3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers and Friends - July 2 - July 8 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/116667-lawl-losers-friends-july-2-july-8-a.html)

ElleofALady 07-02-2007 06:51 AM

LAWL Losers and Friends - July 2 - July 8

Happy Monday!!!

Amy- Thanks for asking about my POP goal for the day! I did make it...it was tough but I did it. When I think about it, I am like how can I let food get all in my head like this and this weekend I just didn't have answer. That's just how it is sometimes.

Joni- Our CG bill usually looks like a ticket for 4 adults. So, come on, we probably wouldn't notice you while we chowed down. ;) CG is one of our favorite restaurants.

Sarah- Great on making goal!!! You got your two piece ready for this summer, yet?

Karen- 20 lbs!!!! That's awesome!!! We all knew you could do it! Those 5 lbs will probably be gone before you can snap your fingers. KUTGW!!!

Jillian- MMMMMM Sushi and Vodka and Champagne....well, well, sounds like you had some fun this weekend. LOL! You working out so often should help with those liquid fruits and starches. I'll be joining you in the workouts because I have got to be down 50 lbs by mid August to reach my Feb goal weight without stressing out so much. Have a POP Day!

Dan- You sound so excited about going to the museum to see Billy the Kid...:D It sounds like you had more fun at the social event with Liz's co-workers. And, glad to hear your back is doing better.

Lettie- Congrats on getting back on track...Day 4! That's great. I hope you don't have to move, but a lot of times, there are great things in store for you, that you could never dream/imagine about if you are positioned to take the chance to receive it. I firmly believe in that. I hope you have a great day.

KrispieD-:(I hope your DH finds the ring. It sounds extra special. You sound like you are taking it in stride. I guess I would be a little upset if my DH would lose his, because, for one, if I lost mine, he would hit the roof. So, it would only be right for me to be mad at him. :D But secondly, if my DH was as nice looking as yours, I would have to beat the other ladies off with a stick. :D Seriously though, I hope he finds it. Get some rest, Lady. I know how it is to run a Motel 6 inside your home. Have a great day!

Liza- Glad Mini Me is doing good for the most part. You sound like you really love your job. How many people can say that??? I'm a SAHM and I know some days I surely don't "feel the love".:p Anyhoo, I was in San Diego, late April and it just seems like something disastrous was always happening in the surrounding areas. You have to stay busy in your market. How do you get your sleep in?

Brit- GL at WI today. I will wish myself the same.:)

As far as me, those two lbs I gained from Friday are gone(sodium gets you everytime)...however, I still have an extra 1 1/2 lbs that needs to go away. When I get Subway the next time, I will eat my sandwich open face. I really think the 2 pieces of bread had something to do with my gain, as well as the small cheats on Sat. afternoon. My starches were light all week plus I did a TO, so maybe??? I don't know. Maybe, after I work out this morning and have a "release", I will see a change. Note to self: Work on scale addiction. I'm obsessed with my weight. :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:
My eating plan for today: POP with the lightest starches and proteins possible, because Lord help me when I get to CG, tonight!!! The saga continues...HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYBODY!!!

Joni135 07-02-2007 07:17 AM

Morning Letisha.....and happy birthday to your DH!
A true miracle happened this past weekend...I actually lost some weight! Girls and guy...it can happen!!! Even on a weekend. I'm off to the gym...

bayoubelle68 07-02-2007 08:49 AM

Good morning, all! We had an AWESOME weekend! My best friend from high school came to visit with her family. I hadn't seen her in eight years, so it was a wonderful visit. They wanted to meet us for lunch and, knowing that we're dieting and doing well, she told us to choose a restaurant least likely to sabatoge our diet. We chose Chinese because the restaurant has a great Mongolian grill. This is the restaurant that we used to go to EVERY Sunday after church, but we haven't been in since starting LAWL. DH and I both did really well. I loaded up my bowl with cabbage, mushrooms, carrots, chicken, and shrimp and once it was cooked, I hit it with a little bit of soy sauce. It was really good - not the same as my beloved Tiny Spicy Chicken, but still good.

After lunch, we took them to see our new house and then we came back here to visit for several hours. It was just great. The kids got along great (their DD is 11, our DS is 6 and DD is 3) and had a ball playing in the backyard. I was relieved to see that I would make good choices even when tempted by food that I really love.

Here's a link to pictures of our new home:
http://www.rapides.k12.la.us/cheroke...r_new_home.htm

bizlawchik 07-02-2007 09:12 AM

Good morning. I have so much to catch up on and not nearly any time this morning. My boss is back in town and I am loaded with over 30 e-mails from him to sort through. But I will be back in a bit.

On the plus side, I did well maintaining throughout Saturday. Sunday was a different story. I don't know what the heck happened, but we went to the in-laws for FIL's b-day. They had crappy appetizers that I don't even like (chips w/dip, ritz crackers w/a cheese ball), but for some reason it's like I forgot about LAWL and just munched junk. ARGH!!!! At least I thought enough ahead of time to bring myself veggie burgers on a pita instead of the sausages they were grilling. But once I walked in there it was like I forgot I was trying to lose weight. WTF??? So I am up this morning. And drinking lots of water. And getting my act back together so that I can still have a good net loss this week.

I'll check back soon - maybe even w/some personals.

KrispieD 07-02-2007 09:28 AM

Cassi I believe there was some government testing going on yesterday that resulted in unknown toxins being sprayed in the air that when absorbed by the skin immediately impacted the part of your brain that operates the LAWL, POP and good choices commmand centre resulting in a loss of intelligence indirectly leading to poor food choices, overindulgence and self sabotage.
That is the only reason I can explain why I had a sausage and a half on a bun and some brie yesterday..

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

bizlawchik 07-02-2007 09:31 AM

Kristen - As always, you make me feel better. You rock! Glad to have you back after the British Invasion.

emmysmom 07-02-2007 10:21 AM

Wendy - I take Wellbutrin, too. I also started it taking it about 9 years ago to quit smoking. I went on Celexa after my DD was born. I tried to go off of them and do it on my own, but then decided to take the Wellbutrin again. You're right, the side effects are minimal. I get the same was a you...more moody and mean than depressed. My tolerence level was zero. But life is better now:)

Dan - You look amazing!

Felicia - I'm glad to see that your weightloss has picked up...keep it up, girlie!!!

Great loss, Cassie...that's awesome!!!

Welcome back, Pearl!!! I'm not sure if you remember me cuz I was here then gone for about 6 months...then came back in April. Great to see you!

Karen - Awesome job on the 20 pounds!! Woohoo!!!

Liza - your pedicure story made me cringe...ouch!

Kristen - I'm praying for your ring, too...let us know when (not if) you find it:)

Felicia - Your new home is gorgeous! I'll bet you are so excited to move in!

Okay...I think I'm pretty much caught up from Friday. If I missed anyone, I apologize...after about 8 pages, I had to start skimming through...chatty weekend, huh?

slim n trim 07-02-2007 10:22 AM

Good Morning All,

hope that my Canadian friends all survived the Canada Day holiday without to much over indulgence. We bbq burgers last night (the bun was my only cheat all day) so I stepped on the scale this morning praying that I had not put that damned pound back on ..... and woo hoo - I didn't. So my 20 lb loss is still good. I am so excited. This is motivating me to stick to it to lose this final 5. Actually to be honest I have never stuck to a plan for this long before. I used to lose a few pounds, and then fall back into my old habits and before I knew it, the 10 lbs lost found there way home again. So, I am pleased with myself that I am sticking this out.

Actually yesterday when we went to the beach, someone asked me how much weight I had lost. They thought I looked like I had lost more like 30 lbs and told me its time to stop.

Felicia - your house looks lovely. I love the front door. I am always falling in love with the big old wooden doors. We don't have a door like that. DH feels it would not last here in the prairies because its so dry. But I think a front door like that is just beautiful and so warm and welcoming. Congrats.

Kristen - are you feeling our good luck vibes with finding that ring? The power this group has is amazing. I am sure it will turn up. Just a few weeks ago this group was able to deteer a tornado away from I think it was Steph, with all our concern and positive thoughts.

Okay, gotta go and get some stuff done, maybe get a workout in. I'll be back later.

Joni135 07-02-2007 10:23 AM

Felicia - your new home is beautiful....even the paint colors on the walls are just my style....and the kitchen is so pretty....love the backsplash tile! Are you the one that puts your pictures in Publisher and then does a jpeg file? How do you get such nice photo collages done like that. I need to take some classes or practice more with my pictures.

Cassi - for the Finish Challenge, I'll just use the number you gave me last Friday, okay?

Kristen - ring status?

Edited to say hi to Tina and Karen...we were all posting at the same time.

Gotta go..lots of work and stuff to do today.

bayoubelle68 07-02-2007 10:35 AM

Tina - Thanks! I can't wait to move in!

Karen - thanks - I love the front door, too. I'm already picturing it with Christmas garland around it! I also love the two big posts outside. There's a matching one inside. All three came from an old sugar mill and were hand cut 150 years ago! The wood on the door frames in the living room came from the same place as did the wood planks over the outside windows. I just love things that have a story!

Joni - thanks! I love the colors, too. Yes, I do collages in Publisher, but the one with my house photos is just a webpage done in Front Page and temporarily added to my (shhhh!) class website.

Dan2112 07-02-2007 10:45 AM

Mornin' ladies... Where the **** are the guys??!!

I decided to do a TO today and tomorrow, as I enter this final stretch toward goal... Since we don't have any major plans for the 4th, I don't think I'll be tempted too much on the holiday.. Besides, I'll be more into the fireworks aspect of the day...

I don't know.. Maybe I'll smoke that brisket in the freezer...

Joni, congrats on the loss.. Yes, it CAN happen...

Karen - Isn't that a cool feeling? My mom, the person who has always been down on me because of my weight, actually wondered if I shouldn't stop losing weight.

Felicia - Good job at the Chinese place.. Buffets are always tough, but there are ways to make it through, and places that grill the stuff for you are the best!

Cassi - We all have days like that! Go forth and munch no more!

Talk to y'all later!

On edit: OH! I forgot.. Rumor has it that LAWL is going to be starting up again in New Mexico.. I wonder if they will honor old client's contracts?? Probably not, but if they want some good word of mouth, they'll do it!! Stay tuned.. May have only been a rumor, but we'll see....

Repo girl 07-02-2007 10:53 AM

Morning all! Sorry I have been MIA for a few days. My grandpa's funeral was on Friday. It was nice, I guess. Very difficult, to tell the truth. My sisters and I sang a song called "I Believe". That turned out very nice. It was a relief to get the funeral and burial over with. I guess I still have some lingering sadness to cope with. After the funeral, we decided to go camping, so I spent the whole day Saturday cleaning, shopping, and packing. We are camped along the Teton River, about 10 minutes from my house. Since we are so close, DH and I are coming back into town to go to work today and tomorrow, then back out to the the river after we get off. The rest of my family is off work, so my kids are staying at camp with them while we work.

Pearl- Thrilled to see you back!

Felicia- Your new home is beautiful.

Joni- Way to lose over a weekend, you are amazing!

Cassie- No worries, you will get your groove back!

Repo girl 07-02-2007 10:55 AM

Wow, Dan, love the side by sides. You are a huge inspiration!

emmysmom 07-02-2007 10:57 AM

Katie - I'm glad that you made it through the funeral...now the healing process can begin. :hug:

Dan - Out of my own curiosity, I went to the laweightloss website and typed in a zip code from NM, and some centers came up! Maybe that's a good sign...I'm crossing my fingers for you and Liz.

Snowdogs 07-02-2007 11:01 AM

Morning Gals & Guy :-)

Well my weight came off last week (that I gained over a weekend). It was all gone Saturday morn, then this morn. 2 was back. I'm not going to worry about that though.

Something new for me - I found out that my cousin is a dietitian - so I picked his brain and he's given me a meal plan & a little exercise plan. I'm going to give this a whirl for a few months - and see what happens. I hope I'm still welcome on the board though- ya'll are great motivation.

Dan - AMAZING PICS !!!! You must be very proud of yourself! Congrats on the loss so far and best of luck on the rest, I know you can do it !

Felicia - your house is amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Everyone else - not sure how ya'll remember who said & did what - I can normally remember 1 or two. But anyways - Here's to a good week !