Reasons to drink more water...

• I read this in Fitness Magazine over the weekend and thought I would share.

Got H2O? 3 All-new reasons to drink more water
    Water isn't just cheap and calorie-free, it's the secret weapon that can help you drop pounds faster, perform better, even prevent muscle soreness. Susan Kleiner, Ph.D., R.D., author of Power Eating, explains how:

It's a Weight-Loss Aid. "Your kidneys depend on water to help filter waste from the body. If you're dehydrated, they turn to the liver for assistance. And if the liver is too busy helping out the kidneys, it can't help turn stored fat into energy," says Kleiner. Result? Less fat loss.

It Improves Performace. A water deficit of just 2 to 4 percent of your body weight can cut your strength-training ability by as much as 21 percent and your aerobic power by nearly 50 percent.

It Reduces Post-Workout Soreness. The more hydrated you are, the less likely you are to feel achy. Aim for 8 to 12 cups of fluids daily, 5 of which are pure water, advises Kleiner.
  • Thanks for posting that ! Great info !
  • Thanks for posting!
  • Can you drink to much water! They say you should drink 8 8 oz glasses. What happens if you drink LOTS MORE!! Sometimes I think I might
  • I was wondering if you could drink too much water too. The ladies at my center give conflicting info.