Old 05-02-2007, 03:40 PM   #16  
On stabilization

Height: 5'5

JM - she is awesome. Congrats to you, and to little Josie too.
hkychik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:59 PM   #17  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Juliemarie, congratulations! She’s absolutely precious and she’s one lucky little girl because you’ll make a great mother. I bet you just have to pinch yourself to realize this is more than just a dream. Thank you for sharing your journey with us and I’m really looking forward to the next chapters! Have a safe trip home.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:46 PM   #18  
LAWL Chick

S/C/G: 191.6/145/135

Julie - I, too, can remember when you first started talking about adopting and now you're a mommy! I'm so happy for you and she is an absolute doll. Enjoy your time in Vietnam and have a safe trip home. I'll be looking forward to hearing all about her in the coming months. My youngest is just a few months older than Josie so maybe once you're home and settled we could get them together to play. Have fun with your daughter!!
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:15 PM   #19  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

She's adorable JM!
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:31 PM   #20  
Jenn, mama to Micki

You guys look great together - she is a DOLL!

Congrats, JM. I watched with tears in my eyes as you held your daughter. She's a blessing. I'm very happy for you.
JennAPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:37 PM   #21  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Thank you guys! She really is so amazing-and doing so well. Although-she had a lot of trouble sleeping last nite. She was so tired-but kept waking up once we finally got her to sleep. Not sure what the issue is-too hot, too cold, tummy troubles . . .Definately quite the adjustment for the both of us. She really loves mom too. She always wants to make sure she knows where each of us is.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:41 PM   #22  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Good to hear from you! She is really in for a big adjustment, isn't she? Well, and you, of course! Hopefully she will sleep better tonight, after having another day to bond and get more comfortable. Enjoy!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:45 PM   #23  
Jenn, mama to Micki

Her sleep will calm down once she settles into a routine. My daughter still has times where she wakes in the middle of the night (at 15 mo).

Also, she's around one year old, right? So, she could be teething her molars, which might cause fusiness and irritability. She's reaching a lot of milestones and is dealing with a great deal of change. The best thing to do to help her sleep is to establish a consistent bedtime routine. We do a bath, massage, jammies, book, bottle and a few minutes rocking and softly singing, then it's bedtime. You don't have to do all of that, but just figure out a routine that works for you and follow it every night, so Josie knows what to expect. Good luck!!
JennAPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:49 PM   #24  
Let's try this again . .

Yeah-I think you're right about a routine-hopefully we can settle into one within a couple of days.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:27 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

with all the changes she is going through she may be looking for security too, when she wakes up she may just be double checking, "do I have a momma, is she still here?" every time you respond it reassures her that "oh yes this is mommy. it will come faster than you would think, when ever my kids went through a clingy stage or a stage where they were looking for reassurance I would just tell myself someday I will want to smother them with lovin's and they will be away at college. My oldest will be 18 next year...... where did the time go!!! hold on to ever second. they are all precious
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 08:50 PM   #26  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Well, if you want any other unwanted parenting advice......here ya go.......just hold her and love her all the time. I am with Lettie......I spoiled the daylights out of my babies........but only with love. I think a routine is wonderful and very helpful......and I use one for sure....now......but my youngest DS was clingy and a pain, and didn't want to let me go EVER........and I just held him all the time, rocked or nursed him to sleep (which all the experts will tell you that that is bad), and often napped with him......and now, at 2 1/2, he is sooo incredibly independant. The thing is..........you just have to do what your intincts tell you to. I know before you had a baby, you knew what everyone else should do with theirs (well, as least I did), and that is what is known as the mothering instinct. We all have it.......the problem usually resides with learning how to listen to it. I bet you guys are just exhausted by this point. Lettie is right.......she will adjust much quicker than you do. I am sure you are wonderful with her......she is so lucky
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:42 PM   #27  
Sara

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/145

Height: 5"3"

Just signed in and wanted to say Congratulations to you and Josie! She is beautiful and you can tell how much you love her. Children are the best gift that God can ever give us. You will and are an awesome mom, just be yourself and the rest will fall into place.
bella mia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:48 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 245/241/185

Height: 5'7

Many congratulations to you and your beautilful baby girl! What a wonderful momma you are. I watched your video's and the one of you holding her is so precious. I totally cried, she's a very lucky little girl! What a wonderful journey you have embarked on, they truely are little angels. Congrats again!
MM07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 09:37 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Got to go see the blog today guys!!! its official! JM has pictures of the signing!

Congrats Julie and Josie,

I LOVE THE PICTURE OF JOSIE WITH THE BIG GRIN!!! IT SAYS IT ALL
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 10:33 AM   #30  
New mommy again :-)

Thanks for the update, Lettie...ever updated picture and video that I see of her and Josie just brings tears to my eyes...I'm so excited for her! And what an adorable smile Josie has...she looks as happy as mommy...definitely a match made in heaven
emmysmom is offline   Reply With Quote