3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LA Weight Loss investigation (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/117375-la-weight-loss-investigation.html)

Katy66 07-10-2007 06:51 AM

I've witnessed first hand how biased reporting can be. We had an investigative report done on something going on where I work. When all the questions were cleared up, the reporter refused to come back and report on what had really happened, said that part wasn't good TV. Needless to say I'm very skeptical over any news report now and have to wonder about the other side of the story.

LAWL is a good plan and I have been more successful with it than any of the other VERY COSTLY programs that I've tried over the years. I purchased the lites and have bought some of their other products, because I chose too! Granted they can be a little pushy sometimes, some counselors more than others, but after you flat out say NO, don't need any products today they back off. I can honestly say what I've spent on the program and their products is probably less than the $10 per day for a huge restaurant lunch and the junk food I would have bought over the past 4 mos.

I feel bad for this lady and yes weight is a very sensitive issue for people but at some we are all accountable for ourselves. If she didn't have the $4000 to spend then she shouldn't have bought all the products. This is so typical of people today. "I overspent and got myself in financial trouble so now I have to blame someone, couldn't possibly be my fault." Some reporter trying to make a name for themself picked it up to try and make a story.

dietgirl00 07-10-2007 07:00 AM

Prazteam- like I said time and again, I'm not here to dissuade anyone or persuade anyone into anything. Not once did I say people need to stop using LAWL. I saw this on television and thought I'd post it up here, since this is a discussion board pertaining to LAWL. And I'm not "pushing" the story. This is an open forum for discussion. That's what I'm doing discussing the story. Anyways, feel free to believe what you want.

zambejaly5 07-10-2007 09:44 AM

dietgirl00..... then why are you here? you say you just thought you would post the info, but you also said you have "tried" LAWL......... what does that mean? did you join? did you follow it? did you lose? if you have actually done the program why are you here trying to give us info? The thing is those of us that have been here a while can tell there is a strange tone to your posts......... something just doesn't ring true. if you want to stir up trouble I sugjest you go to ivillage.com......... they also have a LAWL thread.

autry 07-10-2007 10:02 AM

Free will

Well I went and watched the Fox news report. It sounds like the woman in the video thought she was getting a quick fix, which we all know doesn't exist. I personally have spent 2,000 dollars on my program. (gotta love tax returns) I signed up to loose 75 lbs and bought the bars upfront. I needed to know that I would follow through with the plan and the money spent gives me the added incentive not to fail!!! My center is not pushy in fact they offered the all food plan as well. I got the bars because I love sweets and it gives me an alternative to junk. I am in my 16th week of the program and have lost 30 pounds. To me that is worth way more than I have paid!
My counselors are very supportive and I need that support and push. I think that people need to be real, LA weightloss is a business, to stay in business they need to make money. They are there for folks like me who need the incentive and support to get through this, but they are providing a service and like any other service we pay for what we get.
My advice to anyone is go to several different programs and compare them, hey if you can use ediet and do it for free then you have more will power than I do :o
I also have to add that I love the extra support of this site, it is great to know other people in the same situation are available as a support system.

aguerin 07-10-2007 11:07 AM

Get um girls!.

I have tried EVERY DIET PILL on the market with no luck other than bad side effects. I joined LAWL in May and am currently down 20 pounds and the way I look and feel is worth every penny I have spent. I have stuck to the program. However, I had the sense to test the water to see if it worked for me before jumping into a huge investment. Right now I am out $345 for my first 6 weeks with bars and have signed up for another 6 weeks and bars for $168.00. Money Well spent in my down to size 10 from 14 opinion. :carrot:

Dan2112 07-10-2007 11:09 AM

Gang... Whatever her motives, I appreciate DG's bringing this to our attention..

Like most of you, I've enjoyed a lot of success with the LAWL program.. But you all also know, Liz and I were badly screwed when the franchise owner decided to close the shops without even letting the staff know..

I think we can all agree that the LAWL method of losing weight is effective if you follow the plan... But I think we'd also agree that the sales tactics by some of the COD's leave a LOT to be desired..

Again, whatever the motives, let's not slay the messenger...

Just my humble 2 cents...

Oh, and Liza.. Speaking as someone who worked for NPR.. There are better places to get both sides of a story.. :lol:

momerath 07-10-2007 12:56 PM

I agree, I think we're being a little too hostile toward DG on this one. While I love the program itself, and have personally been happy with the results, I'm certainly aware that it isn't perfect. I definitely appreciate having this brought to my attention, and I think it's important for people considering LAWL to hear this side of the story as well. The fact is, not all centres have the client's best interest at heart, and some counselors are downright mean and pushy! I went into it having done a lot of research, and I knew what to expect, which I think are VERY important to success on the program.

Regardless of whether the program accurately represented LAWL as a whole, I think we can all agree that it's not so far-fetched that centres like that exist, and that's a problem.

zambejaly5 07-10-2007 01:18 PM

I really don't think that if dietgirl00 is real that there is a problem pointing out a new report. I think where this reaction is coming from is that the over all feeling from most of us is that it is not what it seems. go back and read her posts. they don't all jive. Pearl is right it is as if she is the reporter or someone trying to fish for feedback for some other purpose. If on the slim chance that dietgirl00....... notice we don't even have a real name........ is really just one of us and really just posting for the heck of it. I will be the first to apoligize......... but I am not alone in the feeling that there is a scam of some sort afoot here!

lizababe 07-10-2007 01:32 PM

Lettie is right on!

Dan - I also think you are right on with your legal issues. You're not complaining that you paid for a service, it's the fact that you are no longer getting the service you paid for!

Unfortunately, this is a franchise and certain things will vary from center to center. A responsible reporter would point that out. A responsible consumer does their homework and shops around before making a big investment. Like when I was buying a new car. I knew exactly which one I wanted but I had to try a couple of dealerships until I found one who wanted to sell it to me and not my boyfriend.

zambejaly5 07-10-2007 01:37 PM

and one more thought. I paid twice this much when I went to Jenny Craig 13 years ago and I had half the amount of weight to lose!. So I really don't understand the hype about cost. almost every time I have heard someone complain about the cost it is because they didn't stick to the program and didn't lose. and that is thier fault!

smjezzy 07-10-2007 01:50 PM

This thread has totally confused me.

Suzanne 3FC 07-10-2007 01:56 PM

FYI - We have strong reason to believe this topic was started as spam, or viral marketing. Both are a big no-no on our forums.

As several of you have pointed out, this topic has been discussed many times in the past in this forum and is not anything new. Therefore, I am closing this thread. If another LA Weight Loss member wishes to discuss the topic further, please feel free to open a new thread :)

bizlawchik 07-10-2007 02:00 PM

Hi all... yes, we know that some CODs suck. It seems most of the complaints stem from the franchises. And, Dan, what happened to you and Liz definitely sucks and is unacceptable.

What I think everyone is having a problem with is that Dietgirl created a profile and then her first post in an LAWL support board is about the investigation. This thread is the only place she has EVER posted. That's what sounds fishy, and I think that's why those of us who are working the program are wary of her.

Her comments are valid, and she was just bringing up a topic, but for her first post and only subsequent posts to be on a support thread and bad-mouthing the program we all paid for and believe in is where we are having trouble taking her posts as merely "discussion".