Old 02-29-2008, 06:49 PM   #1  
DETERMINED

Default Why is this happening??

Hi guys,
ive lost almost a stone now on my diet and people have really noticed the difference which is great. However im becoming either a bit worried or confused about one thing which is going on.

My diet, has not been the most healthy as in its low calorie, but its been tried and tested by me and i can live with it and it makes me feel good and lose weight. I've been eating around 1000 calories a day sometimes a bit over sometimes a bit less. But whenever i eat either an unhealthy meal or a lot in one time, my body rejects it. As in lots of loo trips. Its very strange, is it just because my body now isnt used to having more food than 1000 calories?

Please reply
01determined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 06:56 PM   #2  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

I think so. Your body gets used to what you do to it.
For example if you normally drink 3 cans of Mt Dew a day, it doesn't really effect you. But if I drank 3 cans of Mt Dew today (after not having any caffeine for several weeks) I would be bouncing off the wall and laughing like I was crazy.
I did the same thing you mentioned with food. After staying on a pretty strict diet of mostly fruits and veggies and good stuff for a few weeks, I went out to dinner. My stomach was really not happy with me! But it was nowhere near the amount of food that I used to eat and be fine with. It's weird how our bodies change and adjust, isn't it?
Beth

Last edited by bethbeth; 02-29-2008 at 06:57 PM.
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 04:11 AM   #3  
DETERMINED

yes, i suppose in a way its a good sign that my body cannot no longer cope with large amounts of food it means having that meal out won't effect me too much! After i posted that last night, i thought back to watching a program on TV and i realised that when the woman went off her diet and ate something like a piece of bread she said she was running to the loo and generally feeling rubbish. It is very interesting how a body seems to have a mind of its own.
Sophie
01determined is offline   Reply With Quote