Old 07-05-2007, 10:28 AM   #151  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Hi all....sounds like everyone had a good 4th of July.....It has been raining here for DAYS so we couldn't do our cookout party as we usually do. We did have a small break in the rain so DH and I found a golf course in another town that wasn't flooded, we made it to the 14th hole before the rain started again. We fininished the last 4 holes but we where soaked and the only people left on the course...ha...ha. Then we went back home and went to oldest DD's house for a while, cooked, ate and painted some things for the new baby's room. We got back home and I worked on DSIL's (dear son-in-law) uniforms. He's a fire fighter and needed his EMT patches replaced on a couple of his shirts. The rest of the kids went to their friends houses for fireworks after oldest DD's house so DH and I had a nice and quiet house for a couple of hours.

Nicole- sorry about DS....glad you all made the trip safely.

Tina- glad DD is better - sorry about her experience....

Lettie-stupid computers....ugh....

Felicia- its an exciting time for you-dont' fret too much about selling the other house, I'm sure it will sell quickly - love the TUTU idea

Dan-glad you made it back safe and sound...great clip

Jillian-great new avatar

Heather-sorry your feeling poorly-I hate sinus infections!

Lea Ann- How are your parents?--it's been reaining here for Days....I hope they are still dry.

Joni-sounds like a good day even if your weren't POP. Lots of exercising probably made up for it!

Britt, Amy, Angie, Norissa, Karen, Liza, Allannah, Katie, BoosMom, Barbara, Katy, and Leticia
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:44 AM   #152  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Oh my goodness, Lettie...you did have an emotional rollercoaster kinda day. I was pretty excited when you said you had a goat because DH and I have been considering getting one for my DD...but how sad.

As far as the big prizes at goal...like you said "If that doesn't motivate you, nothing will"...now it can be a challenge for everyone here to keep you POP!!!
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:48 AM   #153  

Katie - DD wasn't afraid to go to school today at all. She knows that the little boy won't be allowed to play with her anymore. We did teach her something that maybe we shouldn't have (it may backfire on us one day). DH and I said that if someone at school tries to hurt her, she should push him away and yell "MOLLY..." (that's her teacher), and run away. She has a tendency to not want to stick up for herself because she knows that it's bad to hurt someone else. I don't want her to just stand there and take it, either. Just as long as she understands that it's not normally okay to push, we'll be fine.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:50 AM   #154  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Morning Everyone
I haven't been posting this week as I've been looking for the ring!!! It is nowhere to be found so today I'm going to clean the house (translated tear apart absolutely everything in my path). Thanks for the good vibes and I've even sent a few special requests to St. Anthony thanks to Angie and some others.
Glad you all had a good 1st and 4th of July. I am going hardcore on my plan this week to get back to my regular meal planning, cooking etc after the British Invasion and the tendency to start enjoying my cocktails, nibbles etc a bit too often on weekends and after the kids go to bed. So have been doing a bit of a 5 day cleanse, taking my vitamins, drinking my water and getting myself back on track.. these dang holidays take a toll on the waistline.
There were pages and pages of posts but Katie go for the pool, Cassi I hope back is okay, Angie be proud mommy, Lettie happy about reunion and sad about goat, jillian still think of you with every sip of java and you are looking great, Dan.. awestruck to see you live you superstar you!, Joni you must be the only person I know that did a 5k while the rest of us were indulging, Nicole hope DS is okay, Tina sorry DD got sick and bullied and Alannah sorry about Chancey, Leticia hope all is good with you!

To the rest of you I hope you are all going well. It's great to see some of you back and checking in. Fireworks are over and it's time for us all to get back on plan!!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 10:59 AM   #155  

I almost forgot...Lettie - brag away, I would!!!
Old 07-05-2007, 11:02 AM   #156  
LAWL Salt Police

Hi Kristen... Sorry you're still having to turn the place upside down, hunting for your ring... Liz went through something similar recently with an earring I gave her last year..

She wore them on her trip to California. On their way home, she had taken them off and thought she had put them in a suitcase.. When they got home, she couldn't find one of them.. She tore the place apart trying to find it, but to no avail... Eventually, she gave it up as lost (which didn't make me happy, as they were pretty expensive, but I digress)...

Long story longer, I found the earring on Monday night.. Right where she thought she had lost it in the first place - her suitcase..

So the moral of the story is to take a step back for a while and don't obsess about finding it. Then, in a week or so, take a look around, especially in the area where you think you lost it... Often times, the best hiding place is right there under your nose...

I know that sounds pretty lame, but you never know.. It might work...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:19 AM   #157  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Dan.. you rock!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:20 AM   #158  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

Good Morning,

hope you all survived the 4th of July parties. Its another smokin hot day here today, but it is welcomed because we have had so much cool weather and rain all thru June.

Congrats Joni on you wogging success ..... you said you were shutting your computer down to stay away - don't stay away to long - we will miss you!

Angie - be a proud mamma!

Lettie - how exciting for you about dh and dd - so sorry about the goat.

Katie - I don't experience migraines, but my sister in law has them really bad. Steer away from coffee, chocolate - anything with caffeinne. Stay in a dark place - the light can trigger them. The bracelet idea helps a bit. I wear a magnetic bracelet for my arm. My sil gets them so bad, she often has to go to emergency for a shot. Hope yours don't get that bad!

Tina, glad to hear your dd is feeling better, she sounds like a very well mannered little girl. When my ds was little he wouldn't stick up for himself either - his older brother would pick on him and fight over toys etc. Finally the little one had enough - he was actually as big as older brother who was 3 years older - and he pushed him back and that was the end of the problem.

Felicia - your photo parties sound just to cute - I so wished you lived around here. I would definetly hire you to get some pictures of my gran babies.

Kristen - still sending you good vibes to find that ring. It will probably turn up somewhere you least expect it, when you aren't even looking for it. Glad to see you are doing okay - look forward to you joining the group on regular basis again.

Hello's to Carrie, Katie, Lee Ann, Sarah, Jill, Pearl, Liza, Dan and Liz, Kim and Kim, and everyone else.

As for me today, I have a dentist appt this aft - nasty filling breaking out - I hate that ..... dentists are my biggest fear ! Other than that I need to go bra shopping ..... mine are all getting to big if you can imagine. The girlfriends want to fall out while swinging a golf club.... can't have that. After that, I plan to relax in my back yard with a good book that I just started. I just found these books by Jodi Picoult - anyone ever read her books? I am on the third one in a month, and I just can't put them down.

Will check in later .....
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:38 AM   #159  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

I have a quick question -- I am out of bars today, and not able to run right now, what should I add to my food today ? I am on the Gold Plan -- I am actually going back and forth about trying an all food plan anyway -- but I think I would miss my "sweets" for the day ugh - I am just so indecisive
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:51 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Norissa - If you didn't do bars they would move you to purple, which is an extra veggie and 2oz more protein for each serving. Not much more...
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:58 AM   #161  
Norissa on LAWL

Height: 5'3

Thanks Cassi !!!
Mom_of_3_Monsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:27 PM   #162  
LAWL Salt Police

Not sure if this is an options, but at my COD, they once told me that if I find myself out of bars, to either eat additional green veggies (cut up a cucumber for a snack) or eat an orange when I'd normally eat a bar.. Low in calories, and satisfies the "sweet" urge at snack time.

Those options don't fill the protein void left when you don't have bars to eat, but they're better than a trip to the vending machine!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 02:40 PM   #163  
FBD/8-18-08

Lettie, I can't imagine the horror for your babies! That is the pits! Of course you had me on an emotional rollercoaster with your post about parking and the big truck and the "that jerk is not going to fit in there"... I was expecting the see the word "crash", side swiped, or something... so when I saw the outcome, I literally did an audible "WHEW!"

Katie - I say get the pool. My best friend (that just moved far away) bought one for her girls and it lasted two seasons and they packed it and took it with them to the new place. Like Cassi said, make sure you do it level!

Tina - you reminded me of my first grade "bully" - a boy that liked to pull my hair and run up behind me on the playground and grab me around the neck. My older brother told me to let him grab my neck, grab hold of his arm, bend over really quickly, and see what happens. Well, I did it and that little boy went FLYING over my head onto his back! OMG! I was sure the teacher was gonna get me because he was crying like I had really hurt him. She walked over and told him to get up and get over it because your reap what you sew and he deserved what he got after picking on me for so long. I've never had to deal with a bully since, but I'll never forget that!

KrispieD - I agree with Dan, sometimes you just have to take a step back. I hope you find it soon!

Karen - best wished at the Dentist! I had terrible experiences as a child and now suffer from terrible fears of the dentist!

Well, I've got veggies and protein portioned out for the week and protein in the freezer for next week. My cole slaw was good but the cabbage was bitter, nothing you can do about that! We decided at the last moment to do a batch of spicy turkey burgers on the grill with the chicken we had smoked. Turned out okay, but dh is afraid to use the spices like I do, so they were really bland... gotta luv him for trying!
Gotta go get ready for work. I'll check in later tonight.
Blessings,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:12 PM   #164  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Happy Thursday aka Monday number 2!

Hope everyone in the US had a great holiday. I went over on my starches and fats a lil but still showed a 1lb loss today, enough to win the $10 credit! So that made me happy.
I'm sorry I'm in a bit of a rush today and haven't been able to fully read everyone's posts...
but Lettie- I'm so sorry that what should have been such a joyous day turned into tragedy. I know your family wanted to be home for you, but it seems like something more was pulling them home. Finding that sight by yourself probably would have been worse. I'm glad your dh was home. I'm so sorry for your loss I can't imagine.

I've gotta run now but hope everyone is feeling great and living POP!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:41 PM   #165  
Felicia

S/C/G: 323/TBA/145

Height: 5'6"

Whew! 3 1/2 hours in my classroom and I'm about 2/3 of the way finished! I was all alone at school, so there were no distractions! I had to giggle to myself about the fact that this year, I'll be the kind of teacher I usually think dark thoughts about! Every other year, when I finally DRAG myself to school to work on my classroom before school starts, there are always 3 or 4 teachers who have already done EVERYTHING. Their rooms are perfect and they even have everything run off already! I always congratulate them sweetly and then think mean things about them when I turn to trudge back to my classroom!! This year, the other teacher will think mean things about me!!

Off to DS's swim lesson! It's his first time for private lessons. I hope all goes well since he has his heart set on trying out for the city swim team!
bayoubelle68 is offline   Reply With Quote