Old 07-25-2007, 03:09 PM   #46  
Changing My Lifestyle

S/C/G: 230/180/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone! I'm back from Kansas City. What a wonderful vacation, if you can call 8 hours a day of shopping vacation! LOL I went down south with 2 suitcases and came back with 5! I guess a bunch of new (smaller!) clothes and sixteen pairs of new shoes will do that! Hahaha!

I didn't stay 100% on plan so I only lost 1/2 a pound while away, but at least I didn't gain. The wedding was spectacular. It was the third marriage for both of them and was the first time they got to do exactly what they wanted and had the money to finance anything they wanted to do/have. My sister looked like a princess and despite the melting hot temps during the ceremony (outdoor garden wedding) everything went well.

I'm very glad to be home, sleeping in my own bed, back on plan and back to the gym. I missed my flight home on Sunday and ended up not being able to get back until Monday night and then took Tuesday off to unpack and get settled.

Sounds like everyone is doing great. Cheryl, make sure to keep updating us. My girlfriend just found out she's pregnant as well. We're trying to figure out her due date before she goes to the OB/GYN on Thursday, but she can't remember the first day of her last period. I guess we'll know soon enough. I'm kinda bummed as my DH had to go out of town for work on Monday morning so not have I not seen him since July 14 (briefly when he dropped me off at the airport @ 6am), but I won't get to see him know until next Tuesday! Maybe I'll make the 4.5 hour drive on Friday night and surprise him at his hotel with some of my new lingerie...

Have a great day everyone.
Tamara
tleef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:06 PM   #47  

Quote:
Oh, Cheryl, thank you for finding that darling "ticker" and sharing! By the way, ARE you into morning sickness yet?
Yep! I call it "selective eating enforcement." So far I've discovered that the baby "doesn't like" Chinese food and tropical fruit smoothies from Sonic! Blech. And what that ticker says is actually true--I always thought I kept my potty pretty clean until now

Quote:
Cheryl, make sure to keep updating us. My girlfriend just found out she's pregnant as well. We're trying to figure out her due date before she goes to the OB/GYN on Thursday, but she can't remember the first day of her last period.
That didn't matter for me--I wound up being a week off anyway!

Quote:
Maybe I'll make the 4.5 hour drive on Friday night and surprise him at his hotel with some of my new lingerie...
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 04:06 PM   #48  

Oh, Whittlin, I'll be on the look out for SF coupons for ya!
4myloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:05 PM   #49  
On A Mission

S/C/G: 250/ticker/140

Height: 5ft 3in

I started today {26 July} So far I've had a RTD shake, a cup of Motts applesauce and I'm working on a bottle of instant green tea.

I have 50 pounds to goal and I've done slim fast before with amazing success. I was also working in a factory at that time though, and now I'm a student, so I'm looking to add more high energy burn activities to my life.

THat's about all I can think of to say. if you have any questions, feel free to ask

Last edited by mkat321; 07-26-2007 at 10:50 AM.
mkat321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 09:24 AM   #50  
Getting there...

S/C/G: 195.6/see ticker/135

Height: 5' 6"

Default Back!

Hi everyone,

Whitlin' congrats on your loss. It's hard to stall but great to know you're back on the downward path. Woo hoo. I've never seen coupons for SlimFast either. If I did they would probably only work in Canada though...

Tamara it sounds like your trip was great. Glad you had fun shopping for smaller clothes. I noticed on this trip that my jeans are too big (Yippeeee) but we have NO money right now so I'll have to use a belt. Not like I need jeans at 30+ degrees though. Besides, I plan to continue to lose weight so I don't need too many sizes! Congrats on your little loss also, sounds like you're doing great.

4myself, things sound like they are going as expected. I hope the sickness doesn't get too bad. LOL on the "selective eating enforcement" - that's a good one.

mkat321 to our slimfast group. I hope you can find lots of activity options - I've been running, hiking (recently - we were in Jasper on vacation) and biking, as well as using exercise videos and weights. I'm working on a 50lbs loss on slimfast too, part way there now. Congrats on the 40lbs lost so far and keep with it!

Well we had a GREAT vacation, although I didn't stay very on plan. I did have my breakfast shakes but lunch was usually off plan - I still have lots of slimfast for the next week or two! I weighed myself this morning and am up 0.8 lbs since leaving, but I also know my water intake has been all messed up with a long drive yesterday so will see how it goes over the week. All in all I did lots of activity but ate more than I have been. I'm not disappointed with a small gain, even if it sticks, because it gives me an idea of what to expect with less than stellar eating plans. I'm back on track this morning and ready to lose!

Owen had a wonderful time at hockey school and wants to go again next year (and forever!). The rest of us did lots of hiking, bicycling around the campsite and other activity. It was a good rest and nice to be somewhere a little cooler. It's still WAY too hot here. A large black bear wandered past our trailer the first evening, but after that all we saw was lots of elk, grazing around the campground. There was lots of snow this year so the grasses were good (and the buffaloberries - hence the large bear) and we even saw baby elk, still with their spotted coats.

My garden isn't too happy with the heat - things were rather dry yesterday when we got home. I watered and will see how it all comes back. Otherwise we'll be eating small vegetables for a while.

Well that's it, I hope everyone has a great week.

Jax

Last edited by jaxjob; 07-30-2007 at 09:26 AM. Reason: typos!
jaxjob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:23 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Whittlin congratulations on being so close to goal, you must be feeling pretty good..
I did a happy dance this morning , too, scale said 135.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote