Old 05-31-2007, 02:29 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 177/170/157

Height: 5'11''

Default Colors of LAWL

Are the colors of you designed plan associated with how much weight you need to loose? I am on the gold plan, and am kinda bummed that I only get 2 starches a day. But, I am loosing!
iluvpugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:45 PM   #2  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Yep--sorry--I would love more starches too--unfortunately my love for starches is why I am here! At most you would go to 3 starches if they moved you to Blue (say you were excercising 5+ hours a week or had a crazy schedule like Cassi). I started at 188 on Gold and it seems everyone goes on Gold in the 180-190 range depending. I will stay on Gold forever--unless I start exercising, then I could probably go to Blue--it's just an extra starch and half protein.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:52 PM   #3  

Thanks - hopefully when I get to stabilization or maintenance I will get my carbs back! (in moderation of course)
Old 05-31-2007, 02:54 PM   #4  
PUGMOM

S/C/G: 168/168/125

Height: 5'3 1/2

I Agree I am on gold too and my dream diet would be an all "starch" diet!!!!
Heck i'd be the thiness person in the world!!!!!!haha But im surviving. I think at my next weighin i hope to be below 160 for the first time in years!!!
TERZALPAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:59 PM   #5  
on LAWL

I'm pretty jazzed about finding the Nature's Own Double Fiber bread--isn't that the one where we can have TWO slices as 1 starch??--that's sounds heavenly to me
Old 05-31-2007, 03:03 PM   #6  
LAWL Salt Police

Yeah... It depends on who you ask.. The on-line dietician from LAWL says it's ok to have two slices count as 1 starch, but at our old COD, the counselors were dead set against it.. I even had them call their dietician who backed them up...

Of course, now that we don't have a COD, we're, ahem, "free to live"... And for me that means the double fiber bread and 100 calorie english muffins count as 1S...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:07 PM   #7  

ok, I am going to look for that bread - an open faced sandwich is just not the same!
Old 05-31-2007, 03:07 PM   #8  
on LAWL

just the thought of a scrambled egg sandwich really makes me happy--now I just have to find the bread. I found the Nature's Own, just not the double fiber. Is it the increase in fiber that makes it more ok?
Old 05-31-2007, 03:33 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Lea Ann - I think Barb (maybe?) or someone awhile ago asked about the Sara Lee brand (delightfull, I think?) and were told that one was OK too. I think it's the fiber thing because the alternative bagels w/7g fiber count as one starch too.

Pug girls (sorry, I don't know your names yet!) - You will be very surprised that once you give the program a few weeks your carb cravings will diminish. I started on red with three starches and about flipped. I was surprised to see how easy it was to get used to a new way of eating. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE blue, but even still I find that I forget I get a third starch sometimes.

Dan - No wonder your COD went out of business. They didn't know what they were talking about. I'll bet they didn't really call the dietician...
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:06 PM   #10  
on LAWL

Cassi--no way! We can have 2 slices of Sara Lee Delightful for 1 starch??!!? Please say it's so!
Old 05-31-2007, 07:45 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Lea Ann - Do a search for it because I know someone posted about that. It's what prompted me to ask about the Nature's Own.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:00 PM   #12  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

I am a fully recovering starch addict. Before LAWL I would start every morning with a bagel or a muffin. I would then have the pasta with lunch, munch on jelly beans all afternoon, then have a potato with dinner. If I was still hungry after dinner it would be a bag of potato chips. I rarely ate any protein or vegetables.

Fortunately, I've always been a work-out junkie so I basically was able to keep my body in somewhat check. Unfortunately with all those grams of starch and sugar I needed 32 ounce cup of coffee to wake up, 3 shots of espresso mid-day, a 32 oz Diet Pepsi with lunch, then would be collapsed for the night by 8 pm most nights. By far I was a wreck waiting to happen.

I actually find that besides my daily LA Biscotti fix, I could go totally without any starch servings and be perfectly fine. Your body totally adjusts to the protein and veggie combos, plus you're energy jumps through the roof when it's processing the right combination of foods. I've actually been able to double my work-outs and while I didn't drop the amount of pounds I wanted, I converted so much flab to muscle that the scale doesn't matter anymore.

I've totally given up bread, to me one slice is never worth it. What I do go for are 100 Calorie English Muffins, Pita's, and the Low-Fat Waffles. One Special-K waffle is just the right size to hold the Peanut Butter and the Jelly.

You're stomache and taste buds adjust to less carbs. The fact that I basically quit my caffiene and sugar habit says that all. Yes I'm still collapsing by 8pm most nights, but come on I get up at 3:45 am, that's to be expected.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:17 PM   #13  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

I just wanted to say....I adore Cassie!!!! What would we do without her on this board???????

I try all of Cassie's carb tricks...the La Tortilla factory tortilla's Alternative Bagels, 100 Calorie English Muffins! It really helps and allows me the ability to stay on track.
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:45 PM   #14  
on LAWL

Ditto Debbie--but I'm still bummed that I can't get the Alternative Bagels here
Old 05-31-2007, 09:53 PM   #15  
That's me on the left

S/C/G: 295/221.5/195

I'm still on Red 1...So I'm still in 4 starch land!!! But I was looking at the upcoming books to see what I have to "look forward" to and saw that all of the good stuff gets taken away little by little! Less starches ...less fruits... I'm NOT looking forward to that!
mgresso is offline   Reply With Quote