Old 05-08-2007, 10:34 AM   #46  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

mmmmmm....can't blame you there
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:02 AM   #47  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Personally I think I'd give the rum to Josie in hopes that she would sleep better!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:16 AM   #48  
New mommy again :-)

If she has luck like mine, she would give the rum to Josie and it would keep her awake
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 03:42 PM   #49  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Well, it looks like you're already in full-blown mommy-hood, at least. My DD wouldn't sleep more than an hour at a time for the first YEAR. I was a walking zombie, but eventually she DID learn to sleep longer and I found myself again. It may seem like the no-sleeping goes on forEVER, JM, but I promise that you'll survive this period somehow!
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:47 PM   #50  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hey guys, there is a bunch of new video and some pics of their trip to Josie's orphanage. JM does a lot of talking in them, what a cute laugh she has!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:29 PM   #51  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

I watched all the videos and after about the fifth one I started crying because I'm just a crybaby. In all honesty, the orphanage and nannies are a lot easier to watch than a lof of the American Idol Gives Back footage...
and Josie's going to love her room in Oregon!!
Old 05-10-2007, 09:02 PM   #52  
Katie

Notice how when people walked past the babies cribs, they did not hold their arms up to be picked up? That made me feel bad. The nannies seemed really affectionate with the kids though, that was really nice.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:36 PM   #53  
Let's try this again . .

Joni/Katie-It was sad. It didn't hit me until we got back in the taxi to go home-and I just started crying. I don't know if those older children will ever be adopted. And I don't know what happens to them if they don't. I'm afraid to ask.

It only took Josie a couple of days to start reaching for me to be picked up. In the last couple of days she's come up with a name for me-sounds like Enya. Not sure if that's her version of mama or "that woman who keeps trying to make me sleep!" I'm still working on the mama though.

Everything's going really quickly here and I could have Josie's visa next week. I probably will have it no later than wednesday. Just waiting on the call from the embassy. It will be nice to get home so I can really establish a routine with her-hard to do in a hotel.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 10:41 PM   #54  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Julie - I always used to think in terms of the worst case scenario and realized it wasn't good for my well being....so now in bad situations, I make up happily ever after endings. Yes, I live in lala land (no drugs needed). You have done such a wonderful thing and each post you make does open my eyes a little wider. I know I'm not in a position to adopt, but the Big Sister program is certainly something I need to look into.

Oh, and the name Enya.....that's her way of reminding you of the healthy eating lifestyle that awaits you when you get home.... enya can't have salt; enya can't have the chocolate bar; enya can't have the the frozen margarita...

Keeping my toes and fingers crossed for Josie's visa and, hopefully, an earlier trip home.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:01 AM   #55  
Katie

Oh, I hope the visa comes through quickly. I can only imagine how anxious you must be to take her to her home, put her bed in her crib, introduce her to the kitties, etc. Also, I suppose that the rest of your fam is dying to hold her too!
Old 05-11-2007, 07:08 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

it will be nice to have you home, even though you come on here from there, it still feels like you are gone sort of. we can't wait to get you back and to see pic's of our Josie in her cute room!
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:24 AM   #57  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

JM - Thank you for keeping us all updated on Josie. I love to check your blog and to see if you've posted on the board. I am sure once you get little miss Josie home she will slip right on in to her routine.

I can't even think about those poor little angels in the orphanage. When I read your blog about them sitting on the beds pushed together my heart just melted. I wanted to fly over and pick them all up!

Enya - reminds me of the singer...her music is so calming and relaxing. That must be how Josie feels with her Mama...like she is home.

Be safe and good luck with the Visa! We can't wait to see Josie at home in her new beautiful room.

Oh and I LOVE the grandma picture!! She has that grandma glow....very proud of her new granddaughter!

xoxoxoxo
debbie
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:57 PM   #58  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

JM - Love the new pics you posted on the blog!! Josie is stylish

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well! I hope you have a speedy recovery, for everyone's sake! LOL
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 11:21 PM   #59  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Josie is stylish indeed. I love the little bathing suit...too cute.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:25 AM   #60  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

For Mother's Day, I wish you long long naps, and a great night's sleep, and your cold to go away. Like Joni.........I tend to dream big, but that is my wish for you.

I love to spend time with my kids, but sometimes, on Mother's Day.......I get the day off (well, as off as I can take it). I don't leave the house or anything (although a few years I have left for the day)......but the kids or DH or my mother kind of do as many of my chores and responsibilites as possible......and I kind of get to relax and just play or hang out. It is nice. I used to feel quilty........like I had to make this wonderful day all about the kids and DH.......but now, I actually let them take care of me for a day.......it's pretty nice.

I hope you all get to come home soon. You will feel so much more confident and relaxed at home with your little baby girl.
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote