3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers and Friends - April, 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/108701-lawl-losers-friends-april-2007-a.html)

mamabanana 04-18-2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bajachick3 (Post 1658792)
ok..I am posting,,even when things are not perfect....Sounds like an issue..hee hee..here is the recent deal....up a few pounds last week...but all my clothes are fitting great.....I still work out at least an hour daily and love it. I think I have found my set wt. I wear a (sometimes big) size 16 from the regular department...which is great..Often wear xl...also in regular department....I wore a size 14 in high school....I am glad to have lost about 31 pounds and want to keep it off....but I have run for 40 years and have d worked out daily almost al of my adult life....I am strong and not petite....I give great massages to my hubby...strong as an ox....so thats about it...loving life...I am not a newbie...but have not been on the computer...just loving life.....thanks buddies for all your support..Nance....

It is SO refreshing to hear your shining self image come through, that you are content with who you are and enjoy where you are at. I am 60 pounds less than you and CAN NOT even say the same, so BRAVO TO YOU!!!! I am envious of your peace with your body and proud of you!! I know LOTS of people as small as me who also struggle CONTINUALLY with "the number" and you are a wonderful example. Im going to take a page from you today and say hey, I might still be 137 pounds, but I too, work out at the gym like a dog everyday and my jeans feel and look awesome, so WHO CARES, LOL!!!! Thanks!

Wendelina 04-18-2007 09:43 PM

Look at all the people come out of the woodwork!! Woo hooo!!

Welcome Danette!

Kristen - Loved your list.. that was fabulous.

Wendy - so sorry you're having so much "turbulance"... don't ever be afraid to post if you're having a rough time.. I think we've all found comfort and support here that we never knew was possible.

Ok.. so I need to know if frozen yogurt is a starch or a dairy??? What do you wise people think? I have one of each left tonight - so either way I'm eating the delightful bowl of happiness... but I wanted to know what to count it as..
Anyone..? Anyone..? Bueller...??

equinetcan 04-18-2007 09:44 PM

:welcome2: Danette!!! I am in New Brunswick so we are neighbors.

I don't do the lites either as they bother me. My tummy just doesn't like them at all. I also joined a new center when they first opened. I like them so far except for one couselor and I just hope when I go in I don't get her. All the others are great here in Federicton.

I had a pretty good day. I will suck it up and go to COD tomorrow. I will be up a bit with everything that has been happening here, but I am expecting it. Some is water with Auntie Flo showing her ugly face unexpectedly but I have also been having a very hard time again getting all my servings in. To top it off I dropped my lunch bag yesterday on the way into work into 3" of slush and water. Wouldn't be so bad but my diary was in the outside pouch and got submerged :( . So now I have to ask for a new diary. Lunch was saved though as it was in leak proof containers even if the leak was coming from the outside, not the inside!!!

Hopefully this weekend the weather man is correct in that we are actually supposed to see this thing that I think is called a sun and I believe it throws heat????? We haven't seen it but for 3-4 hours in passing sunday morning past. I want to get this snow gone and be able to go for walks and enjoy them - not freeze my butt off!!!

Dan2112 04-18-2007 09:52 PM

Greetings Danette, from Dan!

Talked to Liz just now and she didn't have time to talk with the COD manager on Tuesday, but is going to try to do that tomorrow...

No WI for me until Friday when I'll stop in at the shop in Santa Fe.. I'm hoping I stayed constant and that a couple of days of light eating will put me in good shape for the Saturday WI at our home COD.

I've been doing pretty good here in Carlsbad, but you know how it goes when you travel and have to eat out at every meal. I've been munching on a lot of veggies and fruit, so here's hoping there's some light at the end of the tunnel.. I did have a beer last night (after saving a starch), but who knows how that went down...

As for now, I'm just bored.. I don't often spend more than a night or two away from home on travel and so now I'm ready to get home...

ElleofALady 04-18-2007 09:54 PM

Kristen- Hot Darn!!! You did it!!!:hug: :carrot: :dizzy: :D Congrats on making it past goal. You can move the scale closer to the back door now.

Wendy II- Alize is a LICKER...I'm spelling it like that because I wasn't sure if the correct spelling was allowed or not. It is oh so good and I will be having some this weekend with some frozen mangos, ff whip cream, and some ff strawberry syrup. It comes in a second close with Cold Stone Creamery's cake batter ice cream.

Liz- I say call the 800# and tell them your situation. You bought those yucky LA Lites, went in for WIs, and stayed OP, as much as possible(you're only human, right?) Everyone's body is different, so they need to give you those weeks back...quickly. Thinking out loud...I really hate CODs! Good luck and stick to your guns!!! Dan has got your back!

Dannette- Welcome to the board! Congrats on losing 10lbs in four weeks!!! What an accomplishment! About the carrots...as Queen Oprah said, "Carrots don't hurt nobody." You have to figure out what works for you but I will say...those mini-cups of fruit...uhm, I don't even give those to my little 3 yr old. She would be bouncing off the walls. I did see like a carb control version of those fruit cups at the grocery store, but it's best to stick to fresh, raw fruits. Good luck and keep testing different foods.

Ok...I've been typing on and off since 8 something and now it is nearly 10...so I must go. BTW, I was down 2 lbs at WI today. That's 2.4 so far this week. I gotta keep it movin'! Good Night!

Joni135 04-18-2007 09:56 PM

Wendy - I would count the frozen yogurt as a Dairy.
Actually, in the new plan someone shared with me, Ice cream (low-fat, no sugar added, light, 1/2C) is listed as a Dairy vs. a starch..........

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH - Sanjaya is out!!!

fan4u2 04-18-2007 10:01 PM

Ok.. so I need to know if frozen yogurt is a starch or a dairy??? What do you wise people think? I have one of each left tonight - so either way I'm eating the delightful bowl of happiness... but I wanted to know what to count it as..
Anyone..? Anyone..? Bueller...??[/QUOTE]

on page 50 in my red book it says nonfat frozen yogurt 1/2 cup 1 starch fron restarant tcby

Thanks for the welcome
Danette

fan4u2 04-18-2007 10:04 PM

this posting is fun but i better start using spell check lol

Joni135 04-18-2007 10:15 PM

Welcome Danette.....you can always go in an "edit" your post to fix typos that bug you...but you'll soon learn that none of us are perfect. A long time ago, probably 25+ pounds ago, poor Kristen typed the word S C L A E instead of scale so it's a constant joke on this thread to see references to the evil "sclae!"

okay - my updated program shows TCBY nonfat, no sugar added frozen yogurt from TCBY as 1 Dairy....so Wendy...take your pick!

Another thing I just read in a program update page was that Carb Cravers are recommened only 1-2 times per week (vs the 1 a day that my old program book says you can do.)

Angie 04-18-2007 10:17 PM

I'll take 1-2 times per week over never any day!

fan4u2 04-18-2007 10:20 PM

Thanks for the Welcome

Do they change the plan often?:(
To get us confused

Dan2112 04-18-2007 10:21 PM

I've been really trying not to do CC's at all.. It seems they only get me into trouble.. And since our favorite COD counselor told us that even though pizza is on the list, she recommends not eating it at all..

I figure if I can ditch the fries and the chips, I can live without pizza on a regular basis too..

Dan2112 04-18-2007 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fan4u2 (Post 1659008)
Thanks for the Welcome

Do they change the plan often?:(
To get us confused

Danette..
As with everything in life, the plan creators are always fussing with it to make it more effective. From what I gather, current LAWL menus and plans differ quite a bit since its inception.. I, for one, am very happy that they're always trying to improve it.

Also, as your weight drops past certain milestones, you'll be switched to different colored plans which will better suit your body weight, level of physical activity, etc...

mamabanana 04-18-2007 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LottaMe2MiniMe (Post 1658999)
Welcome Danette.....you can always go in an "edit" your post to fix typos that bug you...but you'll soon learn that none of us are perfect. A long time ago, probably 25+ pounds ago, poor Kristen typed the word S C L A E instead of scale so it's a constant joke on this thread to see references to the evil "sclae!"

okay - my updated program shows TCBY nonfat, no sugar added frozen yogurt from TCBY as 1 Dairy....so Wendy...take your pick!

Another thing I just read in a program update page was that Carb Cravers are recommened only 1-2 times per week (vs the 1 a day that my old program book says you can do.)

Wow, is there anything else new which is as equally exciting as ice cream counting as a dairy that we should know about?! My center is gone and my contract is long expired:( Do tell!

Seagal 04-18-2007 10:29 PM

CONGRATULATIONS KRISTEN!!!! YEEE-HAWWWW!!!