Doing Slim 4 Life - looking for buddy

You're on Page 12 of 15
Go to
  • Hi Mollie Wow 16.5 lbs is great . I went today for a weigh in and I have lost total of 18 lbs in 26 days . So we are losing about the same. The problem is that I have constantly been constipated and have to drink the cleasing tea to "go" lol. Are you having this problem Mollie? I hadn't used the restroom since Wednesday so there was so weight loss since then. I hate being constipated.

Another question my mom is having a big dinner party tomorrow and she is cooking alot of my favourite foods. I am debating whether I should have one cheat meal tomorrow. I have been so cranky for past 2 days because I have been feeling deprived and hungry and I am wondering if I have one yummy satisfying meal tomorrow I might be okay. I don't know, I am not sure. What do you think?

And yes please send me recipes you have. I would love to try something new.
  • Hi Virgo! Well, today was the 1st day that I really fell off the program. I had 1 1/2 glasses of wine and several of these chocolate candies at a friend's house. I am going to do the Day 1 of prep tomorrow and see if I can have a good weigh in on Monday. I think that if you want to have a cheat meal, then go for it. Just not all the time. It would be good for your mental state and maybe get you remotivated for the next 28 days....also, I think it kind of tricks your body (kinda like the Body for Life concept). And here is the last point on this...you are still doing better than what you were doing before you started the program..... as long as you still have a loss for the week, then you are good....it may be 1-2 pounds as opposed to the 4-5 that you have been losing but as long as the scale is still going down, it's all gooooooood in my opinion.

Constipation?? Hhhhhmmmm...... well, I have had that problem for many years so it is not just this diet. I go to acupuncture every week and also take a couple of supplements from my chinese medicine doctor for this very problem. I also do the cleansing tea a couple of times per week. So, I can't say that my problems are related to this diet but I do know that a diet high in protein (which this is) can cause those issues. Paleo Fiber is very very good and has done wonders for my problem. I can't post the link here because I have fewer than 25 posts so I will email you with it.

I will email you some recipes.. based on the recipes that you sent to me, you seem like a much better cook than I am. Mine are more simple. ha!

Chat soon!! Keep up the great work!! Are you noticing in your clothes at all yet? I forgot how tall you are....I think you told me. I am 5'9" so it takes a bit for me to notice but my jeans are definitely looser.
  • Thankyou for your advice Mollie . But I couldn't cheat last night because I was so traumatized by the thought of gaining a pound or two back and also because I feel so gross because I haven't used the restroom since wednesday now. My stomach feels so hard and heavy and I am definitely bloated. Ughhh!!!! I am about to go to a pharmacy and pick up docolax or whatever it's called and miralax. But since I am uncomfortable the food didn't even look tempting at all.
    But I think a glass of wine and some candy in a whole month does not sound bad to me. OMG can you imagine we have spent a whole month eating healthy and now we are feeling bad for something that we used to do every night lol. I am probably going to binge any day now but it will be planned so I will know how many calories I am putting in my body. I am going to a wedding in two weeks in Houston and I should probably save my cheat day for then.
    My clothes are fitting awesome and yea my jeans are looser too. I had forgotten how much fun it was to try on clothes and feel good about how they look on your body. I can't wait till I can fit into designer jeans woohoo. Okay girl I would love to do a chat. I am so excited for both of out weight loss and can't wait till we are both at a size where we can be 100% satisfied . Take care and yes e-mail me.
  • Never mind I take my last post back. I totally just binged and I AM SO HAPPY!!!!! I don't know what came over me. I was looking for an orange but my hands automatically went towards "real food" and I made myself a nice big plate. But I could only eat half of it and my body said stop. I wanted to keep eating but my stomach was so full. So I put rest of the food back and I am about to go eat some veggies to balance it out maybe I will wait a little. I will let you know how my weigh in goes tomorrow. Last time I went to weigh in on Friday I was 252 lbs lol so yea lets see.
  • Reporting final weight loss for the week: 5.4 lbs
  • Slim4Life
    Good Morning All,

I'm just starting Slim4Life today. I didn't go and buy the program, I got it from a friend. I'm hoping that I can make it work.

I just hope I can stick with it!

Good Luck to All!

• HI all,

I have not done S4L but my mom did and lost 60 lbs, I myself lost 40lbs on MRC (Metabolic Research Center). The programs were similar and the suppliments, like the protein drinks were identical. I have since been research and checking out MRC thread and there are lots of great tips and posts about were to buy some of the "knock off" suppliments and drinks, puddings, etc. Online cheaper. I did some of the research for my mom as well.

Just thought I would share, as my mom's program cost alot more than MRC. I want to help her save money since she is retired and thought I would share.

Dietdirect.com - has all the protein drinks that we drink on MRC they are liquid protein drinks they are under the brand name Protidiet.

Bariwise and Wonderslim have I think identical products to S4L. These can be found on diet direct as well. Try googling these by name there are multiple sites that cost alot less than what they sell at the centers wether it be MRC or S4L.

Thermo boost - I've only found it on http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/index.php

under the name of - Quick Boost - I think it was around $20.00 a box

Anyway, for inspiration and other ideas stop by the Metabolic Research Center forum. There is also a thread for recipes. I know it's not quite the same as S4L but I think there are parts of the plans that are interchangeable.

Good luck on your diet and healthy life style jouney
  • Started Slim4Life Today....im a little aprehensive!
    Hey I am looking for a good place to blog about my journey on slim 4 life or talk about it with some people. I think it would really help this process...I just started my prep phase this morning. I looking to be at my goal weight by my birhday (july 6th) 10 weeks!

Anyone just start, or been on it for a little while?

How has the journey been, struggles, hard parts of it? But better yet, any good things too!
  • Hi Ladies!
    I am a newbie starting the slim4life diet on 4/28. I was browsing the net and came upon this forum. I am totally thrilled to have found this forum. A friend gave me the diet and 2 weeks ago I started the multi-vitamins and flaxseed oil. Today I made a grocery list and went shopping. Tonight I am up late preparing food to take to work tomorrow night. I work 12 hr shifts, so this is going to be a real challenge.
    One thing I really became aware of during these 2 weeks of the above mentioned supplements is that I ate constantly....lots of junk....because I was malnourished. My body was starving for nourishment and these 2 weeks on the vitamins and flaxseed oil I don't feel so hungry all the time. I am excited about this revelation and knowing this helps me have a more positive attitude about changing my eating habits. I am raring to go tomorrow!!!
    lovepeacejhawks, if you want a buddy, we live really close to one another. Let me know! silentjourney1
  • Hello,

My name is Patty. I just started S4L today 04/28/2010. This is my second time doing it though. The first time I did it was back in 2005. I only did it for about 6 or 7 weeks and then I stopped because I was bad. I thought it was expensive, but that is probably why I was able to stick with it for as long as I did. I know 6-7 weeks it's not a lot, but that is the longest I have been able to stay on a diet. (Yes, I know it's embarasing) When I started the diet I was very depressed and my self esteem was VERY LOW. When I started the diet back in 2005 I weighed 162 lbs. during the 6-7 weeks that I did the diet I only lost 14 lbs. I know it sounds like very little weight in 6-7 weeks, but boy I lost a lot of sizes. I went from a size 14 which fit me very tight to a size 8 in that period of time. I was working out 4-5 times per week and I know I build muscle easily so I think that was probably why I didn't see a whole lot of loss in lbs, but it was more in inches. I did not keep track of my measurements as far as inches go, but know I lost a lot because like I said I went from a size 14 to a size 8 in that very short period of time. I remember that when I did the diet I felt very happy, very energized, SUPER HEALTHY. The next thing I'm about to tell you will sound weird, because it is hard to explain, but its true. Eventhough I had been a size 8 in the past (before S4L) I had a tummy
    and love handles and I've always had a problem with my back. I always have rolls on my back when I gain weight (I hate it). Well after loosing weight on S4L and going down to a size 8 I looked darn GOOD!! My stomach was completly FLAT!!, NO ROLLS ANYWHERE. I could sit and still my stomack was FLAT! I FELT SEXY!! Like never before in my life. I just felt great. My mistake was when I went to a birthday party. My plan was to go to the party
    but I was not going to eat anything because I knew that the food was going to be wonderful, but completely borbidden in S4L. But I let my husband convinced me. He said: "Go ahead and eat something and then tomorrow you can go back on the diet" Well I ate and after that I noticed I was telling myself You can eat a little more here and there and from cheating one day I went to cheating every day until Iwas completely off the diet eating everything and anything I wanted. I gained all the weight back and more. I went back to a size 14. I know this diet is good because it took me about 8 months to get back into size 14. I know this diet works which is why Im doig it again. I'm not joining S4L because I still have all the info. instead of the protein bars they have I'm just eating the S'mores Luna bar. I did the diet about a year ago for about 2 weeks eating the Luna bars and it still worked and the Luna bars taste much better than the S4L bars.

I just want to tell everyone who's new to the diet that IT DOES WORK!! It is hard because you do get bored after a while because there is only so much you can eat and you do get bored of the food, but the feeling of feeling beautiful because you are thin is PRICELESS!!!!!! I will post again to let you
    know about my progress. I did not do 3 day of protein because I lost the info and when I called S4L they did not want to give me the info because they said that I'm no longer a member although I remember when I signed up they told me that I would be a lifetime member and had access to all that. No biggie though. I will still loose the weight!!!!

My current weight is 190 Lbs and I look forward to sharing my progress with you all.

Patty Garibay
  • Hello

Today is Saturday 05/01/2010. So far I have been on the Slim4Life Diet 3 days. Today is only my 4th day and it is 12:36PM Mtn Time. My starting weight was 190 Lbs. Today I weighed my self in the AM and I weight 183 Lbs.

I think Slim4Life is hard because there area lot of restrictions. I am salt lover and I also eat a lot of carbs. I will probably take me a couple of weeks to adjust . But the diet while its hard it works like a miracle. I have lost 7 Lbs in 3 days. I know most of it is probably water, but I still like getting on the scale and seeing the #s go down. I probably retained a lot of water before the diet because like I said I like salt and salt makes you retain water I guess that is one of the reasons they advice you to eat only Lite Salt and only very little of it.

I love the results so far!

Patty Garibay
  • good for you Patty!!
    glad to see such good progress!! I got off to a rocky start mostly coz I have trouble with pepsi. I have lost 3 lbs since the 28th and yesterday I needed to go grocery shopping again but I put that off...then I was called in to work last night. Currently I have enough healthy food for half a night so I'll have to stop by the store and get some fruit on my way to work. I'll take a couple of eggs to work with me and cooked fish, rice and broccoli along with celery sticks and the protein drink. I hope that holds me coz 12 hr night shifts are really loooooong. Will finish shopping in the morning on my way home. Next time I need to shop I won't procrastinate. I learned my lesson. Any way, keep posting....I thought this was a ghost town! hahaha I better get back to bed. Keep up the good work!! Cindy
  • Hi! This is my first time here. I joined Slim 4 Life last week but just actually just started on program today with the cleansing routine. I accidently found this and am thrilled to be able to converse with people in similar situation.

After reading so many comments about Slim 4 Life all over the internet, I can't decide whether the program is good or bad so I have just decided, since I have already invested all this money, to give it my best shot and go in with a good attitude.

I look forward to communicating with many of you.
    Smiles to you!
  • Weigh In
    Last WED I weighed in after 1 week on the diet and found that I had lost 7 lbs. I didn't do the prep because my friend that gave me the diet didn't tell me about it. Over the weekend I slipped off big time. Now it is Monday morning and I have a renewed enthusiasm to pick up the pieces and keep with this new food life-style.
    Welcome to Patti and the new one in the previous post. I didn't want to go back to see the correct spelling of your id because I would probably lose what I've already typed. Anyway, I look forward to hearing about your progress. I hope you both will come back and post.
    Cindy
  • Hi guys!!!Offcially lost 40 lbs as of yesterday!!! How are you guys doing?