Old 07-03-2007, 10:13 AM   #61  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone!

I'll just be lurking today...my DD is sick so I'm home with her. I probably won't get to be on the computer much today. If I don't get to post again, have a POP 4th of July!!!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:31 AM   #62  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Hi Everybody......Well, overslept this morning and didn't get to get my workout in. On the positive side though, I did go to the gym yesterday morning and got my 60 min. of cardio in and 20 min. of weights and went on a 40 min. bike ride last night so maybe if I can get a bike ride in tonight I won't feel as though I'm cheating myself. Sometimes, I feel so exhausted, it's everything I can do just to get myself to work in the mornings. Enough of my complaining.....

Angie - It's always scary when you take a break, but you know as they say....just start from today and more forward - it will be fine and you'll be losing again before you know it...

Heather - so sorry to hear about DFS situation. That has to be confusing for him not to mention the stress it puts on the family - stay strong - you can do it.

Liza- love your cats!!!! and I'm not even a cat person, more of a dog person.

Dan - sounds like an adventurous job - be safe!

Pearl - I do keep a food journal, the only difference on the weekends is I don't follow plan because I'm running around so much. Councelor can't figure out if the gain is a delayed reaction from the weekend or the loss if from the poor eating on the weekends? Crazy...but we'll get it figured out.

Cassie, Katy, Joni, Barbara, Alannah, Nicole, Britt

Felicia - good luck at WI today, and happy moving.....sounds like your going to be doing a lot of it for the next couple of months

Sorry if I missed anyone.....have a great day!
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:34 AM   #63  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Morning all--there are so many I want/need to respond too, and then again--there are so MANY!!! So I will send a blanket HELLO, CONGRATS, GOOD LUCK, SAFE TRAVELS, and GET BACK ON THE TRAIN--there--that should cover everyone. Back from the folks and DD#1 came back with me--wants to hang out with her friends. They are having MAJOR rains in Texas (parts) and the lake my folks live at is up like 20 feet or something crazy. There is normally about 50 yards of land between them and the water and now it's about 3 feet!!! My dad is fishing off his patio right now. Kinda scary but they are slightly above dam level so worst case they will lose their deck and yard before the water goes over the dam but thank God, their house is safe enough. We can hope and pray it doesn't come up anymore but it's not likely right now since they are expecting rain all week.

Okay--all for now--my house is a wreck--not sure anything was done while I was away--not that I expected it but now I have lots of laundry, unpacking, and just putting everything in it's place. My eating has been TERRIBLE--I don't know why I can't wrap my brain around this thing again. My sister that just joined has lost 10 pounds in 5 weeks--she looks terrific--especially since she only started at 145!! But I am envious only because I remember how "good" we were those first 4-5 months. We are almost tempted to rejoin at COD just to have to go back--obviously we can't do it on our own. We'll see how the next week or so goes.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:45 AM   #64  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Oh, Lea Ann - I was wondering if the flooding was affecting you at all. I hope your parents don't get any damage.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:51 AM   #65  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Lean Ann - You said something that hit me -
Quote:
I don't know why I can't wrap my brain around this thing again. But I am envious only because I remember how "good" we were those first 4-5 months. We are almost tempted to rejoin at COD just to have to go back--obviously we can't do it on our own. We'll see how the next week or so goes.
I COMPLETELY understand what you are saying - I have all the "tools" to work this plan and like you - I just can't seem to "stick" with it -- I "give" myself permission to cheat - oh I can just "make it up tomorrow" and then one cheat turns into 2 and then into a day ---

I have started today off POP and my goal for the day is to stay POP ! I decided to stop stressing about the big picture and start dealing with one day/one hour at a time --
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:09 AM   #66  
Princess Heather

back from WI and down another pound....and i'll take it. I said before when I was doing this...i'll count every ounce i lose as a victory! DFS is off at daycare and when we pulled into the parking lot he looked at the building and went "NO NO NO NO" and i smiled..looked at him and went "YES YES YES YES" and he started laughing. As soon as we got in the door he was running to get to his room to see his friends....he's something wonderful...that's for sure!

Pearl: it's so good to have you back!

To everyone have a great POP day and i'll talk with ya'll later!
CandlePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:32 AM   #67  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Kim--it's just crazy--we've seen that lake completely empty and now completely full! They are letting it out as fast as they can but then it affects the farmers downriver--so everyone is trying to make everyone happy and it just doesn't work that way. My sister lives an hour away and they closed their golfcourse because the river that runs through it has flooded the course--just too strange for those of us used to being parched all the time!

Norissa--so glad I am not alone--we can do this--we are smart gals and KNOW how to do this. I am good so far (well--I had an EAS for breakfast and probably count it all wrong, but I am counting it as a protein and starch because I just don't think it should can't as a dairy!) HMMMM....wonder why I am not doing this well! Then it's HLW to see if some of this gain is salt related. We'll hang in here together and take it hour by hour.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:38 AM   #68  
Restart lawl 7-14-08

S/C/G: 150.2/?/127

Height: 5'5"

Hello all, I don't have time for individual shout outs, but I hope everyone is doing great. I'll check in tonight or tomorrow and post to everyone. I am busy at work today!

For tomorrow's cookout, I'm feeding my family the usual hamburgers and hot dogs but I bought boca burgers for me. They are close to the same and I like them. I also have boneless skinless chicken breasts to grill. I have some naughty treats like chips, potato salad and baked beans, and some good treats like fresh fruits and veggies. I'll eat my lite bar when everyone else has cake. So far, I'm not feeling deprived by eating my healthy selections when everyone else eats their junk food!

My COD is having a deal where if I weigh today (tues) and thurs and don't gain more than 1/2 lb, I get a $10 store credit. I can do it!

Have a good 4th of July and I hope you have a good WI at the end of the week.
hollyak24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:41 AM   #69  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Lean Ann - I will hang in there with you - We can DO THIS !
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:06 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Hang in there everyone - A little planning for tomorrow will go a long way. Figure out your biggest weakness and substitute. You will be surprised how good you feel if you take off the top half of the bun, or substitute a 4" ww pita. Substitute a veggie burger for the real thing. Bring a big salad with you if you are going to someone's house. Even if not many other people eat it, you can fill your plate and not feel deprived.

We're not doing anything special tomorrow, so we decided to make our own healthy BBQ. I'm marinating a london broil in a dry rub tonight and we are going to cook it over hickory chips tomorrow. I found a recipe for a yummy-looking red potato salad and cucumber salad so I will have that for dinner. I am foregoing the alcohol because we will drive to watch fireworks.

Saturday is DD's 15th birthday party. We rented a pavillion at the beach and are doing hamburgers and hot dogs and chips for all the kids. I am bringing my veggie burgers and a salad for me and DD and I decided to do fruit kebabs instead of a fruit platter. We're threading watermelon, canteloupe, pineapple, strawberries and apple slices onto skewers. I thought that would be something cool for the kids to grab and go since they'll be running around anyway. And if I munch on a few of them w/my veggie burgers, I think I can get 2 for 1 fruit.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:15 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 300.4/233/175

Height: 5'8"

Hey Everybody!!! No bad news to report today...no good news, either. Just doing my thing today. Yesterday went well. My WI was up 1 lb just like I expected...so, I don't feel bad. Also, one of the counselors also reminded that for two weeks now I have consistently been working out 4-5 days a week, which could mean some muscles are vamping up. That's a good thing...I have been noticing changes in my clothes and my physical appearance, as a whole.
On another note, I finally received my new plan. There is NO way I will be able to eat all of my foods...no way. I tried yesterday while piggin' out at Capital Grille and still missed a starch and a fruit. Before I work out in the mornings(6AM or so), I try to eat like a 1/2 F or 1/2 P...after that, I am not hungry until about 10 or so...I have to eat my my heavy starches and proteins before 1 or 2 in the afternoon, if not, I stall...even worse, gain. With this new plan, the P servings are smaller but the other stuff is about the same or even larger...for example, D for the whole day could potentially be 24 ozs of yogurt(8ozs yougurt now = 1 D). Oh well, I could go on and on...but my COD says if I stick with the plan for at least a week, I should see a loss. We will see...remember my avg weight loss is 1.15 lb p/wk...
Here it is lunch time and I am not even hungry. Here is what I have left for the day as I have already FORCED(never thought I would say that) myself to eat to stay on plan...2 1/2P, 4V, 2F, 3S, 2 D, 2 Fats, 1 Lite. I know I shouldn't be complaining about having to eat, but this is a weight loss forum...so that's my whine for the day. Maybe, I'll go eat some cheese with it...hey that's another dairy I can use up. SMILE.
You guys have a great day! I am trying to decrease my time on line because when I post here, I post on other forums and neglect some of my housewife duites...like standing in front of washer almost 2 or 3 hours a day, sweeping, mopping, etc....OH JOY!!! Take care and have a POP day!!!
ElleofALady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:33 PM   #72  
Started June 1st '07

S/C/G: 205/165

Height: 5'6"

Angie- My cousin recommended a few good things that I think transfer over to LAWL so I'll tell you that stuff.
**Eat breakfast within 1 hr of waking up (he provided some stats & reasoning on that)
**After you eat, don't eat again for at least 2 hrs
**Don't go longer than 5 hrs between meals/eating
**Wear a pedometer for 2 days to get an average days steps. Try to add another 1000 steps the remaining days of the week and keep it up. The next week add another 1000 - work yourself up to 10,000 per day.

He has me counting carb intake now - will add more when I get more comfortable - and some resistance training.
I can have 3 carb choices per meal, and 1 per snack. Each choice is 15g of carbs. (breads, grains, starchy vegs, fruits, milk & milk products, combination foods, sugars, chips, sweets, etc)
Snowdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:15 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi all,

You all got me thinking about planning what we have tomorrow. This whole just started on maintenance and it being a holiday where I usually cooked bad things, well that could be a bad combination if I don't plan.

Pearl, I joined 3FC in June, I started the diet waaaaay back in September, so it took me a good long while to lose the weight. I wish I had found you all sooner! It would have helped through the dark times of the plateaus. The last 10 pounds I had to practically chisel them one by one off my body, and originally they said I should get down to 148 by March 5, but I finally made it down to 160 in the middle of May, and declared victory. I had been down to 148 on Jenny craig about 15 years ago, but that was a crash diet, and I lost a lot of muscle mass doing that. I figured it out, and I have less fat on me now than I did at that time (I had my body fat measured by a personal trainer then and now have a scale that measures it). Which makes sense since I'm at least as small as I was then... as I saved the clothes... and then finally threw them out (OK most of them) when I saw a TLC channel ad where a guy asks this gal decked out in a power suit where the delorean was parked..... I could relate to that woman. I saved those clothes for 15 years to fit into them again, and part of me wanted to wear them... I'm sure it would amuse my 18 yo DD to no end.

Cassi, 15 was a good year. When can they get their learners permit in Florida? My daughter spent her 15th birthday pouting because she failed the test for her drivers permit (my daughter is the sort who has a hissy fit over a single B in high school). I took my daughter and a friend of hers all the way down to Palm Springs and let them drive that year (18 hours of driving each way) to visit my dad. That was the least relaxing vacation I ever took.

I like the fruit kabob idea and the veggie burgers... I did buy some corn on the cob, since on the maintenance plan it was one starch and I haven't had corn on the cob in at least 10 months. I like to grill them also...

Liza, I have a siamese cat that is such a character. How do your cats get along. My cat is pretty much the devoted slave of our dog, but the dog is just about on his last legs and I just don't know what Samurai will do when he is alone in the house all day. He is kind of inventive about getting into things already. He is a straw freak, and if you leave a soda with a straw in it out in the house, it is going down with the cat running like a banshee with it... We had the carpets cleaned (well with all the spilled soda it was needed) and there was about 15 straws under one of the sofas where he had saved his prizes. Anyway, I wonder about getting another kitty for him... Do your cats hang out together?

Kim, I never drank the asparagus water! They just told me that at the COD... Some of the advice I've gotten has been rather interesting! The closest I've come is to make homemade soup with lots of asparagus in it, which was pretty good (low sodium broth of course).

Norissa and LeeAnn and Heather Not only do I know you can do this, I see that you ARE doing it! Don't count your failures, count your successes. Every time you get back on track, it gets to be easier. In the long run your success hinges on learning how to get back on track after life throws something at you. So you are just learning how to manage this for the rest of your life! Since I made the commitment to myself not just for my weight loss weeks, but for the rest of my life.

Anyway, sorry for rambling...

I do think planning for a holiday makes all the difference... I planned thanksgiving and Christmas and did wonderfully, didn't plan Easter much, and had a diet meltdown... so planning is key, since if you have it set in your mind what you are going to have, you don't have to decide in front of the food.. since when I decide in front of the food, the food talks me into eating it. I suppose I'm the food whisperer, since I can hear it talking! Donuts tend to shout at me... LOL

Have POP day and a fun holiday...
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:28 PM   #74  
Katy66

Height: 5'6"

So what is everyone planning to have tomorrow? It might give me some menu ideas to stay on plan
Katy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 01:30 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Barbara - If you like to grill corn, check out the fish recipe I posted. The corn relish is really good!

And in FL they can get their permit at 15. DD took the 4 hour drug and alcohol course first and is studying to take the permit test. Then they have to have their permit for one year before getting the license.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote