Old 06-27-2007, 12:07 PM   #136  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Nicole - sorry your friend tempted you with the donuts! Surely someone as clever as you can come up with some sort of 'payback!'...I personally don't have much willpower at all, so I can see caving in for donuts. DH has a new routine of getting up on the weekends and going to get Einstein bagels. I was joining him and then realized his bagel addiction did not have to become my bagel addiction and since I can't walk into the place without having a bagel, I just quit going. So much for "together" time.

Aguerin - just hang around here....we'll keep you honest (or at the very least, entertained!).

Val - I'll have to get someone to check out the flat stats. I just got very disappointing news on my low carb, high fiber, protein, pita things, so I'm not as excited about my flat wraps as I was earlier today.

Tina - actually, this is chemo treatment 12 of 16 for Charlie dog. He's in remission. Thank God. Canines don't stay in remission forever and a second course of chemo is not recommended (they become immune to the drugs). I'm hoping he gets 4+ years more (that's the high end of their stats), but I'm happy for every single day with him.

Cassi - Dang those steroids...but, you know this will drop. I was just doing the math and hope TOQ doesn't affect your Dec 19 Chicks Challenge weigh in...just a thought to ponder!!

Gotta go eat my potentially illegal flat wrap sandwich....later.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:09 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Joni - NOTHING will keep me from that final WI! TOQ be damned!!!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:15 PM   #138  
-- Karen --

S/C/G: 165/143/140

Height: 5' 6"

Good Morning ....

Hope everyone is doing well. I have been so busy the last couple days I have had very little time to spend on here ..... and I miss it. I laughed at I think it was Tina's post yesterday - this is my day - I log in, read the new posts, get a coffee, read some more etc...... that sounds like my day as well.

Anyway, not a lot of time today, so just a few quick comments

Katie - so sorry for your loss.

Jill - your kids are just to darn cute.

Joni - hoping all goes well with your furbaby.

Nicole - that was a mean and nasty thing that your "friend" did to you. Perhaps she is jealous of the success that you have had? Now brush those donut crumbs and sugar off your face and get back on the wagon. Story about your boys is to cute.

Nicole's story about the kids reminds me of something that my not quite 3 y/o granddaughter did ..... one day her and I were shopping. We were heading to another store and I could see her sitting in the car seat getting sleepy. I told her that when we got to the store I would get a shopping cart and that she could ride in it, then she wouldn't be so tired...... she replied to me ...... duh Gramma ...... big girl now...... big girls don't ride in shopping carts. OK then. Kids come out with the cutest things sometimes.

OK - I am finished my smoothie, and now I really need to get my behind in gear and finish cleaning my house. The vacuum cleaner is calling my name and so is the laundry - so I gotta go.

Big hello's to everyone ------ to many to mention everyone's name .... but if you are reading - I am saying hello to you and wishing you well.

Be back later.
slim n trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:27 PM   #139  
LAWL Salt Police

Morning all.

Wendy, welcome back! Your success at Disney gives me hope that Liz and I can make it through, when we go there next year. I'll bet all the walking had something to do with it!

Katie.. glad you're feeling better..

Jillian - Fantastic pictures.. The face is one of the first places we notice a loss and it's an amazing feeling.

As for me, there's good and bad.. Got on the scale this morning and I'm back down to 206. YAY!!

The bad news is that I spent last night in the ER.. I went to bed last night with back pain.. It got to the point that I couldn't get comfortable and the pain grew immensly. I thought I might have a kidney stone or something.

Turns out I have a severe strain, mostly likely from last night's workout.. We did a lot of back work and I guess I did too much. Long story short, I'm at home this morning feeling the last effects of the shot I got for pain. It's not bad now, which is a good thing, but I've got a busy day planned, so I'm hoping it won't get in the way.

Anyway.. Have a POP day, all!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:39 PM   #140  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Morning everybody

Jillian- Wow, huge difference in your face! You are doing awesome!!

Nicole- Bad Bad friend! Good for you on becoming even more determined. Someone brought donuts to work yesterday. I almost caved and ate one, there were 3 left and I threw them away. I am so evil, I know.

aguerin- Welcome!! I think Cassi just about summed it up!

Wendy- You are superwoman for going to Disney and not gaining. You probably logged about 100 miles walking too huh?

Amylou- WTG on losing a pound while on vacation! That is awesome.

Letisha- I hope day 1 of TO went OK and just think, Day 2 is almost 1/2 over.

Dan- Bummer about the back pain. Hopefully it's nothing too serious and doesn't slow you down much. Take it easy.

I got a frozen meal that I think will become a once a week treat for me. Yummy and so filling. It's the ZONE spinach & mushroom omelet. It falls into most of the guidelines set in the book. It is 20 cals higher and just a tad higher in fat, but it's loaded with spinach and I am counting as a PSV. The eggs and veggies are wrapped in a tortilla so I just tore off the bottom 1/2 of the tortilla and gave it to the dogs, so that should have cut out the cals and the extra fat.

So, after my binge I have been good. See above about the donuts. I still feel bloaty but I think that is from TOM, which has still not knocked on the door.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 12:41 PM   #141  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Ah, yes, I am sorry I didn't mention it earlier........Wendy.....you are a rock star for not gaining at Disney
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 01:53 PM   #142  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Oh Dan - back pain is the worst!! I hope it's nothing too serious and the pain goes away real soon...
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:02 PM   #143  

Ha, Katie...I just found your sister's pic in the recipe threads...yoga_gurl...how funny
Old 06-27-2007, 02:13 PM   #144  
Val

Dan - Ouch! Hope it doesn't slow you down too much.

MMMM, donuts. I have been craving a donut so bad lately. Just the other day when I was at COD the counsellor asked me if there was anything I had been wanting that I couldn't have and I immediately said "donuts". She asked if I had had the biscotti, I said I had and it was good, but it wasn't a donut. So she asked me if I had tried to cookies, I said I had but they still weren't a donut! She gave up at that point. MMMM donut - warm, soft, cream filled donuts. Sigh.
Jrny2aNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:17 PM   #145  
Post-Master

Just for the record, Val............the first bite was divine..........after that, it was just heavy and kind of yucky........yet I ate it anyway I guess that's why thin people are thin..............they stop eating if it starts to get icky.......
Old 06-27-2007, 02:20 PM   #146  

I like that rule...Stop eating if it starts to get icky...lol
Old 06-27-2007, 02:21 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Good day! Thank you again for submitting your recipe. Below you will find our LA Chef modifications:

Recipe Name: Cinnamon Doughnut Muffins

Ingredients:

1/3 cup butter or vegetable shortening
½ cup sugar
½ cup Splenda
1 egg
1 ½ cups flour
1 ½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp nutmeg
½ cup 1% milk

Topping
1/4 cup light butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup Splenda
1 tsp cinnamon

Preparation:

Cream together butter, sugar, and Splenda. Add egg and mix well.
In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg. Add alternately with milk to the sugar mixture. Fill muffin tins about 2/3 full. Bake at 250 degrees for 20 minutes.
Melt butter in a shallow dish. In another dish, combine sugar, Splenda, and cinnamon. Remove muffins from pan, then roll in melted butter and then cinnamon-sugar.

Makes: 24 muffins

Serving size: 1 muffin

LA Exchange: 1 Starch
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 02:22 PM   #148  
Post-Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmom View Post
I like that rule...Stop eating if it starts to get icky...lol
Tina, we really ought to make a book or rules to live by............LOL.

Cassi........girl, you are on the ball today. I love it
Old 06-27-2007, 02:29 PM   #149  
Post-Master

Where is Liza today???
Old 06-27-2007, 02:41 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Dan,

I've done that a couple of times, thrown out my back when I went into the no pain no gain mode of weight lifting. I just have to take it slowly or I pay the price.

Tina, Your egg is almost to the smiley face and you are almost to your 4th of July goal! You are doing so good! And apparently even working today!

Wendy, not gaining at Disney is so awesome. Stabilization seems to agree with you.

Joni, I am always amazed after I type and go back and read it what actually ended up there. I hope your dog is doing better. My Jojo (sharpei) is also one to make the vets rich. At least he is off the medication that was costing me 120$ for 15 pills, which he just got clever about spitting them out when I wasn't looking (figuring out if a Shar Pei has a pill hidden in his loose lips is not so easy)

Nicole, 2 dozen donuts? That is just crazy, although I've had crazy moments in Costco where it didn't look like that much. I once bought 2500 straws, and it only took 15 years to use all of those up! I guess she was just having fun ordering donuts and not trying to sabotage you, but then again some friends do not react well to someone losing weight. Like it is breaking the pact of fatness or something. I don't recall signing up for being always a fatty! did your daughter clean her room, or have you had to resort to the garbage bag. I'm still considering the ultimatum. Although I think I should threaten that her DAD would go in there, since she is always more afraid of him than me.

to everyone else, hope your day is POP
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote