Doing Slim 4 Life - looking for buddy

You're on Page 15 of 15
Go to
  • Day 1
    Hi guys! I'm brand new here and just started the Slim4Life home program today! I loved reading how well it is working for everyone here and hope that I have the same success.
  • Just started in the KC area and would love a buddy!!
    I am on day two of prep and have already lost 2.6 pounds!! I'm so pumped to make this work and would love to talk to others about recipes and tricks they have. Thanks!
  • kitkat508, I've been thinking about doing slim4life again, I joined a couple years back but the supplements made me so sick I didn't stick with it. I still have the info on how to do it but just not sure
  • Buddy Found
    I joined three weeks ago. Having hard time with journaling. Eating the right foods. My councilor told me to try vinegar with my celery stick snacks. I wanted to smack her. I am doing this for a lifestyle change that I know in my heart will be for the rest of my life. Is it going to slow me down to loosing weight if I have a tablespoon of hummus with my 4 celery sticks and I like the taste. Who cares. I have lost 50 pounds before and gained it back because I feel into my bad snacking habits not because I added a bit of hummus to my celery stick. I wanted to smack her. I have to do this my way. A realistic way. I want to enjoy food and the healthy foods not freak'in gage!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Well I believe I'm gonna give this a shot again come monday. I won't be taking the supplemnets as they are what made me quit last time since I got so sick from them. I'm on plan a which is the 2 proteins, 2 veggies, 2 carbs but what I'm wondering is if anything has changed from a couple of years back as far as food
  • Starting Tuesday
    I just joined and start prep on Tuesday due to no classes for nutrition being available I have purchased the food but wondered if anyone knows about preparing it. Can you use onions? I know you can use spices without sugar or salt. I have lost 40 lbs on my own and just could not get motivated to lose the remaining 35! Here goes!!
  • loking for support
    Is Anyone Doing Slim 4 Life
  • I'll be your buddy cash! Just starting my second week.. My email is superproudmommy at yahoo. It won't let me post it all together. Email me so we can buddy up
  • Started S4L a month ago...
    Hello,
    Started S4L a month ago. I am a private chef which is used to cooking food rich in flavor. As well as vegetarian and vegan food which helps me be able to prepare my meals. I am a pescatarian which means I only eat fish and veggies. No 2 or 4 legged animals. I have lost 8lbs and 14 inches thus far. The first 2 weeks were rapid. Then I started working out with a trainer 4 days a week. That messed up my program I hit a plateau. Now they have adjusted it and I am on the right track. This is a hard program for several reasons but if you put you mind to it anything is possible. I am going to rock this program. I would love some advise and encouragement and would love to offer some as well.

• Hello,
    Started S4L a month ago. I am a private chef which is used to cooking food rich in flavor. As well as vegetarian and vegan food which helps me be able to prepare my meals. I am a pescatarian which means I only eat fish and veggies. No 2 or 4 legged animals. I have lost 8lbs and 14 inches thus far. The first 2 weeks were rapid. Then I started working out with a trainer 4 days a week. That messed up my program I hit a plateau. Now they have adjusted it and I am on the right track. This is a hard program for several reasons but if you put you mind to it anything is possible. I am going to rock this program. I would love some advise and encouragement and would love to offer some as well.
  • Hi Binaan,
    I'm new , just started s4l 2 weeks ago and have lost 6lbs but I would love to have a buddy to share with
    Please reply .

Thanks Helen
    Hi everyone,

I'm new to this site and have just started s4l 2 weeks ago and have lost 6lbs.
    I would love to share recipes and weight loss tips with any you out there.
    Thanks
  • Hi Helen - Does s4l base the program on exchanges? We have Quick Weight Loss here in South Florida that is pretty identical to LAWL. Feel free to jump in on our daily board. We could use some more input and motivation.
  • The focus should always be on improving health, not body weight.

Having a realistic weight goal can be helpful for some teens, but improving diet and increasing physical activity can be much more effective overall.

The best weight-loss strategies are those that you can keep for a lifetime. That's a long time, so we'll try to keep these suggestions as simple as possible!

1- Cut Back on Sweetened Beverages and Limit Added Sugars - Sodas, energy drinks, sweet teas, and fruit drinks are loaded with added sugars. high added sugar consumption can lead to weight gain in teens and may also increase their risk of certain health conditions, such as type 2 diabetes, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, acne, and cavities

2- Set Healthy, Realistic Goals

3- Fuel Your Body With Nourishing Foods & Eat more fruit and vegetables.

4- Reduce Stress, Get Enough Sleep

5- Cut Back on Processed Foods

6- Find other ways to fit activity into your day, at least 60 minutes of exercise every day.
    h
  • Hi I just started the slim 4 life plan, talk to you later