3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Anyone going to try My Alli (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/115190-anyone-going-try-my-alli.html)

curlmama 06-14-2007 08:42 AM

Anyone going to try My Alli

Is anyone going to try My Alli it is due out tomorrow. It is a reduced dose of xenical (60mg as opposed to 120mg).

Snowdogs 06-14-2007 08:50 AM

I read a lot about it. I don't think it would do much good on this diet though as it's such a low fat diet. But what do I know? :-)
So is anyone going to try it?

Speaking of this - there was a supplement tab on the news today - you eat it and for 30 min. afterwards you cannot taste anything sweet. They said it does work - they showed 2 women at a ice cream shop - gave each one a tablet and 30 seconds later had them try their ice cream - NO taste !

6digmans 06-14-2007 09:06 AM

oh my gosh that would be really funny to experience!

Repo girl 06-14-2007 09:09 AM

How weird. I need something to block out salty though, that is my true nemesis.

So, what is the perk of the reduced dose of xenical? I tried xenical a few years ago. As long as I did not eat fat, I was fine. If I did, my tummy hurt so much it was horrible. Also, TMI, I know, but those commercial disclaimers about explosive diareahh (sp?) and gas with oily discharge are all very true.

6digmans 06-14-2007 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repo girl (Post 1732775)

So, what is the perk of the reduced dose of xenical? I tried xenical a few years ago. As long as I did not eat fat, I was fine. If I did, my tummy hurt so much it was horrible. Also, TMI, I know, but those commercial disclaimers about explosive diareahh (sp?) and gas with oily discharge are all very true.

I know what you mean I tried it many moons ago and it was GROSS!!! I lasted a couple weeks on that and quit. I had enough of the oily discharge and that.

I think on this plan it would be a waste of money , we basiclly eay right.

JerseyMadchen 06-14-2007 09:29 AM

WOW. I am so glad someone said something. I was curious about it and picked up a pamphlet at the grocery store. I'd rather take the weight loss at my pace than have explosive diarhea and oily dischrage... that's God-awful!

emmysmom 06-14-2007 10:04 AM

Eeeewwww...thanks for the info. I've been seeing it advertised everywhere and was wondering about it myself.

Mom_of_3_Monsters 06-14-2007 10:09 AM

Quote:

ummm - no thank you :barf:

Dan2112 06-14-2007 10:15 AM

Quote:

Oh man.. Imagine the fun I could have, crushing up some of the pills and slipping them into people's coffee cups around here at the office!!!

BigNurse 06-14-2007 10:27 AM

Forget it!

I tried it via Rx from my MD....
No thanks! I couldn't deal with the "leaks" ...ruined many a pair of underwear/pants. :devil:
Even while watching my fat intake.

smjezzy 06-14-2007 10:39 AM

ok, well then, I'll be crossing THIS off my things to check into!

BigNurse 06-14-2007 10:43 AM

If anyone tries this, please know that you will lose your fat soluble vitamins; so it is important to supplement these while on this medication

Mom_of_3_Monsters 06-14-2007 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan2112 (Post 1732895)
Oh man.. Imagine the fun I could have, crushing up some of the pills and slipping them into people's coffee cups around here at the office!!!

ummm Dan - I am glad I don't work in your office -- ;) :D

JLem311 06-14-2007 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan2112 (Post 1732895)

dan! that's exactly what i was thinking! there's a few people that i work with that i'd love to do that to! and since i work at starbucks, it'd be easy to slip it into another co-worker's drink. ha. :) hmmmm...maybe, that'll be something to keep in the back of my mind if this certain *beep* doesn't stop being so childish and immature! hehehe.:devil:

hollyak24 06-14-2007 12:21 PM

This is a quote from the Jenny Craig Newsletter:

"The addition of alli to a 1200 calorie/25% fat calorie menu may result in an additional net loss in caloric absorption of only 75 calories per day, or 0.15 pounds weight loss per week . "

I don't know what the fat calorie percentage is for LAWL, but if it's anywhere near this, it doesn't seem that it may do much good. Disclaimer: I did not notice a source for this particular piece of info.

Good luck all!
Holly