Old 05-08-2007, 10:03 AM   #1  
LAWL Salt Police

Default So what is Stabilization?

As I get nearer to my goal, my thought are often dwelling on what comes next.. I know we have a couple of folks here who are just getting into the stabilization phase, so I'm just curious as to what all that intails...

Lay it on me, eh?
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:19 PM   #2  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

It's too much food, it's watching the scale fluctuate weigh in to weigh in--oh wait that's my last 4 months on weight loss.

The first week was actually a breeze, it was adding in an extra fat a day. That's easier said then done, I mean cream cheese on the wheat thins or butter on veggies.

The second week is adding in an extra fruit (yummy) and 2 extra veggies. For the exercise junkies on red that's 6 veggies a day now. Yes folks it's 6 veggies a day! I'm so tempted to start drinkin the V8 to squeeze into another 2.

The third week is an extra half protein. But according to COD and the cards if you're already at 2 1/2 proteins you don't need to add the extra half. However, of course LA at home has it that I'm up to 3 proteins a day, so after weigh in it's a call to the Dietician from COD to get the actual answer.

Next week is a stach, ah I'm so looking forward to another starch. An extra starch and an extra fruit, that's cosmos 3 nights a week.

I don't know how Kristen's doing it, but with the extra food, I've started gradually weaning off the 2 lites a day. I'm still eating at least 1, but if I'm not hungry I'm passing on the second.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:45 PM   #3  
LAWL Salt Police

Thanks Megan.. Sounds like if you're not careful, it could get you into trouble...
Old 05-08-2007, 03:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

I've heard that in stabilization they give you the salt shaker back...
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 04:07 PM   #5  
LAWL Salt Police

*clutches chest*

*THUD*

Old 05-08-2007, 05:21 PM   #6  
Megan

You certainly don't have to measure out the 1/4 tsp of Morton's Lite every day anymore. I need salt, what else am I going to rim the maragritas with?

I got the definite answer on the protein thing. If on BLUE or RED there is no extra 1/2 protein.
Quote:
You do not need to add an additional ˝ protein to your RedPlan, as 2 ˝ proteins is the maximum serving of protein allowed on plan. Duringweek 3, you will only need to add 1 condiment to your Red Plan. We apologizefor any mis-communication listed in the food journal.
Ah finally an easy answer from the dietician.

Yeah, it's dangerous. There's a reason you still go in for regular weigh-ins.

Though frankly, the 6 veggies are making me start to feel like a rabbit Do you have any clue how many veggies 6 veggies are?
Old 05-08-2007, 05:25 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzbe View Post
Do you have any clue how many veggies 6 veggies are?
Ummm.... somewhere between 5 and 7?

(I crack myself up )
Old 05-08-2007, 06:12 PM   #8  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

I'll be on soon with a thorough report for Dan on Stabilization. mine is quite different than the one described above
cassi you crack us all up!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:03 PM   #9  
Megan

Ooo,

Maybe I'll like the Canadian way better, I'm getting sick and tired of being a rabbit Is it any less veggies a day?

Now only if I had bunny ears for the potato head, that would be the perfect profile picture.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:16 PM   #10  

Love the potato head avatar!
Old 05-08-2007, 07:22 PM   #11  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

Height: 5'4"

Kristen, what were you told? I was told week one on stabilization is unlimited veggies, but other than that, I don't remember what was added on. I'll ask again on Friday at my next WI.
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 07:43 PM   #12  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Hi All
Cassi is right.. first you get unlimited salt!! Just kidding!
I reached goal on gold and the first week I was given unlimited veggies, week they added a dairy, and this week I was given a half protein and another fat. I can't remember what is added next week but I think there is one more fruit, then another starch (WOOHOO) and then a third fat. I'll post here as soon as I know.
Weigh in goes from three times a week to two, if you lose each week they add food then they give you the next additional exchange, or if you stay the same or fluctuate a bit. Basically they are looking for about a 2-3 lb swing up or down. I think I'm just losing a bit now as I was fluctuating for so long, my activity has been through the roof with home renovations and I think my body just likes the extra bit of food. I was finding myself hungry the last few weeks on plan so my body may have been holding on to some of my pittance servings
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:52 PM   #13  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Since I may never get this info from the COD, I looked it up in Webster....

sta·bi·li·za·tion /Pronunciation Key - stey-buh-li-zey-shuhn
–noun
1. the act or process of stabilizing or the state of being stabilized.

sta·bi·lize (stā'b-līz') Pronunciation Key
v. sta·bi·lized, sta·bi·liz·ing, sta·bi·liz·es

To make stable
To keep from fluctuating; fix the level of: stabilize prices.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 08:08 AM   #14  
Kate - LAWL since 10/06

S/C/G: 211.0/154.2/130.0

Height: 5'1"

Joni - you crack me up! I'm with you though. I don't forsee stabilization anytime in my near future either. It has been sooo hard to stay OP since I have been back! Congrats to Megan and Kristen both!! You guys are an inspiration to the rest of us
katiebug77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 02:23 PM   #15  
Megan

I'm liking the Canadian way better. It would allow me to eat less than 6 veggies a day Though today I discovered sauteed mushrooms over cooked do have the same texture as pasta, if i put on enough sauce my mouth can think it's pasta.

Ok, now it's off to go searching for bunny ears for the potato head. Though I do have an elephan nose, I'm wondering if that would do the trick.