Tell us why.....

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • you decided to lose weight. Let's all reaffirm a little bit, and come up with 7 great reason to lose weight and keep it off. Come all of you lurkers, I am calling you all out!!!
  • 1- I wanna turn heads, stop traffic, etc.
    2- I do not want to be a diabetic.
    3- I do not want to look my age.
    4- I want to feel great.
    5- I want to have boundless energy for my kids, dogs, house, etc.
    6- I want all styles of clothing to look amazing on me.
    7- I want to set a good example for my family.
  • My Reasons
    1. I want to be healthy
    2. I want to run around with my kids
    3. I want to look great
    4. I want to have energy for my husband
    5. I want to shop for clothes anywhere
    6. I want to stop being "the fat girl"
    7. I want to prove to myself I can do it.
  • 1. I want to be healthy
    2. I love buying clothes that don't have an X or a W on the tag
    3. I love having lots of energy
    4. I also do not want to look my age - going to be 30 one month from today
    5. I want to be a fun, active mom - no kids yet, but want them soon.
    6. I want to be able to keep up with my soon 2 be husband - he's very active
    7. I want to look great in that wedding dress!!!
  • 1 - Don't want to be the fat-est Asian I know
    2 - I'm approaching 40s, don't want to look it (I love seeing the shock on people's faces, when I say, I'm 37 years old... )
    3 - Father had diabetic, I don't want it
    4 - Mother always said that I am fat (she once said, that I was so fat that nobody will want to marry me... Since childhood and still says that I'm just too fat all these years).
    5 - To be heathier in general (my right knee use to hurt, but not anymore!)
    6 - Flirted with, turn heads, people in general seem to smile at me more??
    7 - Pretty clothes on clearnce are always the smaller sizes.
  • This is exactly what I needed to see this morning. I've been on my weight-loss plan for three months and have had great success with loosing 31 pounds, but (yes there is a BIG BUT) I'm now starting to "loose" my desire to keep going on the straight and narrow path of following my food program. I'm letting frustrations get the better of me and have started to binge eat again at night when no one is around to see. But (one more BIG BUT), after seeing everyone's seven reasons why they want to loose their weight I'm starting to regain the feelings I had when I first started this journey. I'm curious to hear if others experience the same mid-point self sabatoge routine.
  • Yes Bakersfieldgal, I too "lost" my motivation after 30 pounds. Clothes got loose, compliments coming from all directions... All that made me forget, that HEY! I'm not done yet! I've wasted about 2 months, yoyoing up and down the same 3 pounds... But NOW, as of April 1st, I've "re-committed" myself. And the scale is moving in the right direction! We can do this!!
  • Nancy.. you are SO right.. I started getting comfortable with the loss, compliments and smaller clothes and lost focus around Christmas..

I think I've gotten over that, and am back on track.. As for my reasons....

1. Being in the public eye so much, I was getting sick of seeing my fat face/*** on TV, filling up the screen

2. I work in a business that requires a certain level of physical fitness and I was just barely scraping by.. Also, with people seeing me represent my division, I felt I wasn't doing so appropriately.. Kind of like seeing a fat cop trying to run down the street..

3. Wanting to play with the kids and not have to stop to catch my breath..

4. Wanting to be attractive to my wife... Not that I wasn't, but you know what I mean...

5. Wanting to GET MY MOM OFF MY FRAKKIN' BACK ABOUT MY WEIGHT!!!!!

ON EDIT: Two more reasons...

6. Wanted to wear some of my favorite old clothes again

7. Wanted an excuse to buy more rugby shirts...
  • 1) Want to walk up a flight of stairs comfortably
    2) Want to kick diabetes and get off these meds
    3) Want to kick high blood pressure and get off these meds
    4) Want to avoid the heart transplant my father had
    5) Want to have people look at me again and see the person I am and not immediately assume I'm bad because I'm large
    6) I want a life again
  • My reasons
    Great thread Katie...

1. As I get older (turning 50 this year), I want my illnesses to be age related and not fat-related
    2. It's not getting any easier to lose weight; aging does slow everything down!
    3. Overall appearance is just better when you are in shape
    4. So I can continue to shop in the regular sizes
    5. To look better in all those fricken digital photos everyone keeps taking
    6. So I can retire in 15 years and be in shape to enjoy life!
    7. To embrace healthy eating as a lifestyle vs a chore; I want it to become natural!

Hey - Dan, you owe us two more reasons!!
  • 1) To be able to buy clothes because I like them, not because "they fit".
    2) To be healthy and fit as I enter my (gulp) 40's.
    3) To be able to maintain my active lifestyle without things hurting all the time
    4) To be able to look at a picture of myself and not think that I look awful.
    5) I want cheekbones. Well, they must be there somewhere!
    6) THere's lots of cute golf clothes out there.... and golf season is coming!
    7) For ME!
  • ^^ done Joni.... Sorry...
  • 1. I want to be a good example of healthy eatingfor my girls
    2. I don't want to be an embarrassment to my girls
    3. I don't like being a "big gal"
    4. I want to wear clothes that are in fashion and not look squeezed
    5. I like the energy I've gained just since 20ish pounds
    6. I like compliments--who doesn't?
    7. I like feeling good--not so sluggish and tired all the time.
  • 1. I want to feel pretty again.
    2. I want to stop being described in such a way that my weight is always one of the descriptors.
    3. I want the second half of my life to be spent withOUT a weight problem.
    4. I want to avoid the heart problems from my mom's side of the family.
    5. I want to set a good example for my kids.
    6. I want to be able to wear a bathing suit without embarrassment.
    7. I want to be able to shop right off the rack and KNOW I'll look great in anything I like.
  • 1. I want to be a good example to my daughter.
    2. I want to wear my "skinny" clothes again (even though I didn't feel skinny when I was able to wear them)
    3. I want to be able to have a good workout again and feel strong and healthy afterwards.
    4. I want to look at myself in pictures and not cringe and think "who is that person?".
    5. I want to be able to wear M shirts, pants in the single digits and my pretty bras again.
    6. I want my back to stop hurting.
    7. I want to stop trying to hide myself from everyone and everything because I feel like a "fat girl".