Abs Diet for Women

• Does anyone have any meal examples/ recipes from the Abs Diet for Women? I'm just curious because I don't really want to buy the book unless there is something new to learn from it. I already eat smaller, more frequent meals, I eat a lot of "superfoods", I eat mostly "clean" whole foods as well.

I would really appreciate if someone had a few examples to share with me

TIA
  • I just wanted to let you know that I saw your question and I'm on my way to work right now so I can't post anything . . . but if nobody answers your question I'll give you some examples tomorrow before I go to work (I'm working until 6 AM so it will be tomorrow afternoon). In the meantime, think LOTS of smoothies.
  • Day One:
    Breakfast: "Change Your Tuna"
    (Tuna and scrambled eggs . . . which seems totally gross to me!)
    Snack: 8 oz berry smoothie (recipe included in book)
    Lunch: "Crunch Time"; 1 stick string cheese
    (Basically a big turkey salad with pecans, blue cheese, and dried cranberries)
    Snack: Cucumber tubes
    (cucumber filled with cottage cheese)
    Dinner: "Gone Fishing"
    (trout with green beans)
    Snack: Low-fat ice cream sandwich

The plan isn't a calorie counting plan, but calorie counts for all the sample days are between 1,400 and 1,500. Extra recipes are included in the book so that if you don't like the sound of something (say, tuna and eggs), you can prepare something else (like an egg sandwich). After a couple weeks of diet plans based on the recipes, he's got a week or so of other suggestions that don't include the recipes and are based more on "real life food." For me personally the diet was a bit too smoothie-heavy (you'd be having at least one smoothie a day). Some people are really filled up by them, but I've found that I need to chew food to be satisfied. For one meal a week you eat whatever you want.

The basic plan of the diet is very good--eat more superfoods (really commonsense stuff--berries, oatmeal, lowfat dairy) and less not good stuff and supplement it with plenty of exercise (but not an unreasonable amount). Rather than giving big lists of foods to avoid (although he does recommend avoiding certain foods--again commonsense stuff), he recommends that you focus on the foods that you should be eating more of. Let me know if you have any more questions. I just read the book so I remember it pretty well.