FYI : New Name for LAWL (it's true!)

• Hey everyone!

I've been meaning to tell you all this, and I'm just finally making on to post.

So, last Saturday when I went to the COD to WI, the manager says "I just thought I would warn you that we are changing our name but we'll still be the same program and everything else will remain the same." She said the new name (beginning some time this week) will be "Family Weight Loss."
    I said "Very interesting!" and asked about the new name and the manager told me that is was more "family friendly!" She continued to assure me that everything else (program, hours, etc.) would remain the same.
    My COD is a corporate center so I'm not sure if the franchise CODs will be changing but she was certain the change would be taking place this week!

Just thought I'd let you all know... and I wonder if this has anything to do with Dan & Liz's centers closing? (Hmmmm... coincidence?)
  • Hmmm interesting. I haven't heard anything about this from my center (corporate)

Not a very original name! Wonder how long it took them to come up with that one.
  • I think LAWL might imply it is only for young, hip, single people, at least in some people's minds. The name change may not be original, but it could be a smart mareketing move, especially in communities with a shortage of young, hip, single people.

Family Weight Loss, implies not only a broader target audience, but that the whole family should join together. Brilliant really, and if they further provide family perks, or a family discount (no matter how small), it could increase their profits tremendously. I always thought that WW and other programs would draw more couples and families if they did something like that.
  • I think it would be a smart move from a marketing perspective, but I haven't heard about a name change in Georgia. They sure are spending big bucks still advertising LAWL here. They could use the acronym FAWL FAmilyWeightLoss...you know, the weight will just FAWL off.
  • That's very clever, Joni...you have a very creative mind

• As long as they don't take away our bars like they did to Liz and Dan, I don't care what they call it.