Old 07-20-2007, 08:45 PM   #1  

Height: 5'4"

Angry Biscotti - I can't believe what I did. :(

I cannot eat the L A Lites because of a soy allergy, but I decided to buy a box of the biscotti as a treat. What the heck was I thinking?

I started 2 weeks ago and had an amazing TO for the first two days. Doing the LA Express special for $249 so I only go in once a week. I did great the first 3 days OP and then I remembered the biscotti. ARGGGGGG

I acutally INHALED the entire box, yes folks, all 6 of them. In about 10 mintues, I totally messed up my week. Well, went in and gained 4 ounces, think what a wonderful loss I would have had.

Now I am busy beating myself up. I know I should get over it, drink plenty of water and just go on, but I still can't believe I was stupid enough to think I could bring chocolate cookies in the house and just have one.

Anyway, I am pretty new here, but thought I would post this in the hopes that now I can move on.

Thanks for listening
Roberta
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 192.6/183.6/125

Height: 5'2"

Roberta - Don't stress we all have those moments. Mine was with the Double Chocolate L.A. Lites. I found if you stick one in the microwave for about 10-12 seconds it is like eating a fudge brownie..... my favorite. So last week I ate two at one time... silly me! I think admitting it and moving on is a great idea!
galachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 01:30 AM   #3  
FBD/8-18-08

Roberta, remember this is a LIFESTYLE change! You're in the midst of REPROGRAMMING your thinking, your actions, and your REACTIONS!!! I love how Dr. Oz explained it in his book... You're driving down the "weightloss road" whether it's LAWL or Weight Watchers or whatever... you've got your map in hand and you know exactly where you're planning on going! (A thinner, healthier YOU!)

Suddenly, you make a left turn and you hear a voice say, "WARNING! You've made an improper turn.

Please make a U-turn at the next available opportunity!" So, you turn around... get back on track, and head towards your goal! (A thinner, healthier YOU!)
So, with ALL that said, I'd say you're back on track! You can do this girlfriend! Hang in there! We're here for ya!
Blessings,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 01:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 226/170/140

Height: 5' 6"

I love that analogy, Prazteam! Nice use of the icons :P
(I made a wrong turn today, went 3 miles in the wrong direction. Now wheres that steering wheel....)
Jamboree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 01:55 AM   #5  
FBD/8-18-08

Jamboree - we must be out here at the same time! I just saw your goal of a size 10 jeans... I bought my first pair of jeans after 15 years of NOT wearing them, after I lost 30 pounds and got a new job. Of course, according to my co-workers, I bought them too big, but it was hard enough imagining my body in a pair, much less getting them fitted! (Can you say stuffed trunk?!?)
Well, now those jeans are getting REALLY large and I'm planning on purchasing some new ones in the Fall. It should take me that long just to work up the nerve to go shopping and try more on!
Hugs Honey,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:17 AM   #6  

Height: 5'9"

Roberta, those Biscottis are to die for, aren't they?

Unfortunately, like you, they are a trigger for me so I've decided not to purchase them during the weight loss phase.

Don't beat yourself up. It happens...Just move on and learn from it...aaaaand...you should probably avoid buying the biscottis for the time being. Suzette
space99s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 09:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 161/140/133

Height: 5'7

Suzette & Roberta,

I have LA stuff that I don't buy too. It is too easy for me to go overboard. I NEVER get the Carmel Deluxe Lites. They are way too good. I bought one box and every day that week I ate three of them. Not good!

Ginger
chickflickcherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 10:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 291/258/249 (mini goal)

Height: 5'8"

I can believe it because I did the EXACT same thing!! Except I did it one week with the biscotti (one on the first day, the rest - dipped in milk - the next), and the following week I knew it was a trigger so I decided to try the Lites instead. I bought the deluxe caramel. Five the first day, two the next (back on plan, right?). It's like this deprived, depraved MONSTER takes over and just wants to ABSORB any sweets in the vicinity.

What's different though (this time) is that I didn't feel any sense of shame or depression after doing so. It was almost funny to me, like "I can NOT believe I did that!" I was definitely able to look at my actions a little more objectively and not be so emotional (thus feeling like a failure). I went back to plan pretty immediately and made a mental note to NOT have triggers in the house until I can slay the beast
CharliesHotMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 10:44 AM   #9  

Hi Roberta, I think this is all about learning a new eating habits, and anytime we are learning something new mistakes are an inevitable part of the process. I'm glad to hear you've stopped beating yourself up about it.

I'm also curious about the center's response to your food allergies? I mentioned when I went in that I have several, and was put on a program which includes foods I'm allergic to. Do they have the ability to modify the program for this? For example, if someone is allergic to dairy would they give you something else to replace that food group or do you just do without altogether or what?
Luckybustert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 02:27 PM   #10  
Jill on LAWL

S/C/G: 192/157/155

When I first started this diet, my COD was selling the cereal bars and biscotti for 6/$30 or $6/box. I love the biscotti (all 3 flavors) and they were going to be discontinuing the cereal bars. So, I bought six boxes and took them home. Well, my 13 DD got into them and I hardly got any of them. She was really, really sneaky and just opened the corner of the box to get them out. I about had a fit!! Now I'll buy one box of biscotti every few weeks and I've explained to the counselors why I can't buy extra boxes!
Jill
Jillibean1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 03:14 PM   #11  

Pearl

I lurked on these boards for a couple of weeks and then joined LAW, so I have read quite a few of Pearl's Pearls directed at other people. I am truly honored that you would respond to my goof and will definitely take your (and all the other wonderful posts) words to heart. You are so right about the road to health approach.

Agree with the others, hey - have you ever thought about writing a book with all your "pearls"?

Roberta
Old 07-21-2007, 03:23 PM   #12  

Default Biscotti - and other trigger foods

Well - everyone posting their trigger stories made me giggle (OK - I admit it, I laughed) and made me feel lots better. After all this time, imagine me bringing anything baked AND chocolate into the house. Learned my lesson.

I love Peanut Butter and usually eat it as my 1/2 protein on a wasa cracker with homemade SF jam for breakfast with yogurt. PB is definitely a red light food so I went to a restaurant supply house and bought a case of the individual tubs like they put on the table at restaruants. The serving is about 1 Tbs and I can handle that. Of course, I will have enough PB to last me until my 80th birthday, LOL, but at least I found a way to eat it and not binge. Chocolate and cookie mix, not so much. I could buy ONE at a time (like at a bakery) and be okay, but a box, not in my house, at least not at this point.

You all made me smile, laugh and a couple of tears trickled out. I am back on track and eating 'real food' - snacks of off my list right now, just can't handle them. I always want more.

Something else that I do, I get on the scale backwards. Don't want to know what I weigh. In the long range scheme of things, I just want to know how much I lost and they are very cooperative with that.

Thanks again
Roberta
Old 07-21-2007, 04:48 PM   #13  

I just started two weeks ago at LAWL, one thing I have learned is if you should "slip and fall" is to get back on your feet and back to the plan.....don't stop....it take time to take the weight off....just like it took time to put it on....carry on....you can do it!
reallybigguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 04:51 PM   #14  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

It could've been a Triple Whopper with Cheese King Size meal with a regular soda. If you put it into persepctive, you saved about 4000 calories by binging on the biscotti. You have to think of it that way and get back on the wagon.

LAWL is about a lifestyle change, you have a slip-up you get back on the horse and keep riding. No one is going to be perfect at all times, if we were none of us would be following a weight loss program.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 05:12 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckybustert View Post
Hi Roberta, I think this is all about learning a new eating habits, and anytime we are learning something new mistakes are an inevitable part of the process. I'm glad to hear you've stopped beating yourself up about it.

I'm also curious about the center's response to your food allergies? I mentioned when I went in that I have several, and was put on a program which includes foods I'm allergic to. Do they have the ability to modify the program for this? For example, if someone is allergic to dairy would they give you something else to replace that food group or do you just do without altogether or what?
I am not sure about other allergies. I told them I cannot have soy and they totally respected that in terms of trying to sell me the products. Matter of fact, they never mention the products to me. I asked about and bought a container of the smoothie mix because I wanted to have a fruit option, figured I might mix a container of yogurt with it if I wanted a totally acceptable treat. If you can't have dairy, they should be able to call the nutritionist and give you substitutes for it. My counselor called her once for me when I had a question. I just went through the book they gave me (Red with a number 1 on the cover/not sure what program that is)