Old 08-03-2007, 02:23 PM   #76  

Melissa, I've had the same feelings. The TE that I've had are just an urgency to get to the restroom, and that hasn't happened often. I also have "tested" it to see if anything would happen, and there haven't been any drastic things that have. I've wondered if it's working especially since I'm not seeing the weight dropping off like so many others. Maybe after my TOM, things will be better. I hope things work out for you also.

My tracker shows 10 pounds, but I am only doing it in 10 pound increments. I also have quite a bit to lose. I changed my tracker recently because I had gained a few, but maybe I should have left it like it was and just worked my way back to that.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:09 PM   #77  
Til'

I had a run in with pizza last night, myself. I was very good, though, and had a salad and one slice of thin-crust, veggie. Then it was on to my mom's house to play some games. Ah, then the freshly baked cookies started rolling out...not good.

I paid for the cookies and last weekend at the beach when I weighed in. I was up to 251.2. That's about 1/2 a pound up from last week. Curses! Well, here I go again!

I can sympathize with those who do not get TE's. I haven't had any yet, either. It does make it harder and harder to stick to the straight and narrow - especially since I'm counting on that little blue pill to help me out!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Ravisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 04:30 PM   #78  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

You know I havnt had TE's for a few weeks now, but that is because I am mentally making better choices than when I first started. It took me about 4 good weeks to stop having the spotting in the toilet. I had that one TERRIBLE "ASSPLOSION" at work (remember no one saw, and I happened to have extra pants in my car...THANK GOD!!!) But since then I have NOT "tested" anything! I have been VERY CONSCIOUSLY making better choices! I "KNOW" it is the blue pill that helps me.
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 05:00 PM   #79  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

according to the formula, i need about 1900 calories to lose...

maybe that's where i'm going wrong.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 05:26 PM   #80  

I have been taking alli about 3 weeks now. I have finally figured out what I can eat and cannot eat. Just this week I have had very few TE's. My first 2 weeks I had terrible TE's and several 'plosions. Horrible, Horrible....... I was having to take extra pants with me. I don't want to do that anymore. So I am eating right and not cheating. I have found lots of good things with little or no fat in them. They definitley have a larger selection now than they did in the past.
emmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 07:24 PM   #81  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Default When you least expect them . . .

Melissa, I can understand how you feel, wondering if alli is doing what it's supposed to do. There were lots of times when I know I went way over my alloted fat grams and not much of anything happened. Then last Sunday morning all **** broke loose and boy was I happy that I was at home! So even if you think it isn't doing anything, it is. I think this stuff has a wicked sense of humor, sneaks up on you when are getting too cocky and brings you back down to reality!
bobbigene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:30 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 220/209/155

Height: 5'7"

Okay I started Alli tonight. I'm terrified of the consequences if I stray... Although I have to say I already eat like a girl who's a size 6, but it's not the same for me because I have Hypothyroidism so it's twice as hard to lose or maintain for that matter. Honestly to me 1600 calories is like cheating. For instance today I had 200 calories for breakfast and about 4 fat grams. Lunch was 189 calories and 1.5 grams of fat. Dinner I can't really calculate but I had 4 scallops with Jasmine rice. I pray Alli helps because I don't think I can eat any better.
NICKLES077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 09:16 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 200/188/150

Nickels - If you're really eating that way, alli probably isn't right for you. The whole thing is that you really need to get the fat and calories - or at least close - that is recommended, or else there is nothing to do it's magic on. It's basic math - alli works on 25% of the fat you ingest, at 9 calories per gram. If you eat very, very low calories and low fat, alli will be minimally effective. I'd suggest you read the documentation very carefully, and some of the earlier threads where people are still trying to get their brains around how this works.

Also, to some of the other posters - I get concerned when I keep reading that people WANT TE's occasionally so that they know alli works. Or imply that if they overeat and don't get one it must not be working. Again, I would urge those people to reread the documentation. TE's aren't the way you find out if it's working. Weight loss is the way...I've been on alli for 5 weeks. I have had a few days of too much fat - but not a ridiculous amount. I've never had a TE or anything even remotely close, and I've consistently lost 2 pounds a week. Which is probably exactly 50% more than what I would have lost without it.

I read recently "Yea! I had a TE...so it's working!!!". That is NOT the right attitude, or the right science.

Stay on the program - eat well, eat some fat, exercise, take your blue pills. I think it will work!
santafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 09:31 AM   #84  
Bingo

ladies,

i really need some help. I keep gaining and losing the same 1lb over and over again. I am exercising most days of the week, and am eating according to the weight watchers plan. What am i doing wrong? Maybe I am not getting enough calories? I am taking alli with every meal, (up to 3) and am seeing physical changes slowly on my body, but no weight loss at all. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

I am so discouraged. Maybe I should try a new weigh in day.
Old 08-04-2007, 09:40 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 200/188/150

What is a typical day like? What are you eating?
santafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 10:19 AM   #86  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Good morning to everyone! Weigh in day for many of us. I lost the pound I'd gained and another so I'm pleased. Hope everyone had a good week.

Last edited by bobbigene; 08-05-2007 at 08:17 AM.
bobbigene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 10:23 AM   #87  
Bingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by santafe View Post
What is a typical day like? What are you eating?
breakfast: three egg whites, three slices of turkey bacon, two slices of whole wheat bread.

lunch: 4 oz pasta, shrimp (or other lean protein), 1 tsp olive oil

dinner: bl sl chicken and 1/2 cup brown rice (or mashed potatoes), broccoli

snacks: blackberries, cherries, 100 calorie pack puddings
Old 08-04-2007, 12:45 PM   #88  

Height: 5'3

Hi all! Yesterday was my first day on Alli although I started the 'diet' on Monday. I have lost almost 40 pounds on the South Beach diet but have been struggling with the last 10 - 15 pounds for the past year. I've decided to try Alli to see if it will give me a boost. Diet-wise, I plan to do a modified South Beach - same types of food and getting the fat that I do eat from good fat sources but dropping the overall amount to be within 'safe' Alli ranges. Already since Monday I'm down 3 pounds. I think just reducing my fat intake has made an impact.

For those of you who are struggling, I agree with Santafe - after thoroughly reading the Alli documentation and following several message boards, TE's are a side affect of Alli - not proof that its working. No TEs does not mean no benefit. The fat should still be getting blocked, you just are perhaps lucky in that you don't experience the side effects. Frankly, I'm hoping to avoid the TEs altogether.

Another suggestion for those struggling - have you tried playing w/ the types of food you eat? I've found that my body will not cooperate when eating processed sugars and carbs so I focus on lean proteins, fruits, the occasional whole grain and healthy fats such as olive oil (in appropriate Alli moderation). This is how I'm starting out on my Alli plan and if I run into roadblocks, I will do trial and error from there.

Dcapulet - how much fat are you getting per meal? At a glance, it looks a bit low. Are you approaching the Alli max/meal?

Here goes nothing!
Travellin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:45 PM   #89  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Santefe...I have to disagree with you. I dont think there is anything wrong with relishing in TEs. To me and I know others agree, THAT is the best part of the pill, knowing there will be consequences to pay if you dont stick to your plan. Its that little bit of added willpower. And they do market it that way. "you have to be committed" The whole draw to take the little blue is make the committment, stick to your plan because if you dont...guess what...TE! For me personally I dont want TEs because I think thats me losing weight, I want TEs so that I KNOW...there are consequences to pay if I dont stick to my plan. As it is now...yeah, i can stick to my eating plan, but if tempted, there really is nothing stopping me. Where as those with TEs do have that little something that makes them say...oh better not! THAT is what I'm after.

dcapulet...I would definetly evaluate how many calories you get per day. Also, have you been doing the same exercise all the time? AND have you taken your measurements? If we eat too low of calories our bodies start working against us in losing weight. We've got hormones that kick in if our body doesnt get enough to function. Now looking at your menu it looks great but I would just check it again. We MUST eat to lose. Also, if you've been doing the same exercise for awhile it could just be your body needs a bit of a shake up. If you've been doing weights, it could also be that you are building your lean muscle tissue along with losing the fat but the scale wont move and that is why its really important to take your measurements while on a weightloss plan. You dont lose weight and inches at the same time, so while the scale may not be reflecting the measuring tape could be. Just dont give up!! You'll figure this all out!

We are off to the lake today. After my little poor me party I've had the past couple of days I'm going to recommit to myself. A huge part of that is going to be journalling. My goal for this weekend is to lay out the plan for myself for the week. I can do this! I know I can!

Have a wonderful day Alligators!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 12:47 PM   #90  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Travellin....Hello! and ...that is my point..I want to avoid TEs too, but I dont get them so how is that avoiding? You are so right...sugar is the devil! It spurs all kinds of nasty things. Whole foods is the way to go!
Hun.e.B is offline   Reply With Quote