Old 05-03-2007, 11:49 AM   #31  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Tina - I'm right there with you. I actually find myself checking Julie's blog before checking with 3FC....I loved today's pictures....they have matching colors on....and they both look glowing!

Here's what her blog says about the signing, but the pictures are priceless!
She needs to include Gramma in one of the pics!!!

Quote:
This morning I applied for Josie's passport and in the afternoon we had the Giving and Receiving ceremony at the Dept of Justice. We signed a book and some paperwork and had to assure them that we would care for our children as if they were biological children and provide updates and pictures for the next 18 years.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 03:48 PM   #32  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

I check her blog constantly too...........Josie is just a little miracle
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:58 PM   #33  
Debbie on LAWL

S/C/G: 239/223/135

Height: 5'5

Of course JM's blog is now on my "Favorites" list. Josie looks so happy and JM is glowing from head to toe...such a beautiful and touching story and to think...we were all a part of it...even in some small way.
Debbie367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 07:06 AM   #34  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Default Blog update

from Julie

Quote:
I've been so concerned about making sure I get new pics and video up of Josie, I really haven't told you much about her.

She's covered in mosquito or some type of bug bites and skin rashes. They don't seem to bother her-she isn't itchy or anything that I can tell. We've been greasing her up in Aquaphor and putting a medicated cream on the bad ones. Looks like they are getting better. This is really common in children from the orphanges, and Josie was in the orphanage the whole time. We haven't gone there yet-I'm hearing it's not great. They said Josie was not thriving there. We're not sure what she weighs-we think about 14 pounds. She's got long legs though in comparison. We've got her in 9 mo clothing-though some 6 mo onesies also fit fine. Her legs completely stretch out the 9 mo sleepers-but they have plenty of room around. She's already eating quite a bit-I think she'll put on quite a bit of weight before we even bring her home.

She's started crawling yesterday-not sure she even realized what she was doing. She wasn't getting around too much the first day-but now if we put something she wants out of her reach-she'll start crawling to it. Her legs are not all that strong-but she's trying to pull herself up. She can stand and hold onto the couch pretty good-but I can't really let go of her for too long. She can pick things up pretty good with her hands. I'm not real good at knowing where children should be developmentally, but I'd guess she's a couple months behind. But -I bet she's going to catch up really quick. If not-they recommend early intervention right away. She has a peds appointment right away after we get home-and I'm sure we'll go over all that.

She has really taken to both Mom and me. She constantly checks to make sure she knows where we are. She's begun reaching for us to be picked up-and of course you've seen her smile. And laugh. She's really very happy and content. The only issue we've had is with sleeping. We can't get her to nap for very long-and at nite she wakes up after a couple of hours and it takes hours to get her back asleep. She doesn't really cry much during all of this-she's obviously tired, but she wants to play and be held. Held while standing/walking/swaying to be precise. She loves to be held and touched. So-thank God mom's here-we're tag-teaming at nite so we can get some sleep.

Crazy weather today-it's like a monsOon out there. I was going to go shopping for a stroller and more baby toys, but I'm going to hold off for a bit.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:07 AM   #35  
New mommy again :-)

Height: 5'2"

Her blog in in my Favorites, too...isn't it great to experience this with her?! I can just feel the mommy/daughter love just by reading her blogs...it's just amazing
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:04 PM   #36  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Julie's posted a little video of Josie. I think they wanted her to sing and dance, but she wasn't up for it. Keep trying Julie!!
Old 05-07-2007, 09:03 AM   #37  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Oh, that video is so sweet. I love hearing JM say, "You wanna come to mama?" I wonder if it still feels weird to her to be called momma? I remember when my oldest was born, my family was referring to me as mommy. It seemed so weird. I still feel really weird when people call me Mrs. Weaver. No, no, that is my MIL, not me! Anyway, how darling.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 09:23 PM   #38  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

There's another update that shows Julie, Josie and Grandma.....I guess Josie is teething and hasn't been sleeping too well. Welcome to motherhood!!
Old 05-07-2007, 10:50 PM   #39  
Let's try this again . .

Joni-because of your comment on the blog-you are my mom's new favorite person!
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 09:37 AM   #40  

Hi Juliemarie!!! I am soooo loving reading your blog...you are just glowing, mommy
Old 05-08-2007, 10:10 AM   #41  
Let's try this again . .

Hey Tina! I guess all the glowing is distracting you from the circles under my eyes! I don't thinks I've ever felt this tired before. And frustrated-Josie flat out doesn't want to sleep. The process of putting her down for naps and for the night takes hours each day. The teething didn't help. Good thing she's so darn cute and sweet otherwise. Stubborn though.

I need to go to bed. We finally got josie down-only took about an hour. I'm about ready to pass out at the computer.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:16 AM   #42  

Just wait until she gets back home to her beautiful bedroom. Once you are in a routine and stable environment, she'll start to sleep better. If not, you learn to live on very sleep. My DD was up quite a few times last night because she was having bad dreams...not sure what triggered that. Josie is a cutie, though...and stubborn?...like her mommy already?...just kidding
Old 05-08-2007, 10:25 AM   #43  
Let's try this again . .

heh-you're not the first person to say that . . .
Old 05-08-2007, 10:26 AM   #44  

Okay, step away from the computer and go TAKE A NAP!!!!!!
Old 05-08-2007, 10:30 AM   #45  
Let's try this again . .

*salutes* yes ma'am!

see-there was half a can of coke light left (that's diet coke to you westerners), and I couldn't let it go to waste. Especially since we've also got some malibu rum . . . .