3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Summer Meltdown (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/112337-summer-meltdown.html)

zambejaly5 05-10-2007 09:17 PM

Summer Meltdown

This is the 5 week Summer Meltdown that my COD is doing. I noticed the one she gave me says for Red. I am assuming that if you are on something else you would alter it accordingly. days 3 thru 6 on the TakeOff weeks have all the exchanges that the red plan has in a day but incorporates the jetstart and the slimdown.

Summer Meltdown – RED

Lose up to 2 sizes and up to 20 lbs. by summer

Week One
Day 1 and 2 (see TakeOff instructions for Protien and Veggies)
• Breakfast 8 oz. Take off Juice and ½ LA Lite Bar
• Mid Morning 8 oz. Take off Juice and ½ LA Lite Bar
• Lunch 3 oz. Protein and unlimited Veggies
• Mid Afternoon 8 oz. Take off Juice and ½ LA Lite Bar
• Dinner 3 oz. Protein and unlimited Veggies
• Evening 8 oz. Take off Juice and ½ LA Lite Bar

Day 3 thru 6
• Breakfast Jetstart – ½ Protein – 1 Starch
• Mid Morning LA Lite Bar and Fruit
• Lunch SlimDown and 2 Vegetables
• Mid Afternoon LA Lite Bar and Fruit
• Dinner 1 Protein, 2 Vegetables, 1 Starch, 1 Fat

Day 7
Follow Regular Plan

Week Two Follow Regular Plan
Week Three Repeat TakeOff Week
Week Four Follow Regular Plan
Week Five Repeat TakeOff Week

JerseyMadchen 05-10-2007 09:25 PM

Hmm, sounds like torture!

slim n trim 05-10-2007 09:26 PM

thanks for the info Lettie.

I think I might just give this a try. I seem to have kind of stalled again in the loss dept. so maybe this is the kick start I need to get it going.

Thanks for sharing.

slim n trim 05-10-2007 09:29 PM

yea, it does sound a little like torture -

i think if i can get thru day 1 and 2, i might be alright.

Joni135 05-10-2007 10:56 PM

Thanks for posting. Jetstart (actually any cold coffee drink) is the turnoff for me, but I could easily substitute regular food for that meal.........I'll have to ponder this....5 weeks........hmmmmmm??????

curlmama 05-10-2007 11:06 PM

The thought of losing 2 dress sizes sounds worth it to me. I think I will give this a try starting Monday!

curlmama 05-10-2007 11:22 PM

Is there a substitution for jetstart?

sar66 05-11-2007 05:37 AM

What is jet start??

zambejaly5 05-11-2007 06:34 AM

Jetstart tastes like the store bought Starbucks Frappaccino, and really I have compared the two and the Frappaccino lite has the exact same Calories, protein, sodium, fat, etc, as the jetstart, I know someone suggested substituting the EAS AdvantEDGE drink, but really it is way higher in Protein and quite a bit lower in calories, so they don't really match. Although I know the higher protein would be better it doesn't taste as good as the Jetstart, which tastes exactly like a Frappaccino..... to me..... I am not sure yet if I will go with the Jetstart or try to substitute

JerseyMadchen 05-11-2007 08:46 AM

2 Dress sizes does seem worth it. I'll have to think about it. THose TO days are absolute torture! I hate it! It's always worth the ~5 lbs I lose out of it though..

slim n trim 05-11-2007 12:29 PM

I assume that with this you can still substitute the juice for the grapefruits, oranges or canteloupe???

Also - I think that I read for the slimdown - can sub in the slimfast shakes - does that sound right?

curlmama 05-11-2007 01:28 PM

Yes, I already sub Slimfast Optima or High Protein for the Slimdown. The diet Frappaccino doesn't have any fiber or vitamins/minerals and the Jetstart does. I think I will just purchase the Jetstart this time.

wtbthin 05-14-2007 09:02 PM

Where is the Dairy on the take off week?

mlmagic 05-14-2007 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyMadchen (Post 1690937)
2 Dress sizes does seem worth it. I'll have to think about it. THose TO days are absolute torture! I hate it! It's always worth the ~5 lbs I lose out of it though..

Me too Amy, I am on TO for 2 days right now, wrapping up day one this evening, I am so hungry, I just keep drinking water, water, water...:mad:
I will love the scale (I hope) come Wed. though!

LittleBlueCat 05-14-2007 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtbthin (Post 1695073)
Where is the Dairy on the take off week?

Well... there is NO dairy on the Take Off, and the TO is for 2 days, not a whole week... No dairy, no fruits, no starch, no fun..... As Cassie said: TO stands for Torture Oneself!