Old 06-04-2007, 12:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 245/241/185

Height: 5'7

Smile HELP! Bars & Kick in the @**~

Hi Guys,

I need some help, I am totally sabotaging my diet. I have done pretty well so far, I've lost about 36-37 ibs since mid February, but I am SICK of eating the same "good" stuff. I can't seem to control this constant snacking urge.

A couple reasons I think I'm ruining it: Life has been much busier than usual so less time to prepare and I'm to tired when I get in to try new recipes.

Another thing is I've always used the lites, I love the caramel ones. But I have been eating more than I should. And I'm craving carbs like there is tomorrow. Do you think I should ditch the lites for awhile and go back to red?

I've got to get control of myself again, I'm scared that my old habits are sneeking up on me again. And I don't want to gain it back!
TIA
MM07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:35 AM   #2  
Sarah

S/C/G: 170/127/127

Height: 5'4"

I've had that problem with the lites. It got especially bad when I started exercising more, and I found out that I had to be moved up to a higher plan because I wasn't getting enough food! So you might want to look into that.

Other than that, all I can advise is that you try to mix things up a bit. Try some of the foods in your booklet that you haven't tried yet. Maybe try some recipes from the cookbook, or buy some snacks from your COD. Use the carb cravers options or have a lean cuisine (sparingly!). I know none of those are as exciting as pizza, jelly beans or gummy bears (all of which I indulged in like crazy over the past few days, so I too have to get back on track!), but keep in mind that the end result is worth the sacrifice and a little bit of suffering! And those yummy foods will be back soon! Keep up the great work, and don't give up!
momerath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:04 AM   #3  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi Stephanie! If you are craving carbs like crazy, there are 2 likely causes. The first is simply that you are getting too many, the second is that your blood sugar may be out of whack. Have you been tested for insulin resistance? I am IR, as are many on this board. I think I can speak for most of us when I say that you crave carbs like there is no tomorrow. Medication helps take the cravings away. I would suggest getting tested if you have not already been. If not, a good TO will help get rid of carb cravings as well.

Now, for motivation. Make a list of reasons you decided to lose weight. Post it on the fridge, the bathroom mirror, or some other place that you will see it often. This will help you to keep your eyes on the prize. I like to purchase something that I want to wear in a size or two smaller than I am to keep me motivated to get into it as well. I had a pair a red jeans that hung on the wall in my bedroom for months reminding me. Just remember, the other folks on this board are no different from you. We are all overweight, we all struggle from time to time, but we can all make this happen. Many of us have lost a lot of weight so far, and so can you!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:54 AM   #4  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

I had a carb-attack last night, but was at the tail end of my TO, and knew that I'd be sad if I blew it. So I let myself be sad, and I pouted and whined about it while I watched TV, but never caved in, and this morning, I'm a happier girl because of it. Maybe when the carb monster comes a-knockin', you can just let yourself be sad about it...does that make ANY sense? (It did in my head before I started writing it out, heh.)
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote