:LAWL Losers and Friends - July 9-July 15

You're on Page 7 of 27
Go to
  • Quote:
    Quote:
    Karen -- If you upload the pictures to photobucket, its VERY easy to do a slideshow on there, just one or two clicks and you're done.
    Thanks for the suggestion Angie. I have a software program that I can do all that with, its pretty easy also. My trouble is I am to damn fussy. If I am gonna do something like that, I want it to be perfect. So I have been fussing with it, and lining up certain pictures to particular words of the songs etc. I almost have it finished now. There is 138 pictures and 4 songs. Just have to get the menu page done now.

So, I am cooking supper tonight and the tv is on and I hear ..... we interrupt this program to bring you the latest breaking news ...... hmmm. I'm thinking - where did I hear that today.... that was kind of Kristen's introduction to her throwing her scale onto the Trans Canada Highway..... anyway ... good news is - it wasn't Kristen they were talking about. Instead, they were talking about that young girl from Medicine Hat that killed her family. I am sure it made national news - she was convicted of 1st degree murder on all three counts. Where that happened is just 90 minutes from where I live.
    What makes someone so young do something like that??? Heartwrenching!

Anyway, I need to get off this computer, I have been on it all day and my eyes are starting to go buggy.

Hope everyone has a better scale day tomorrow.

Night all.
  • I can't stop LOL about the scale being tossed off an overpass...I feel that way so often. Tomorrow is my WI and I have been MIA from my COD...I am not too excited about that. I am sure I will get my favorite counselor too

Ughhh!!! After reading around here though I want to go in and find out if I get a new plan!!!
  • Thanks for all the 'puter advice! My boss the "guru" let me borrow his vehicle today for a few because mine decided to have break problems on the way to work today. While we were doing the drop off and pick up, I asked him about it and he said the modem is fried. The good news is he has spare parts from his hobby of building computers and will bring one in for me tomorrow. In the mean time - Blhhhhhhhhbeepblrrrrrrblhhhhhhbeepblrrrrrblhhhhhhh hhh...
    As least I can still get here!
    Denverchick - that is one HOT avatar!!! YEOW! It's great to see you too!
    Msbuckweet - welcome! This is an amazing group of caring, loving, concerned folks that will motivate, encourage, empathize (sp?), listen, and tell you what you need to hear (whether you want to hear it or not) - Oh yeah, that's probably me!
    Dan - I'm living vicariously through your visit to O.G.! YUM!
    Debbie367 - It's great to see you again too! Hang in there girlfriend, Monday only comes once a week. It's downhill from here.
    Angie, Liza, and all the other LOSERS for today... Congrats!
    Christine - Hope all went well with COD!

I'll see you all later today after a few hours of zzzzzzzzzzzzz's.
    Blessings!
  • Good Morning. Thought I'd check in early since I'll be away from the computer most of the morning. Just catching up on the posts from last night.

Karen - sorry the shower and shave advice didn't help you.

Liza - definately keep your long hair

Christine - good luck wth your WI today.

Dan - Congrats to your DD and OG sounds way too tempting for me right now. Hope you were able to be POP

Debbie and Kristen - Hope today brings you both a loss and out of the grumpies

Hello to everyone else out there. Hope you have a wonderful day.
  • Happy Tuesday y'all Hope everyone is having a good week so far -- absolutely nothing going on here - stuck at home again (DH's car is out of commission until Thurs evening so he has my truck ) I need to finish up laundry today and possibly get the lawn mowed, depending on how wet it is - The kids have been wanting to get the slip n' slide out - maybe I will cut the grass first and just see how green I can turn my children today -

Y'all have a great day !!!
  • Hey everyone - I'm back at work - yuk. At around 10:30 Sunday night I was thinking that if I had my appendix out, I could get another 5 days off.

Karen - I did get out to golf, it was weird at first, I kept flinching thinking that it was going to hurt on my follow-thru. After the 2nd hole, I realized that nothing hurt, and told myself to get a grip!!!!

I am still sort of half POP. This is mainly due to the fact that I did not grocery shop last week, and DH despises doing it. There is not a veggie or fruit in the house. Once I get my act together, I am ON!

OK, gotta go. Why is that you take a week off and somehow 3 weeks of work end up on your desk?????
  • Amy - look at your hot new avatar!!

Yesterday at naptime, DS showed us a new trick: she climbed out of her crib. We were not surprised. She's three, but has seemed to love the security of her crib so we saw no reason to rush her out of it. Yesterday afternoon, I took the side rail off and converted her bed to a daybed, talking to her the whole time about her new big girl bed and how she couldn't jump out of bed all during the night. She is so strong-willed that I figured we'd be up all night with her, putting her back in bed. I purposely kept her up later than usual and then sang her usual 5 night-night songs. She wasn't asleep yet, so I sat in the rocking chair and sang for about 30 minutes until she was asleep. DH and I went to bed shortly after that and watched Leno. We had just rolled over to go to sleep when we heard a big THUNK! I rushed back and found her still asleep, stretched out on the floor, and rolled up in her blanket like a burrito! I scooped up and put her back in bed. She opened her eyes to look at me and then went right back to sleep. She slept until about 7:30 this morning when she bounced into our room and said, "I'm a big girl, Mama! I stayed in my bed all night long!"

Yesterday was a big day for her: first swimming lesson, first night "out" of her crib, and first night I tried that nasty paint-on stuff to help her stop sucking her thumb. It has cayenne pepper extract in it. She licked her thumb, frowned, made a horrible face, shrugged, and put her thumb in anyway. Looks like this is going to take a while!!
  • Angie-Thanks for the pep talk girlie! LOL

I wasnt POP the last 2 days but MUCH closer than I have been in a while. I over did it with watermelon but figured that was better than chocolate! It filled me up and kept me in the potty getting rid of all that water! LOL

I havent been keeping my diary, havent been weighing and measuring like I should. I just gotta get my head back in the game!

I'm headed out to weigh, we'll see what happens. Check in with you guys later!!!
  • What's a diary???? LOL. Hmmm - really gotta get on my POP.

Kim - over on watermelon can't be all that bad. Unless it a Friendy's Wattamelon Ice Cream Roll.
  • Morning gang.. I'm glad to report that we both made it home from Olive Garden relatively unscathed... Liz and I both had grilled chicken cesar salads with dressing on the side.. We both had a couple of breadsticks, but heck, if that was the worst of our transgressions, then I think we'll be ok.. Their new steak dish was extremely tempting, especially since it's served on a bed of penne with a garlic butter sauce, but we resisted!!

We even skipped the customery dish of alfredo dipping sauce for the breadsticks (much to our DD's consternation!)...

Liza... Talk about a "whoops" with the news coverage... I know what you mean about the privacy... Liz has been concerned for a long time, since I'm a "public figure" but we're still listed in the phone book.. I look at like this.. I'm a public servant... If someone really needs to get a hold of me, they can look me up.. It's also there for the media.. If for some reason I'm not answering my cell phones, they can try me at home as a last ditch effort..

Of course, no one ever thinks to look in the phone book anymore.. A reporter was giving me a hard time because he couldn't get a hold of me about some fire one Saturday.. I had been outside doing yardwork and didn't have my phones with me.. I asked him if he had looked my home number up in the phone book and he said no.. It hadn't even occurred to him that I was listed..

Kim, I agree with Kim... Going over on watermelon (the key word being "water") is nowhere near as bad as going over on breadsticks or chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream!

Felicia - Savor these "discovery" moments.. As Liz and I have discovered, they are far too fleeting...

Christine - Get thee to thy COD at once!! ... Seriously, lecture or not, you'll feel better.. It will be a monkey off your back!!

Have a great day all!!
  • Back from WI and happy to report that I've lost 1.2 since Friday! Even better, this was a "measuring day" and I was thrilled to learn that I've lost 23 inches since our join date (May 28)!! Woo hoo!

I'm so thankful that I saw such great results. It's just the thing to get me back on track and out of my funk!
  • WOW Felicia 23 inches!! And you are down! That is SO great.
    Thanks for the compliment, I thought it was time to change it up! Big day for your daughter! So cute!

My BNWI was down A LOT this morning. I think I finally lost all that water from what I ate in Tahoe this weekend. I wont go to COD til Thurs so hopefully this isn't a mirage!

Dan-way to be OP at OG!! Their sauces are brutally fattening and hard to resist-that is awesome!

Kimphin-glad you are recovered...too bad that means work!

Kim-let that tummy be your motivation to get back on track! You look so great you've gotta keep it up! You can do it!

Pearl-glad you know what is ailing your computer! Hope it works out!

Karen, Kristen, Lee Ann-are you at one with your scale this morning? I'm scared to turn on the news....

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
  • WAY TO GO FELICIA!!! That's awesome news!
  • Wow, Felicia...that's awesome!!
  • Good afternoon all!
    Norissa - add a little green food coloring to the "slip" and the green will last a lot longer!
    Kim and Kim - I actually could live on fruit and veggies! In fact, with both pregnancies, I ONLY craved fruits and dh brought home a watermelon every day! (NO exageration!) Right now I've got fresh black cherries, ranier cherries, nectarines, peaches, 4 kinds of apples, watermelon, and canteloupe in the fridge! (good grief!) Thankfully, my yds LOVES fruit more than candy and chips!
    Felicia - 23 inches is AMAZING!!!
    Dan - I really was hoping for a better vicarious experience! I think you both did extremely well - far better than I would have! O.G. is one of our favorites and for that matter, I've not been there in a couple of years!
    Nicole - what the heck?!? I come back and you disappear?!? I'm trying NOT to take is personally!
    Met up with my boss at 1:30 this a.m. and he and a friend followed me to the garage to drop off our truck. Now I'm driving the HUGE truck with a ladder rack... OMG! I feel like I'm in a tank! What a great guy though! He's really a great friend and we make a great team at work! Good Cop/Bad Cop.... Guess which one is the BAD cop?!? (he's such a push over!)
    Man, we were slammed last night at work! Not only was it $1 day, but it was over 100 degrees here and nobody wanted to go home! I had to shut off lanes to get people to leave! (uh, that would make me the bad cop in case you aren't keeping up!) Actually, I'm more like the "momma" cop than anything. Keeping everyone in line, fussing if they act up, straightening them out if they need it, a few smack on the hands for actions not acceptable in a family atmosphere (like shooting the bird, shouting the "f" word, putting hands on another's body parts...) Yep, I treat 'em all like I treat my kids and I expect the same behavior...
    Well, gotta go get ready for work... Wonder where I put that bad cop uniform?!?
    Blessings,