Calling all Purple LAWL

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • Just wanting to start a new thread for the purple LAWL. I just couldn't seem to find one that I could jump into so.............

Does anyone know how many levels there are? I didn't even know there were any. Also, just wondering what successes everyone has had and what advice you can share with me. This is my 4th week on LAWL, but my first 1 1/2 didn't go well. But, I'm trying to really make it this time. I have tried SOOO many other diets before. And when I started LAWL it was the heaviest that I'd ever been. I am 5'3" and I weighed exactly 200lbs! I have lost 6.6 pds so far. But, I really want to lose some serious weight for un upcoming trip at the end of summer. So any encouragement from anyone or just a simple hi would be Awesome!

Thanks 3FC Community!
  • Hi

I also am on the purple plan, I did the plan a year ago, quit and now I am back, but I am doing it all alone, w/o the COD...I just can't handle the pressure and the BS, at the weigh ins. So I am doing it at home, being accountable to ME...I am not sure about all the levels, but you can get that answered, as lots of people on diferent LAWL plans. I did very well and lost weight, you have to stay POP though, little mess-ups, like a bite of this, a bite of that add up! I also live in Oregon, Portland...Good luck!
  • Hi there - I am on purple - I joined on 4/1/07 - I am doing it with the COD (Lysa, I admire you - I need the accountability of the COD, I think) - so far, I have lost just over 15 pounds (15.2 to be exact) - I have really found it very easy to do - Good luck to you!
  • WOW, I didn't think people would post so fast, this is such a great, supportive community. This just might be time I actually succeed. Thanks MLMAGIC and Becca for posting and just making me feel part of the community already.
  • Hi there, and welcome.

I am also on purple and am doing it without the center. Just like Lysa, I am being accountable to me. I don't need the wi centers to tell me whether I have screwed up or not - I will know. I am driven by my desire to lose the final lbs, and feel better about myself. I have lost 16 lbs, and 9 more to go and I already feel much better.

The first couple of weeks I found it difficult to know what I should be eating and when, but now, I find it very easy.

Best thing that I can suggest is keep track of what you are eating, and check things off as you eat them so you know where you are at. Plan out your menu's to make sure you are right on plan.

You will find lots of support on this board. This group can cheer you up when your down, provide you with motivation, and answer a lot of questions for you. There are some great success stories with this group.

Good Luck to you.
  • I too am on Purple w/lites. I struggled at first, I just couldn't seem to get in the groove. My work requires travel and I am tempted...way to tempted. I finally realized that my life is not going to change so my eating habits NEEDED to change. I took 2 months off the plan, went to Hawaii (business) and then came back and have dedicated myself to the plan. Since the end of March and after turning over a new leaf I have lost a total of 13.6 lbs. It's still a challenge but every week I seem to get more and more use to the plan and how to incorporate it into my lifestyle.
    You can do it too!! My advice is to stick with the plan, if you fall off, get right back on. Drink LOTS of water and don't leave this board!! While it is a busy place there is a ton of support and lots and lots of GREAT advice, laughs and LAWL recipes.
    Good luck...I am right there with you!
    Debbie
  • I'm on purple as well, with lites... I started on Red and got moved to purple later on.. I miss the extra starch and half a protein afforded me by the red, but I'm coping...
  • Quote: Hi there - I am on purple - I joined on 4/1/07 - I am doing it with the COD (Lysa, I admire you - I need the accountability of the COD, I think) - so far, I have lost just over 15 pounds (15.2 to be exact) - I have really found it very easy to do - Good luck to you!
    Thanks Becca...I am glad you have a good Center. I am sure there are many of them. Mine was over the top, oh they were real nice at first when I wanted to join, but as I turned them down for their bars, snacks, vitamins, etc. they became very cold and rude to me. I saw other's coming and going that were buying stuff and they were sweet as pie to them!! I had gotton alot of lites from a girlfriend who sold them to me, so I did not need them for a while, so I was not getting them from the center...anyway, I am trying to do this alone now and this forum has helped me...it is my place of accountibilty now. I sort of "weigh in" here everyday now. I wish you luck too! We can do it! I can't wait to get rid of this roll from having babies around my middle GONE! I am 40 now and I gotta do it!!
  • Quote: Hi there, and welcome.

I am also on purple and am doing it without the center. Just like Lysa, I am being accountable to me. I don't need the wi centers to tell me whether I have screwed up or not - I will know. I am driven by my desire to lose the final lbs, and feel better about myself. I have lost 16 lbs, and 9 more to go and I already feel much better.

The first couple of weeks I found it difficult to know what I should be eating and when, but now, I find it very easy.

Best thing that I can suggest is keep track of what you are eating, and check things off as you eat them so you know where you are at. Plan out your menu's to make sure you are right on plan.

You will find lots of support on this board. This group can cheer you up when your down, provide you with motivation, and answer a lot of questions for you. There are some great success stories with this group.

Good Luck to you.

Hi Karen...
    How are ya goin it alone here? I hope all is well. I am so grateful for the support here. What bars/juice do you use and how...share your success, I am just gettin' started again, week 2.
  • FITNOTFATT, I'm "ex-purple", now Gold.

Sorry to "step in" your Purple Thread, I just wanted to say:
  • Quote:
    Hi Karen...
    How are ya goin it alone here? I hope all is well. I am so grateful for the support here. What bars/juice do you use and how...share your success, I am just gettin' started again, week 2.
    Hi Lysa,

When I do take off, I don't use the juice, I do it with grapefruits, and/or canteloupe. As for the bars, I have been searching for bars that I like. I am in Canada, and the more popular subs are harder to find. I have found a few of the Luna bars which I have tried, and also the Pria ones, but they tend to not sit well with me. I always feel bloated afterwards, so I am kind of wondering if I am not able to do the soy. What I have been mostly doing is just using the slimfast bars. I know that they are not as high in protein, and they are also less calories than the lights, but they seem to work for me. I also use the Nature Valley granola bars. (the sugar content in both of these are less than the lites - which I think is a good thing) The alternative to the bars would be to move up a plan and go all food - but for now, will just continue as I am and see how it goes.

Other than that, drink lots and lots of water, and when I feel like I am retaining water, can usually tell by my rings feeling tight, then I do the hot lemon water.

I have found so much information on this board, and if I have a question, I post a thread, and there are lots of wise veterans that can give me great advise.

I feel more motivated from reading the success stories on this forum than I have ever felt before.

I wish you lots of luck and I am sure - you can do this.

Karen
  • I am on purple w/ lites. I joined March 28th and have lost 13 lbs so far and 11 inches! I actually think the center helps me, it forces me to stay to my plan. Though it was expensive, I agree. I havent purchased their supplements or anything other than lites yet, though I plan to at some point. I want to try the meal replacement shakes. Good Luck everyone!
  • Hi. I am a "purple" too. I am having a hard time with the 2 starches. I would rather have 3... or 4.....

Hope everyone has a great day!
    Laurie
    St. Paul, MN
  • Oh Laurie, I am a starch lover myself!!! I find it most difficult to get all my veggies & fruits in!
  • Hi Jessica,

I just read your first post re: losing 13 pounds already since joining in late March. That is incredible. Do you excercise also? What kind of schedule to you stick to?