3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers and Friends - April, 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/108701-lawl-losers-friends-april-2007-a.html)

KrispieD 04-23-2007 11:57 AM

Hi gang
I hope that we have one full week with NO sick kids!!
My youngest has been going to the same daycare as Jillian since last June.. three weeks ago she started getting upset when I dropped her off in the mornings one day a week as DH had a schedule change. They always have a great time there and she normally runs into the classroom. She also started dreaming about 3 weeks ago so for the first time in her life is waking up through the night.. Saturday 4 times and most other nights once or twice.. we think she is dreaming? Today both girls are getting ready and she starts to cry, I don't want to go to school, DH asks her why and she said she is scared. This is an incredible school and as I mentioned she's been there almost a year. We took her and my hubby said once the teacher took her she settled, they called us at 10:00 to ask if she'd had a bad sleep or anything as she was on off all morning, playing for 15 minutes then crying the next. The only thing that has changed in her routine is me doing a morning drop off as opposed to daddy, she was home sick one day last week with me and one of the teachers in her classroom left for a new site and a new teacher came in. So for all my teacher/parent pros.. any ideas? I'm pacing the house as they said they would call back but if we were to go get her it sends a message that we would come and pick her up anytime she is upset.. they are in three days a week together and have always loved it.. she's just over 2 so is it a new clingy to mommy phase?? I'm busying myself by making some Minestrone for supper !
Didn't go for my WI today so I can't update you the stabilization until Wed. MIL decided to do some drunk dialin and gave me a nasty phone call on Saturday that had me so upset. DH was out for the night so I didn't want to call him but I was a wreck yesterday.. the little one had also been up all through the night so I was on no sleep.. I wanted to cancel the babysitter that we had booked but DH said no we need to get out so we went to an old fav. restaurant and they had sangria on the menu. I was good with my choices in addition to my liquid fruit :) and had grilled calamari, shared a salad and ordered some Mahi Mahi with vegs. But I know scale was up a bit so thought I'd save myself a mental break and go on Wed in case I was up.
I hope all the sick kids are feeling better, Deb feels good driving, Cassi is loving her jelly beans, Joni, Sara, Angie, Letisha, Shannon, Lea Ann,Dan, Liz, Libby, Lorraine, Wendys and Kims galore and soon to be mommy JM all have a super day!!!

MomOfThreeTeens 04-23-2007 12:05 PM

:mad: :devil: Somebody please tell me this week will be better than the last one!!! I went totally off plan last Monday, easter candy, then sweet and sour shrimp, not too much rice, added my own sauce but it was fried, ugh! Hubby brought it home, I thought it would be grilled, but NOOOO and it was already 8:30 so I ate it anyway. Sooo I've been paying for my cheat all freakin week! Why does the damage we do in one freaking day take a week to get off!

Sorry, just needed to vent! I havent had a week like this since I started and I'm not used to the weight just hanging around to torment me!

Heres to a better week! If not, I'm sticking my head in the oven! LOL

juliemarie 04-23-2007 12:06 PM

Thanks Angie-I'll check them again tonite-I was pretty tired around midnite-so maybe I just missed it. . . .and Letisha-the baggie idea is great, but I would've had to think about that BEFORE I tossed all the nipples into one pot to boil for 5 min .. . . .:D

Oh-and I'll keep the knife idea in mind-doubtful that she'd use a slow nipple at 10 mos old, right? Shame to waste them . . .

Kimphin 04-23-2007 12:06 PM

Kristen - Since I'm not a mommy, I don't have any wise words for you about YDD. Is there another child there that is causing her problems?

Angie - yeah, I partook of liquid fruit right around the time that the grill burst into flames.

KrispieD 04-23-2007 12:19 PM

Kim2.. I have learned since joining LAWL that one of the greatest injustices of the world is the "Cheat Gain".. or as someone else said the "Choose Gain".. I can remember specifically days that I had a glass of wine, or dinner out which I had planned for and went up 4lbs overnight.. when I have strayed from the plan (read MIL setting me up to attack a bag of chips and dip :( ) that I sometimes need about 7 days to get it off.. I know for a fact that not once on any of those times have I consumed an extra 70,000 calories either..
INJUSTICE!!!!!!!! I've said before that if I'm going to see 4lbs up on a scale I want to knwo that I spent the week before indulging in every single one of my former favorite foods and also sampled every flavor of Blizzard the DQueen makes..

Hang in there girlfriend.. PS Next year for Easter I'm hiding grapes and apples for the kids to find.. they won't talk to me at night like the jelly beans and smarties do!

MomOfThreeTeens 04-23-2007 12:29 PM

LOL Thanks for making me smile Kristen! Its just so frustrating. I did To and lost 3 pounds in a week. Was determined that I was going to make my goal by the time I had my surgery, then one nasty day sets all that back, UGH! I'm going to WI today and face the music. I know what you mean about the extra calories. I know one day of being naughty didnt result in enough calories for a 3 pound gain! Knowing that makes it even harder to deal with the extra pounds. Although, that sweet and sour shrimp was heavenly LOL

Now my tushie is in gear. I'm getting as much more off as it's humanly possible to do before May22nd!

Angie 04-23-2007 12:30 PM

Kristen -- My DS has been going to the same daycare since he was 6 months old, and all I can tell you is that he goes through a phase every now and then where he also does not want to stay. I think your YDD and he must be very close in age, he was born January 2005. It's weird, one day I drop him off and before I can even kiss him he says "bye mamma, goodbye", and then the next time I turn around he's wrapped around me begging me not to go. I think the problem comes up about every 4 months or so. I can't figure it out either, and he doesn't understand 'why?' yet, so I can't get him to tell me the reason that this particular day is different than any other. Maybe you could go in, and ask if you could stay with her for the rest of the day, or arrange to stay with her on the next day? Sorry, that's all I can think of.

JM -- You can always gift the slow flow nipples to the Salvation Army or an women's shelter or something. I think you're right, she'll be way beyond those now.

smjezzy 04-23-2007 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrispieD (Post 1664941)
Hang in there girlfriend.. PS Next year for Easter I'm hiding grapes and apples for the kids to find.. they won't talk to me at night like the jelly beans and smarties do!

Hide money. My son loved it when I switched to hiding quarters, dimes, nickels and dollars.

KrispieD 04-23-2007 12:55 PM

How many calories in a quarter? Are they salt free as well?

smjezzy 04-23-2007 12:56 PM

I believe they are a free food. I couldn't find them in my book though. Stupid out of date books.

Mama Nicole 04-23-2007 12:57 PM

JM.......if they aren't marked........you can tell by doing a drip test. There is a noticable difference. You never know what kind of nipple Josie will like. It is all about personality. Some of my kids were chow hounds, and couldn't wait to finish eating.....while others "milked it," (pun intended) for what seemed like forever when I was in a hurry. I breastfed all the kids, so I have no idea how quickly the milk came out......but it is funny to me that one kid would nurse for 10 minutes, while another would nurse for 30 or 40. Also, the daycare kids I had over the years, who were all bottle fed during the days, each had their unique feeding preferences.

I hope this is the fastest week ever for you........but when you are awaiting the arrival of your baby........hours seem like days. Many of us know the agony of waiting for our babies..........and it can seem like torture some days.......but the payoff......yeah, it's priceless. I can't wait to see video and pictures. I wish we could all be there to see your little miracle!!!

Kristen...........now you are just in a sucky situation. I have no advice. I have a terrible time dealing with crying kids. I ALWAYS want to give in and make them feel better. I do not always do that......but I have to fight it sooo hard. DH says I am the world's biggest whimp, but I don't care. All I can tell you is this.........listen to your gut. At two, it is sooo difficult for our kids to communicate with us, and most of the time, all they can really do is cry. So, if you can keep that in perspective, it can make the crying a little less heart wrenching. Also.........Wendy II gave me great mothering advice a whle back, and I cannot remember it word for word......but it went something to the tune of God takes care :) If your older DD is there, is she in the same room as the little one? Maybe she can give you some input. I really have no good advice Kristen, except that you are a fine mommy, and if you are truly concerned that something is wrong.....investigate it. If you think she is trying to let you know that she would rather be at home, and we all know she is a spit fire girl......then wait it out and hug her lots. I know where you are comming from though.........being a mom is such a huge responsibility....the keeping them safe part raises sooo many doubts.......and our DH's kind of leave that up to us.......which SUCKS........but the bottom line is........trust your instincts. And I said I had no advice.......what I really meant is......I have no answers :)
XOXO

Dan2112 04-23-2007 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrispieD (Post 1664997)
How many calories in a quarter? Are they salt free as well?

Salt free, plus they pack plenty of iron! :D

juliemarie 04-23-2007 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan2112 (Post 1665007)
Salt free, plus they pack plenty of iron! :D

Roughage too!

smjezzy 04-23-2007 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliemarie (Post 1665021)
Roughage too!

EXACTLY what I was thinking but was having trouble finding a polite way to say it. Good job.

bizlawchik 04-23-2007 01:17 PM

Hi all. Got some stuff to do at work right away, but I wanted to check in. Jelly bean tasting was easier than I thought. We only had three jelly beans and a whole bunch of other stuff so I still have all my starches!

We tasted salt water, lemon water (that one was like comfort food!), fish sauce, apples, pears, potatoes, jelly beans and other stuff too. We would take a spoonful and swoosh it around in our mouth and try to see where the flavor hit. Different kinds of salt and a cayenne pepper solution too. It was like a wine tasting without the wine. I'm just happy that it was basically all condiments.

On another subject, I made something yummy for dinner last night. Took the really thin flank steak (about 2-3oz for the whole piece and sprinkled with grill seasoning (the salt-o-phobes can use Mortons, pepper and some garlic powder) and put a mixture of 1/2oz mozzarella and 1/2oz parmesan on it and then a handful of raw spinach leaves. Rolled it up to make a pinwheel and put it in a baking dish. 2 pinwheels were one serving and it was 1P,1D,1V. Baked it at 350 for about 20-30 mins. Yum! I think the next time I may make a sauce w/ rf sour cream and dijon mustard to put on top.

OK.. gotta get some work done. I'll check in later.