3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers and Friends - April, 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/108701-lawl-losers-friends-april-2007-a.html)

JLem311 04-18-2007 11:17 AM

yay kristen! :) so excited that you made goal! what a inspiration you've been to me! :) whooo hoo!

smjezzy 04-18-2007 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrispieD (Post 1657984)
Okay I'm back...hold the applause, tears and jubiliant jumping up and down.
I think my TOM sent me close to the loony bin.. The kids were having tantrums, my outlaws are driving me crazy, and I went up last week despite being POP and only had till Friday to meet goal in order to get rebates. Add to that both kids being sick AGAIN.. one or both have been home at least one of their school days the last 5 weeks so I'm so behind work wise it's insane... but alas a ray of light!
I was 161.2 on Monday and went in today..................158.8 so at last, it's happened.. I MADE GOAL!!!! another 8 lbs and it would be 100lbs I've lost from my heaviest.. 61 of them on LAWL. So my sanity is starting to return.. I'm in a much happier place today.. ohhmmmm ohhhhmmmm ohmmmmm
and back to the boards! Now I'm going to find a bunch of experts that can help me write a book called Smarties and Self Sabotage to explain why we crash when we are doing well on program.. stay tuned for autographed copies
You are all doing well.. Nicole... you have already lost 1/4 of the little add on you were worried about!
I will be back to do personals soon but had to check in as I thought I heard a helicopter hovering and suspected Joni, Kim and Nicole were looking for my house!

WTG!!! How proud are you? Big congrats and I'm very excited for you. It actually was those 3, I heard them whispering about a covert operation. Glad you checked in, God knows what was next. <shiver>

katiebug77 04-18-2007 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smjezzy (Post 1658029)
WTG!!! How proud are you? Big congrats and I'm very excited for you. It actually was those 3, I heard them whispering about a covert operation. Glad you checked in, God knows what was next. <shiver>

Yeah, and Sodium Sherriff Dan was close behind :)

Angie 04-18-2007 11:35 AM

Libby – I’m in the same boat, but it’s all based on my on again-off again attitude lately. If I were you, I’d try red again for a week or two and see how it goes. Surely you’ll still lose at least a pound a week on it when you were at 2.9 before. Your new job sounds awesome. It’s funny because that’s a field I’d considered before whenever I dreamed of leaving my job. I love painting and doing faux finishes. The new assignment sounds intriguing…lots of variety and techniques to try!

Deb – I love your haircut too!

Nicole – On that subject, getting my hair cut, or changing the colour is something I do often when I need a little pick me up. If you’re not ready to cut, how about a color wash or different highlights? It makes me feel pampered to get my hair done. Wooowooo! 3.4lbs is awesome, wtg on making it through!

Kim – Can we see your hair with the bangs grown out please? See my post to Nicole…I love picking cuts and having my hair done…it’s ALMOST as good as going for a massage or something.

KrispieD 04-18-2007 11:36 AM

I still need to have a chat with Sodium Dan.. according to my calculations there is definitely salt in the queso with sausage?

Dan... would you like to enter a plea at this time????????

Angie 04-18-2007 11:40 AM

:carrot: :hug: :cb: :cp: :flow1: :cloud9: :encore: :broc: :cheer: :celebrate:
CONGRATULATIONS KRISTEN!!!
:yay: :woo: :cheer: :broc: :sunny: :congrat: :cheer2: :grouphug: :flow2: :goodvibes :bravo:
Way to go on reaching your goal. You rock!

lacorso 04-18-2007 11:42 AM

I also have been MIA...have been having lots of stress in my life lately...
anyhow, i went to WI for the first time in 10 days and i am now down 13.4 lbs and i lost a total of 5-3/4 inches...
congrats to all of you on your successes

zambejaly5 04-18-2007 11:43 AM

YAY Kristen!!!! Can't wait to see what that feels like. So was it this Friday that you had to make goal by? so you beat it by two days? Might even be down a little more by then. I want to hear all about Stabilization and Maintenance, as you go through it, I can't wait to get here myself! Time for a Cyber party here !!!!! Just think we can bring what ever Cyber food we want and eat as much as we want and no calories!!!! So I am bringing, 7 layer Dip and tortilla chips, and I will make you a homemade cheese cake! everyone take a piece!!:congrat: :congrat: :congrat: :congrat: :congrat:

LizzyW 04-18-2007 11:48 AM

Morning everyone,

Kate - Can't believe the wedding is this close. I am so happy for you. Definitely show us some pics.

Joni - Congrats on the WO's. I know how it feels when your dog gets right in your face and plants a big one. When I am lying in bed, our little dog sleeps between us and loves to give me good night kisses constantly. LOL. Give my best to Charlie. I hope he does well with his therapy today.

Katie - I hope Savannah is doing better. I know what it is like to have a dog hurt. I do hope that your blood pressue, or was it sugar, gets better. I have written down blood pressure, but am thinking blood sugar. You see I have to take notes when I do personals and I don't even get my notes right LOL.

Michelle - Congrats on the FF. Day 2 should go ok. Keep it up. As for Boston Market, I love that place. I would be so tempted to eat the bread too. It is so good. I did do that once and then realized it wasn't allowed. Haven't done it since. I usually make sure I say no bread.

DenverChick - I know what it is like to be stuck. Again, I have been losing the same lb for 3 weeks now I think. I was changed to Gold early because I had stalled. Now I seem to be stalling again. I have been POP for the passed 4 days and was still up .2 lbs yesterday. Go figure.

smjezzy - Low sodium, really? I would rather it be that I guess than my blood pressure being up. Good luck with that and let us know.

Latisha - Congrats on the 1 lb loss. I am jealous.

Nicole - Congrats on the 3.4lb loss. I am even more jealous. I would be happy with just one like Latisha. You go girl.

Kristen - Love your avator. congrats on reaching your goal. You are awesome. Do keep in touch with us. And even stay through maintenance. We could all use the boost of confidence.

As for me, I was up .2lb yesterday after being completely POP for 3 days. I just don't get it. I have been measuring and not sneaking cookies and drinking all my water. What is up? Now they are again saying I need to buy more weeks. The weeks are at 4.99 a week, but still, I am confused at what to really do. Dan says I should hold my guns and not buy more weeks, but at the same time, I wasn't always POP either. So it isn't all their fault. But at the same time, I paid to lose over 50lbs already and have not. What do you all think I should do?

I better get to work. I am thinking of everyone and hoping everyone has a great POP day.

Liz

katiebug77 04-18-2007 11:49 AM

Great job on your weight loss!!! Remeber those inches and pounds really do add up. Keep it up!

katiebug77 04-18-2007 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katiebug77 (Post 1658083)
Great job on your weight loss!!! Remeber those inches and pounds really do add up. Keep it up!

Sorry, my last post was for Linda! There are so many of us posting at the same time.

Liz - Don't get discouraged. You are doing great! And you have a wonderful husband supporting you. Hi Dan!

Joni135 04-18-2007 11:55 AM

Congrats to Kristen.:carrot: :carrot:
I knew you could do this.....wow....and did you get your rebate? Bet they don't have to hand that over very often!!!
Sorry you had such a tough week, but at least you got a little good news blended in with all the bad. We did miss you and had a few shout outs, but you weren't gone long enough to warrant a full blown search party. Almost, but not quite.
Anyway....so very proud of you and all that you have accomplished. Are you happy with your current weight or are you itching to hit the 100 lb mark just for yucks. Okay, I'm proud and oh so jealous! You rock.

JLem311 04-18-2007 11:58 AM

ok, i got my workout in for the day! :) yay! 2 down for this week and 1 more to go! i think i might even go for 4 workouts this week. wow, never thought i'd say that!

liz--i think i agree with dan and i wouldn't buy anymore weeks. you paid to lose 50 and haven't yet, so they should still counsel you and allow you to come to the center free of charge. what does the head manager say? idk, that's just my 2 cents.

Joni135 04-18-2007 12:04 PM

Hi Liz....are you missing Dan the Man?
Quote:

As for me, I was up .2lb yesterday after being completely POP for 3 days. I just don't get it. I have been measuring and not sneaking cookies and drinking all my water. What is up? Now they are again saying I need to buy more weeks. The weeks are at 4.99 a week, but still, I am confused at what to really do. Dan says I should hold my guns and not buy more weeks, but at the same time, I wasn't always POP either. So it isn't all their fault. But at the same time, I paid to lose over 50lbs already and have not. What do you all think I should do?
Re read your contract and see what there guarantee is all about (I honestly cannot remember). If you have been going to WIs and talking to your COD all along, but the plan hasn't been as successful for you as they advertised, they should be willing to work with you. You may want to PM Moderator Cassi (bizlawchick) and get her take on this....she'll know what to tell you. She's pretty busy though and doesn't seem to have a lot of time to read through all the daily chatter, so she has said if you really need or want her to know something to PM her.

All that being said, if you really do enjoy your center and you think the weigh ins hold you accountable and keep you on track, I can tell you this. $4.99 a week is a lot better than WW which currently charges about $15 a week. If my COD had offered more consistent support and not hired some rather interesting counselors, I may have considered continuing. As it was I decided to go it alone and now I'm up about 7 lbs. But then, I don't have Dan the Man watching over me either. I think he may be about the best counselor around.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Mama Nicole 04-18-2007 12:10 PM

WHOOOOHOOOOOO Kristen!!!!!!!!

I am sooo proud of you!!! WTG on actually making goal ON TIME. I only had this one second, but just had to take the time to congratulate you!!! Sorry about the helicopter. You know how we get :)
XOXO