Freaking out about 1st TO

• My COD wants me to work in a TO. I'm fininshing up my 5th week on the red program and have been consistantly down to a total of 13 lbs so far. She said that I probably won't see any weight loss from it but it will help keep me from plateau-ing in the future and jump start my metabolism. I'm sure that's all true and stuff but I'm scared to death to attempt it. To go from all of this food to the next to nothing on the TO program?? I know how I get when I don't eat...headaches, nausea, dizzy. I'm worried that I won't be able to do it. Any suggestions? I'm REALLY hoping to hear you all say that I shouldn't do it yet...
  • I don't think they should be worrying about a plateau at all when you are 5 weeks in. Remember it's YOUR body and your investment.. I would tell them that you are quite content with your loss thus far (great job) and that you will save the TO for a time when you need it!!
  • I agree! I was told to start using TO when the weight loss slowed down. Don't worry about it right now and Congratulations on your 13lbs loss!!!!!!!! Keep up the good work
  • i wouldn't do it. i would only do a TO if you're needing to get cravings under control or if you're stalled. after only 5wks into the plan and they're trying to get you to do TO...i'd say no at this point. it's just too early.
  • I'm in week 7 now and have not done TO.... I had asked the question also about doing TO at week 5 because I didn't know if I should because my weight slowed then...the group here told me not to worrry about doing TO soooooo early in the game......Then at week 6 I dropped another 4 pounds....ssoooooo I wouldn't do it!!!!!!!!!!!! Slow and steady wins the race and it will give the skin a chance to catch up....You are doing great with 13 pounds lost...Keep strong only you know your body and the way you feel they don't live in it ....Plus your 3 pounds ahead of you 2 pounds a week goal WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!
  • I'm with everyone else. I wouldn't do it just yet. I hate TO. I just finished mine yesterday. I don't do them very often, but I needed to get my cravings under control and my butt back in gear after a great 2 week vacation. Normally, even when I am stalling, I just try and focus on being POP, and try to eat light proteins and starches. I also try and mix my foods up a bit, eating things at different times of the day.
  • I agree with everyone else here. It is much to early to be doing a take-off. I am on week 7 myself, and there is actually a note in my file (in red pen!) that I am not to do a take-off until I have lost 50 lbs. The idea of LA Express initially is to jump start your metabolism. I have found there is one counsellor at my COD that I occasionally get that, I believe, does not understand that larger people like myself have to go by slightly different rules. She kept trying to talk me into signing up for the 8 week challenge, which does TO every 2 weeks, despite the big alert at the beginning of my file.
  • I don't have anything different to say from everyone else - I don't see any reason to do TO...and great job on the 13 pounds!!!!
  • I wouldn't advise it just yet. I usually don't put anyone on TO until they have lost enough weight to be put on Gold. If they start plan on Gold then I'll do it every two weeks but otherwise I think it's too big of a shock to your body and can lead to binge like eating afterwards.