old LAWL "boost"

You're on Page 1 of 7
Go to
  • when I was here before we did a challenge that involved replacing a meal with a shake.....does anyone remember that, still have it or know where i can find it? I'm searching threads and don't seem to find it.........
  • never mind....i think i found it.....sorry!
  • Just in case someone wants to see it...I think this is it.
    Quote:
    21 DAY BOOST

DAY 1 & 2 TAKEOFF
    DAY 3 & 4 REGULAR PLAN
    DAY 5-9 SUBSTITUTE 1 SLIM DOWN SHAKE FOR 1 PROTEIN AND 1 STARCH
    DAY 10 & 11 REGULAR PLAN
    DAY 12-17 SUBSTITUTE 1 SLIM DOWN SHAKE FOR 1 PROTEIN AND 1 STARCH
    DAY 18 & 19 REGULAR PLAN
    DAY 21-21 TAKEOFF

Slimdowns are expensive so i used slimfast optima instead. This is supposed to boost your weightloss and for me it worked.
  • I have a question about this.. I thought TO could only be done every 14 days?
  • You're correct. This one has it at the beginning and end of the 21 day boost so it's actually about 2 1/2 weeks between TOs.
  • Shakes
    I do the shakes occassionally as a breakfast replacement when I need a boost, without doing the TO. I've not done the TO since I started the plan in February........I'm thinking about it so I can meet my Labor Day goal. Don't think I would buy their TO though, I'd use some of the substitutes that are recommended on here.
  • I tried the Kirkland canned shakes from Costco. They have 230 calories, 44 grams of carbohydrates, 10 grams of protein and 4 grams of fiber---I know the Slim Downs have more calories and protein, but I got tired of paying all of that money for them. At Costco, a case of 24 chocolate shakes costs $13.99.
  • Does anybody know what this 21 day boost does for you? What are your typical results when doing it? 2, 5 pounds?
  • I've only done it once, but I think I lost 9.5lbs in that time and usually I lose 1.5/week.
  • A question for you---I have not been to the center lately, since they closed the one closest to me, and the "nearest" one is 35-40 minutes away. The last time I went, they were switching from the shakes in the waxy cartons, to the pack of canned shakes. I loved the four packs in the cartons because they did not have that "canned" taste. What do you think of the new ones?
  • I haven't had the new ones. Actually, I only had the LA slim downs once. I use a Slim Fast Optima shake and supplement it with a rf string cheese. The calories and fat add up to the LA shakes, and the cheese adds a little more protein than the LA shakes. Been doing that for awhile now, and I like having a little something to chew w/the shake.
  • I was thinking that it would be a good idea to add an ounce or two of protein on the side when I have a shake. I think the Optimas are even lower calorie than the Costco shakes, if I am remembering correctly.

I have loved coming back to these boards. Some weight loss sites descend into personal attacks and politics. The kindness and good manners on this site are very much appreciated.
  • O.K. I am going to try this after my next WI. I am going to try to get in the COD today, but it is raining and dreary outside. Anyone want to join me and post the results? Anybody? Anybody?
  • I'd love to give it a try since we're planning a beach trip on Labor Day to visit old friends whom I haven't seen in almost 10 years! That will give me a good 6 weeks to see what I can do and the 3 weeks on the Boost might jump start me. I'm in Alabama too and you're right - today is blah!! I hate rainy mornings. Anyway, I go in to weigh today around lunch time and will get a TO then and get started tomorrow. Count me in!
  • What the heck... it's been awhile since I've done a TO or used a slim down on a regular basis. But Saturday is my anniversary and we're going out to dinner and then a party. I'll start my TO on Sunday.

Any other takers for a 21 day boost starting Sunday? Sure will help the Labor Day Challenge!