Old 04-10-2007, 06:23 AM   #16  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

For SmartOnes, the one meal I really do like is their Thai chicken with rice noodles--spicy and delicious! They could discontinue all the rest of them and leave just that one meal, and I'd be happy

I bought a few of the Healthy Choice bigger meals--the ones that come with a fruit dessert--and I was appalled at how few veggies they give you in those (and I don't even like veggies!).

I used to do the Lean Pockets, but I now feel there's basically nothing of nutritional substance in them (plus I think they have some icky ingredients in the crust, if I remember correctly--bad oils or HFCS or something). With the LCs, I can at least feel like I'm eating a bit healthier with the veggies, whole grains, and chicken, more like something I would make myself if I had the time (I only buy chicken ones--I don't like beef and don't trust frozen meal fish).
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:09 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 220 / 180/ 160

Height: 5'8"

getting in on this thread here...Do any of you eat these for breakfast? I'm gonna post a thread asking people what they DO eat for breakfast...but I need to change up. I love their paninis and i was thinking one of those for breakfast every day. (btw, i usually only drink water which does flush out the sodium)

Has anyone tried these for breakfast?
Indychick829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:43 AM   #18  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indychick829 View Post
(btw, i usually only drink water which does flush out the sodium)
If you're worried about sodium, I might consult a doctor--I would say enough water can help to flush out some excess sodium, but it doesn't magically make large quantities disappear. I was drinking a minimum of 4 liters (2 big soda bottles) of plain water each day when I was diagnosed with elevated blood pressure at age 22 as a result of too much sodium. Definitely something to keep an eye on.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:46 AM   #19  
Eating for two!

Oh, and before starting another thread asking what people eat for breakfast, you might want to check out this one:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=108970
Old 04-10-2007, 08:29 PM   #20  
Token Vulcan

I think I'm lucky when it comes to sodium because I regularly have low blood pressure (I mean, I get down to like 85/55 and it's not as a result of being athletic or in shape). Salty things are my biggest cravings so I guess you could say it's kind of like being able to "have my 100-calorie cheese nips and eat them, too." Of course, there's the water retention factor but even that I'm glad for sometimes if I don't want to be making trips to the bathroom.

Last edited by trekkiegirl; 04-10-2007 at 08:43 PM.
trekkiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:52 PM   #21  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

I've never tried the Paninis but someone keeps bringing the different variety boxes to share as "food finds" at my WW meeting. Sounds interesting.

I usually do the same old Kashi cereal and soy milk for breakfast or maybe a toasted alternative bagel w/some lean cold cuts and sprouts.

Love the new spa line of LC's, esp. the butternut squash ravioli.

Others I always buy when they're on sale are the chicken cesar pasta bowls and deep dish pizzas. Yum!
melekalikimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:26 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I normally don't eat Lean Cuisines or Smart Ones, etc. every day-but I use them on occasion when I have terrible cravings for something like pizza, and I want to satisfy that craving with built in calorie and portion control.

My favorite is the Lean Cuisine Egg Roll/Vegetable Rice one-I use it for my chinese buffet cravings. I also love the Lean Cuisine Roasted Vegetable Pizza. I have it with DH orders Papa Johns or something and I want to stay out of it.

As far as breakfast-just stay in about a 300 calorie range, and make sure that you are eating 1200 calories a day total at least. If you are eating LC's for lunch and dinner, then I would recommend having other things for breakfast:

-a banana with a tablespoon of peanut butter smeared on it with cup of nonfat yogurt on the side

-a slice of whole grain toast with a tablespoon of peanut butter, and a cup of berries or grapes

-a small portion of healthy cereal and skim milk, fruit on the side if you have the calories left for it (depends on calories in the particular cereal-I like bran flakes, Kashi, raisin bran, etc.)

Just a few ideas...
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:18 AM   #23  
Eating for two!

I don't like the paninis--not because they aren't tasty, but to me, they aren't worth the calories for the amount of food you get. It's really only half a sandwich you get, not a whole one like they show on the box. I can make a much bigger sandwich myself for the same amount of calories.

I agree on the pizza, though--if I have a pizza craving, the frozen diet pizzas are just enough to feed the craving without going crazy (although some varieties have icky crusts, so I have my own personal preferences).
Old 04-13-2007, 09:32 AM   #24  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

When I find them On Sale I get the LC meals for Lunch at work. Another Thing I like thats quick and easy Are Veggie burgers/Veggie Breakfast Sausage You probably need a salad with one to make a meal Breakfast for me is usually 3 slice of LF turkey on Thin WW Bread or in a tortilla or 2% Cottage cheese in the prepacked 4 oz cup and a string cheese
KO is offline   Reply With Quote