LAWL Losers and Friends - April, 2007

You're on Page 1 of 99
Go to
  • Happy April Fools!! Wow, I am the first post...

Has anyone played any good tricks today?
  • Oops my April Fool was posting in the March thread so I've repasted below..
    For my joke I'm going to eat 2lbs of wings and still lose tomorrow at WI!!

Welcome back Debbie.. we MISSED you! So glad to know you will be back and sharing your stories.. way to go on recommiting and doing your best to make great choices.. you go!
    Hope you all have a great day. I'm off to shotgun some aspirin after a 45 minute screaming tantrum from YD (notice I left out the D for darling/dear)... the two girls have been alternating tantrums this week and I am ready for the nuthouse.. if you are looking for me I'll be locked in a rubber room, rocking back and forth and humming
    Joni. can I still trade you for two dogs?
  • April Fools!
    Happy April Everyone! Let's make it a great month - spring is a time for renewals!

You asked about pranks Kristen -- This morning I played a prank on my brother and duct taped a pair of his own underwear over his rear license plate. He has driven all over town and not noticed yet. This is how we operate though. Last year he bubble wrapped my car-- the entire inside! I didn't have time to undo it so I had to drive to work that way.. lol. The year before that I took everything he owned out of his bedroom and loaded it into his car with the exception of his furniture. We'll see if he has time to retailiate this year.

I really did a number on myself on Friday night.. I lost 1.8, but then went out with friends and had a few too many vodkas! I spent most of yesterday hurling. You'd think I'd have learned my lesson in college, wouldn't ya? Today's much better though. April fools on myself!

Off to shower and get the kids out of the house for a while.. probably will go see Blades of Glory today.

Happy April Fools Day!
  • Greetings Losers and Friends.

I have been reading the boards for several months and on the program since January. I enjoy the support, and am ready to take it to the next level. My successes have been slow, at least slower than I want, but I am down about 15 pounds and thrilled with the way my clothes are feeling. I discovered that I was not getting all of my food in, and seldom got two lite in a day, and it really slowed my losses. My losses have been consistent since I am keeping track.

I have an objective of losing ten pounds this month. I hope I can do it. DH and I are going to Manhattan at the end of the month for a romantic getaway.

Could someone please email me privaately, to guide me through tickers and such. I am having some problems getting them to work, and do not want to tie up this board with the mundane.

I am 40, and have a goal of losing 40 pounds by my next birthday!

Thank you to all of you for providing such a positive attitude on this journey.

Happy APRIL from Sunny Nova Scotia!

Peg
  • Kristen - what did YOU do to my darlings to make them throw a tantrum? My poor little ones! LOL. Hope the aspirin did the trick.

OMG Wendy....can't wait to hear what your brother has to say when he finds out what you've done. That is classic and I may have to remember that for next year. LOL, I just read your location "tropical Minnesota!" Very funny. Also, I just tried to go to the 3FC diet blog (as shown under your avatar) and it says it doesn't exist.

Peg/Celtic - if you go to this newbies thread, I think it will help quite a bit.
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70537

Another entry for ticker information is
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...ghlight=Ticker

okay - i'm going to fix my tickers and add an exercise ticker and try to get myself in gear...New month! New resolve!

Jason - I'm impressed to see that you started the new month. WTG!
  • I posted in the March thread..duh! I have copied and pasted below.

Hello my long lost friends and all you newbies!!!!!

Boy have I missed you guys . Life has been super crazy over the last month, I have been traveling non-stop and struggled with staying on the plan. I tried to make good choices and have managed to not gain all the weight back
    My account has been on hold for the last month, I went to the COD last week and told them I was ready to recommitt 110% and did NOT want to hear any negative comments (for those of you who don't know me I am a tad bossy! LOL). Amazingly, the counselors were very supportive and totally pumped me up. I went on Express for 2 days and lost 3lbs so I am almost back to where I had left off!!!

I am so happy to be home and back into my routine and feel that I am mentally in the game. I am weighing out portions and trying my very best to stay POP.

Congratulations to all of you for hanging in there and for all your support.
    While I still have to travel for work I am committed to staying on the plan and MAKING it work!!! I just celebrated the big 40 and for some strange reason (big smile) I am more motivated than ever!!!

I can't wait to tell you guys about my travels but will save it for another post.

Big hugs to all!!!!!!!

Debbie
  • Thanks for the warm welcom Kristen! I am sorry to hear you are having a rough day. I will check the rubber room shortly. Congratulations on your WL. I leave for a bit and you whittle away...sheesh!

Wendy II - Your pranks are hilarious. I wonder if anyone has been honking at your brother? Hope you've recovered from your hangover.

Peg - Congrats for losing 15lbs! I can relate to your post, as I was not getting all my food in and started shying away from measuring portions etc. I travel for work and for the last month have pretty much been gone. I just turned 40 and am determined to get the weight off too!!! We can do this together...I know that following the plan works and that is EXACTLY what I am going to do! Feel free to PM me anytime otherwise I will see you on the board! Good luck!
  • Hey Debbie Nashville...welcome back. Lots of us still around, except Pearl...she's MIA.

I hardly ever go to the main 3FC site, but popped over there and saw they are taking a poll on a 3FC cruise....check it out:
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/index.php
  • Miss me? LOL....

So, since this is a new month I thought I would try something new and recommit myself to the program. I went to the store and bought some POP items and I will do it again...

Love to you all
    Barb
  • Oldies...Kristie, Joni, Barb and newbies...alll great here...This exercise is really helping....plus a little tan helps also. I have to have exercise each day...

my husband and I joined a large health club here...Has pool and spa facilities..so it is real fun..We work out about a hour..and then meet up a half an hour later after we go to the spa, sauna and pool...nice and motivating...Some gals have some great arms there....and mine still like the light of day now...exercise really helps, thats for sure...

You all keep up the good work. this old broadie feels pretty good.....hee hee nance
  • Kristie..you are ripping on the wt. loss...nance....and Dan and Barb and Joni and newbies...wow
  • I am happy I recommitted myself. i just have this fear I am going to fail again... I will try not to, I have to do this!
  • Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh Barb and Nance are back along with Debbie.. YEAHHHHHH
    I've been tantrum free for 7 hours.. it is bliss.. one hour to go before bedtime and I can let myself out of th rubber room!
    Joni the only thing I did was give birth to them! I tried to put them up for sale on Ebay but apparently that is frowned upon.. Lites are okay..children are not!

Love to you all!
  • Barb...you only fail when you give up. I think a lot of us are in the same boat here...have been battling the pounds for a long time. But look at the success of some of your fellow LAWL bloggers. Evette comes to mind. Wow. You can't lose it if you stop trying so just take that first step back and keep going!
  • Barb - I, too, have to get on the bandwagon. I updated my ticker to reflect my latest weight....not a pretty site and just plain stupid. But, I'm very conscious of my bad ways and know my day will come. My pants are snug and not so comfy and seeing the scale move off the 50s was not a pretty site.

Nance - thanks for checking in. You and your hubby sound like you have a lot of fun together. Really sweet. And an hour at the gym is just what all the doctor's order!

Kristen - you don't fool me one bit....you are probably the most awesome mom and your girls are just testing you; you know, prepping you for the dating years.

A couple weeks ago our Sunday paper had an excellent article that talked about how we can stop the normal aging process ... you guessed it; by exercise.

Quote:
    The hard reality of our biology is that we are built to move. Exercise is the master signaling system that tells our cells to grow instead of fade. When we exercise, that process of growth spreads throughout every cell in our bodies, making us functionally younger. Not a little bit younger - a lot younger. When you don't exercise, your muscles let out a steady trickle of chemicals that tell evey cell to decay, day after day after day.

Your body is made up of trillions of cells that live mostly for a few weeks or months, die and are replaced by new cells in an endless cycle. For example, tast buds live only a few hours, white blood cells live 10 days and your muscle cells live about 3 months. Even your bones dissolve and are replaced over and over again. A few key stem cells in eah organ and your brain cells are tehe only ones that stick around for the duration. All your other cells are in constant state of renewal. You replace about 1% of your cells every day and we choose whether those new cells come in stronger or weaker. You choose whethey they grow or decay each day from then on. Your cells don't care which choice youmake. They just follow the directions you send. Exercise, and your cells get strong; sit down, and they decay.