3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers and Friends - April, 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/108701-lawl-losers-friends-april-2007-a.html)

smjezzy 04-16-2007 09:55 AM

[QUOTE=Dan2112;1653423]But the damage came in the form of a queso that was just SO DAMN addictive, I had to have some.. Now.. I'm not talking about a bowlful here, but I had a good sized handful of chips (no more than 12) dipped in the queso.. Oh.. Did I mention the queso had sausage in it..

QUOTE]

Mmmmm.....queso.............

Katie - Have you tried throwing an orange in. They are really high in sugar. Maybe that will help. It's weird that your bs drops, mine skyrockets after meals. Did you say you did have type ii diabetes?

I too had a sorta bad weekend. For some reason I don't want to eat normal meals on the weekends and I want to snack. I had 2 of those little bags of doritos on Saturday. They are 120 calories but I know they are high in everything else I don't need, I counted them as starches. I also had major cravings for pizza...thankyoudan...so I made it instead of ordering out (sunday). I did use reduced fat cheese but everything else was probably bad. I used canadian bacon on my side and pepperoni on my son's side. It had black and green olives, onions hb meat. I counted it as all my starches for the day. It was probably off the charts for dairy, the sauce was probably not good but I didn't know how to count it. Used up the fat for the olives (plus it was pizza joint purchased dough so I dunno what kind of lard was in there). All in all I had no clue how to count it so I put 1 veggie (onions) and just filled in everything else. Again, I don't eat right on the weekends so I had everything left. but we'll see on what kind of damage I did. I had 2 slices. It was a medium size crust so the pieces were a reasonable size.

I think that's all the cheating I did. I was really craving sugar this weekend for some reason. I think I was just craving a royal cheat fest so I guess I'm happy I kept it down to pizza and doritos. Oh and I think I know why I was craving. Surprise visit from my special Aunt. Have any of you noticed a difference in the frequency of the TOM? Any difference at all? I seem to be having them more often, used to be once a month now it's every 3 weeks it seems like. I know increased exercise will change it some but that seems a substantial change to me.

OK back to pondering Dan's queso encounter.......... : )

OH one other exciting thing from WI - they finally measure me again. I've lost 1.5 inches in my bust, 2 inches in the waist, 1 inch in the hips and 0 from thighs! WOOHOO. I can't really see any difference yet but the tape says it's working so I'm happy!

emmysmom 04-16-2007 10:36 AM

Happy Monday Everyone!!!:carrot:

I've been lurking all weekend just trying to find that motivation to make it though the weekend. I made it through my party okay. I did have a small tea roll and put turkey on that and a small piece of cake. I just overdid it with the amaretto and diet cokes (yummmm)...only 2 though. Then I had pizza on Saturday night, but I did count it as a CC. WI this morning was down 1 pound from Friday, so I'm satisfied.

Megan - I'm doing the six week challenge that some of you did a few months ago. I was just wondering, when you replace a meal with a shake, do you count a "meal" as 1P and 1S?

Dan - Wow!!! I wish that I could lose as well as you are. You're doing great! Keep up the good work!

To everyone else - here's to a POP week! Glad to see we all had a nice weekend in general. Put the small cheats behind us and move forward!;)

katiebug77 04-16-2007 11:02 AM

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Wow, it seems as if everyone had somewhat of a rough weekend, foodwise. I too had some trouble yesterday. I am moving past it and reminding myself that today is a new day. Here's to a POP week guys, we can do it!

Angie 04-16-2007 11:22 AM

Wendy II – What a great pic in your avatar! Love it; you’re looking fabulous.

I had trouble this weekend too. There were some good decisions, but the bad ones feel SO BIG now that I’m more conscious of them. Actually, I had pizza, so I know it’s allowed as a CC, but it was from Pizza Hut, and I find their crust sooo oily (and yummy). I need to get back on track sometime, so it might as well be today. I’m skipping WI today, will go tomorrow instead to give myself an extra day of goodness. I can’t take seeing another increase at the moment.

pjbeau 04-16-2007 12:11 PM

Good Morning!

:dancer: :dancer: My biopsy came back negative!! :woohoo: I am so relieved to have this drama over. Now, I can get back to focusing on looking good for vacation in May. :beach:

Also, FIL is out of ICU and on the mend. :carrot:

I'm way behind on my reading, so I'll have to go back and catch up through the weekend. I wasn't POP this past weekend, but I don't think I totally blew it. Time to buckle down and get-r-done. :club:

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: Your support has been amazing...you are such special people. You definitely helped me keep my sanity in the last month.

smjezzy 04-16-2007 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pjbeau (Post 1654941)
Good Morning!

:dancer: :dancer: My biopsy came back negative!! :woohoo: I am so relieved to have this drama over. Now, I can get back to focusing on looking good for vacation in May. :beach:

Also, FIL is out of ICU and on the mend. :carrot:

I'm way behind on my reading, so I'll have to go back and catch up through the weekend. I wasn't POP this past weekend, but I don't think I totally blew it. Time to buckle down and get-r-done. :club:

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: Your support has been amazing...you are such special people. You definitely helped me keep my sanity in the last month.

I am so very happy for you. What a relief that must be. Just good news all the way around.

zambejaly5 04-16-2007 12:17 PM

:carrot: :wave: :angel: :bravo: :bravo: :cp: :dancer: :flow1: :cb: :grouphug: :hyper: :encore: :cheer2: :congrat: :broc: :cheer: :yay: :celebrate: :balloons: :belly: :carrot: :wave: :angel: :bravo: :bravo: :cp: :dancer: :flow1: :cb: :grouphug: :hyper: :encore: :cheer2: :congrat: :broc: :cheer: :yay: :celebrate: :balloons: :belly: :carrot: :wave: :angel: :bravo: :bravo: :cp: :dancer: :flow1: :cb: :grouphug: :hyper: :encore: :cheer2: :congrat: :broc: :cheer: :yay: :celebrate: :balloons: :belly: :carrot: :wave: :angel: :bravo: :bravo: :cp: :dancer: :flow1: :cb: :grouphug: :hyper: :encore: :cheer2: :congrat: :broc: :cheer: :yay: :celebrate: :balloons: :belly:

yea!!!!!!!!!! Paula I am so happy for you!! that is so wonderful!!

NOW GET BACK TO BUSINESS!!!! and lets start losing!

katiebug77 04-16-2007 12:18 PM

:hug: Paula - I am SOOOOOO Happy for you!!!!

Kimphin 04-16-2007 12:28 PM

Great news Paula - I'm glad you don't have that to worry about anymore!

MomOfThreeTeens 04-16-2007 12:29 PM

Paula, glad things turned out so well! Hang in there chickie, you'll get back on track!

Joni135 04-16-2007 01:24 PM

Paula - Great news and thanks for sharing with us. What a sigh of relief for you. Also glad to hear your FIL is making progress.

Tina - the shakes do count as 1 Protein and 1 Starch.

Shannon - great job on those falling inches. I can't help you with your TOM question. I went three months without one, but I'm pre-meno so I'm sure it has more to do with that than the diet.

NICOLE.......aren't you back yet?

Juliemarie - When do you leave for your trip....is it next week?

Have a great POP day everyone.

Mama Nicole 04-16-2007 01:41 PM

Hi everyone :) I'm back from Wisconsin. All is ok there..........and I am just going crazy trying to get things back to normal around here. I am going to go pick up my DD from school in a second, and then........I am going to sit down with a nice big cup of coffee and start reading. I am on page 39.......so it may take a bit, but that's ok. I am so happy to be home, and sooooo excited to start catching up on here. I missed you all sooo much.
XOXO

JLem311 04-16-2007 01:51 PM

paula--what great news! :)

not much going on today. just got off work a little bit ago, it was a typical monday. not too exciting, but not too boring.
not much to report. i really wanted some french fries last night and i didn't cave! i had a great taco salad (made with the spicy black bean burgers) instead. dh asked me how guilty i would feel if i gave in to my craving and how much exercise i'd have to do to fix that slip...and i realized that it's not worth it. so, i'm proud of myself for that. it's getting close to TOM though, so i know why i'm having all those naughty cravings.

i did give in a bit and got some ff ice cream and diet rootbeer and made floats..it was OP and yummy! :)

i think i'm going to nap..but first a workout! (wow, can't believe i said that!)

have a good rest of the day!

btw, HI NICOLE! glad to see you back! :)

smjezzy 04-16-2007 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLem311 (Post 1655128)
paula--what great news! :)

not much going on today. just got off work a little bit ago, it was a typical monday. not too exciting, but not too boring.
not much to report. i really wanted some french fries last night and i didn't cave! i had a great taco salad (made with the spicy black bean burgers) instead. dh asked me how guilty i would feel if i gave in to my craving and how much exercise i'd have to do to fix that slip...and i realized that it's not worth it. so, i'm proud of myself for that. it's getting close to TOM though, so i know why i'm having all those naughty cravings.

i did give in a bit and got some ff ice cream and diet rootbeer and made floats..it was OP and yummy! :)

i think i'm going to nap..but first a workout! (wow, can't believe i said that!)

have a good rest of the day!

btw, HI NICOLE! glad to see you back! :)

You can have ice cream on this diet? Why was I not told? Is it a dairy or fat or starch or what?

JLem311 04-16-2007 02:11 PM

shannon--i'm on red and my book says for 1/2 cup of nonfat, sugar free ice cream is 1 starch! :)