Summer Meltdown

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to
  • This is the 5 week Summer Meltdown that my COD is doing. I noticed the one she gave me says for Red. I am assuming that if you are on something else you would alter it accordingly. days 3 thru 6 on the TakeOff weeks have all the exchanges that the red plan has in a day but incorporates the jetstart and the slimdown.

Summer Meltdown – RED

Lose up to 2 sizes and up to 20 lbs. by summer

Week One
    Day 1 and 2 (see TakeOff instructions for Protien and Veggies)
    • Breakfast 8 oz. Take off Juice and ½ LA Lite Bar
    • Mid Morning 8 oz. Take off Juice and ½ LA Lite Bar
    • Lunch 3 oz. Protein and unlimited Veggies
    • Mid Afternoon 8 oz. Take off Juice and ½ LA Lite Bar
    • Dinner 3 oz. Protein and unlimited Veggies
    • Evening 8 oz. Take off Juice and ½ LA Lite Bar

Day 3 thru 6
    • Breakfast Jetstart – ½ Protein – 1 Starch
    • Mid Morning LA Lite Bar and Fruit
    • Lunch SlimDown and 2 Vegetables
    • Mid Afternoon LA Lite Bar and Fruit
    • Dinner 1 Protein, 2 Vegetables, 1 Starch, 1 Fat

Day 7
    Follow Regular Plan

Week Two Follow Regular Plan
    Week Three Repeat TakeOff Week
    Week Four Follow Regular Plan
    Week Five Repeat TakeOff Week
  • Hmm, sounds like torture!
  • thanks for the info Lettie.

I think I might just give this a try. I seem to have kind of stalled again in the loss dept. so maybe this is the kick start I need to get it going.

Thanks for sharing.
  • yea, it does sound a little like torture -

i think if i can get thru day 1 and 2, i might be alright.
  • Thanks for posting. Jetstart (actually any cold coffee drink) is the turnoff for me, but I could easily substitute regular food for that meal.........I'll have to ponder this....5 weeks........hmmmmmm??????
  • The thought of losing 2 dress sizes sounds worth it to me. I think I will give this a try starting Monday!
  • Is there a substitution for jetstart?
  • What is jet start??
  • Jetstart tastes like the store bought Starbucks Frappaccino, and really I have compared the two and the Frappaccino lite has the exact same Calories, protein, sodium, fat, etc, as the jetstart, I know someone suggested substituting the EAS AdvantEDGE drink, but really it is way higher in Protein and quite a bit lower in calories, so they don't really match. Although I know the higher protein would be better it doesn't taste as good as the Jetstart, which tastes exactly like a Frappaccino..... to me..... I am not sure yet if I will go with the Jetstart or try to substitute
  • 2 Dress sizes does seem worth it. I'll have to think about it. THose TO days are absolute torture! I hate it! It's always worth the ~5 lbs I lose out of it though..
  • I assume that with this you can still substitute the juice for the grapefruits, oranges or canteloupe???

Also - I think that I read for the slimdown - can sub in the slimfast shakes - does that sound right?
  • Yes, I already sub Slimfast Optima or High Protein for the Slimdown. The diet Frappaccino doesn't have any fiber or vitamins/minerals and the Jetstart does. I think I will just purchase the Jetstart this time.
  • Where is the Dairy on the take off week?
  • Quote: 2 Dress sizes does seem worth it. I'll have to think about it. THose TO days are absolute torture! I hate it! It's always worth the ~5 lbs I lose out of it though..
    Me too Amy, I am on TO for 2 days right now, wrapping up day one this evening, I am so hungry, I just keep drinking water, water, water...
    I will love the scale (I hope) come Wed. though!
  • Quote: Where is the Dairy on the take off week?
    Well... there is NO dairy on the Take Off, and the TO is for 2 days, not a whole week... No dairy, no fruits, no starch, no fun..... As Cassie said: TO stands for Torture Oneself!