Doing Slim 4 Life - looking for buddy

You're on Page 8 of 15
Go to
  • go to baratricchoice.com
    Quote: Hey Everyone! I have been on slim4life for 9 weeks and have lost a little over 25lbs! I'm 50lbs from my goal! Does anyone know of any good carb blockers that are cheaper than from the center?
    you can go to bariatricchoice.com you can get carb blockers and other pills much cheaper and they are the same ingredients.
  • Quote: I am starting Monday on Slim 4 life along with my husband. He doesn't have that much to loose as I do. I would love to have someone I can talk to and help support during this journey. I have tried so many different diets and never have been successful. My problem is I love potatoes, pasta and bread and i am an emotional eater. I am hoping that this diet is the one for me and will help me finally. Any help or support I can get would be great. Thanks
    Hey there, I just started my 3 day prep today. Would love to chat sometime. I love all the same foods, so I know this is going to be killer for me to try and get through. Feel free to give me a shout anytime, would love to talk more!
  • Quote: I am starting Monday on Slim 4 life along with my husband. He doesn't have that much to loose as I do. I would love to have someone I can talk to and help support during this journey. I have tried so many different diets and never have been successful. My problem is I love potatoes, pasta and bread and i am an emotional eater. I am hoping that this diet is the one for me and will help me finally. Any help or support I can get would be great. Thanks
    Hey! I was the same way...I loved pasta, bread & everything that had a lot of carbs in it! I also not only ate emotionally, but when I was bored too. I had tried other diets and I got discouraged when I got to a plateau and didn't know what to do, so I quit...S4L tells you what to do! I have been on S4L since March and I am 10lbs away from my goal. It really hasn't been too difficult for me. My husband isn't on the plan and he eats other food around me all the time! Every time I think about going off plan I realize its just going to make it take longer so I don't cheat. I am ready to be done!

In the past few months I have been around lots of people eating other food plus I keep a candy jar at my desk at work. It seems like being around other food and having the candy jar there has made me stronger because I now know I can say no! Before if someone offered me something most of the time I would say yes...now I can say no!

Hope this helps! Let me know if you need anymore info!
  • I have been on the S4L for 6 weeks and have lost 14 lbs. I am supposed to be able to reach my goal weight in 10 weeks. I don't see that happening, but due to my own fault over the holidays and having a few alcoholic beverages. I am doing the fast/flush to get over the first hurtle and get back on track. If you think the normal amount of water is a lot try losing a fruit and starch and adding 8-16 more ounces of water a day. Luckily the Thermoboost tastes pretty good and helps get that water down faster and after even a day I have lost weight again so it is worth it.

Another website that has the food is mydietshopz.com instead of the 16.00 a box you can get the snacks for around $10.00.

I think this is a great program and I love the 1 on 1 instead of the W.W. group meetings. I have a co-worker doing that program and it is so hard for me to hear that if she loses any weight at all it is only about a pound a week. So I already feel way ahead. My husband is just starting to get interested in the program since he has seen that I have been able to stick with it and is getting ready to give it a try too. I have my fingers crossed and have shown him the posts from the other men that this program isn't just for women.
  • I have a few questions about this plan - after reading a few of the posts, it appears that it's NOT just eating cookies and a lean dinner...there are pills involved. Is this correct?
  • Kstategrad07

I have questions for you and tried to send u a private email but could not...I guess it's because I'm so new. Can you send me one? Thanks! The questions are about your amazing loss with slim4life.

Thanks!
  • Just starting
    Hi!
    So I am just starting the Slim4Life. I am on the 2nd day of the 3 day cleanse. I lost 2.5 lbs the first day. I have decided that raw broccoli is absolutely disgusting! I have to force myself to swallow! I would also like support and people to talk to who are going through this too! My dad did s4l and lost 56 lbs in 13 weeks and has kept it off for a year! I am very excited!!! I am supposed to be at my goal by Memorial Day (hopefully sooner) I am getting married July 4th so that is a huge motivator! Does anyone know if excercise puts a damper on your results? I have read that it does but I hate not working out.
  • Quote: Kstategrad07

I have questions for you and tried to send u a private email but could not...I guess it's because I'm so new. Can you send me one? Thanks! The questions are about your amazing loss with slim4life.

Thanks!
    Hi ilovemydog,

I can't send private messages either...I don't have 10 posts yet. What questions do you have. I would love to help you because it has been so great for me! I just started the second week of stabilization today, and I have lost 72.5lbs. Its so awesome! I have never been thin, and I am wearing pant sizes that I have never been able to fit into!

Let me know what questions you have!
  • I am on my 4th day of the program. I would love to buddy up. My whole family is on the plan and I'm looking for recipes.
  • recipes
    I have a ton of recipes because I bought the cookbook. I would HIGHLY suggest buying the cook book as it has a ton of ideas! I am also on day 4. Today so far I had a piece of toast with I cant believe its not butter, a scrambled egg, an apple, milk. For lunch I had half can of tuna with my tbsp of mayo on toast with a tomato and lettuce and I am having grilled chicken with a salad and an orange. so far so good!
    I lost 6lbs on the 3 day cleanse and hope to keep it up! Where are you from?
  • Hello!

Today is day one of the three day cleanse for me. I would like to hear, share, support with fellow users on S4L to hear their stories.
  • Hi!

Yesterday was the start of my 3rd week on S4L. So far I have lost 8 lbs and a few days in there I gained 1-2 back due to falling off the wagon. I am looking for support here with other S4L members and possibly sharing recipes as I am learning quickly that I can't eat the same stuff day in and day out!
  • Slim 4 life
    This sounds like La Weight loss, you eat by a scheduled meal plan and eat two bars a day . The bars are provided by the center. they cost about $14 per box. If this is the same plan, it works you have to stick to it. In 2003 I went in weighing 238, I left in 30 weeks losing 75 pounds. Since then I have put back on the weight due to pregnancy and life changes. Thinking of going back. Can you tell me how your slim 4 life works, does it sound the same as La Weight loss
  • I joined Slim4Life on Monday the 9th, started the 3 day "detox" on Tuesday and as of Friday have lost 7.4 lbs. I'm thrilled to be past the 3 day diet and on to a combination of fruits, veggies, and proteins! So far, I love this diet. I eat so often that I never feel hungry and I'm fairly disciplined when held accountable so I think I'll do well (especially since it to a bite out of my pocket!). I'd love to hear more recipes others use with the suppliments, etc.
  • Hi everyone!

i was wondering if the supplements were mandsatory and if some people were losing weight without them. I am exclusively breastfeeding my almost 5 months old son and i do not want to take anything that could be harmful to him...

Also i was wondering if you could give me an idea of how much the program cost... I saw an ad for $6/week. Is it accurate?

Also, how much does the grocery food cost? Is it really expansive or affordable?

Thanks