3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   LAWL Losers and Friends - April, 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/108701-lawl-losers-friends-april-2007-a.html)

lacorso 04-02-2007 10:02 AM

happy april to all...congrats on all of your losses....

Deb..great job on the cookbook!!...its awesome, cant wait to try the recipes:drool:

i was a bad girl at work and ate Lays BBQ potato chips...couldn't eat just one...they were so darn good..i think i had about 3 handfulls...anyways, they gave me the worst tummy ache...not used to the junk anymore, which is a good thing...wont do that again...:tied: :rollpin:

my DS is home sick from school with a fever of 102...i worked all night, going to bed now and taking him to the doc when i get up...

Joni135 04-02-2007 10:10 AM

Angie - WTG on the 4+ lb loss!! Your loss was my gain. LOL! But I'm working on it.
Kristen - with all the work you're doing around your house, you'll burn off those last few ounces in no time. Boy, you wasting no time getting your house ready to sell.
Nicole - I love strawberries too...especially in a frozen margarita!

hdsqrl 04-02-2007 10:23 AM

Dan, I overdid it at the movies this weekend, too. Actually, I overdid it ALL weekend, and wound up eating out every night (grr), and didn't get in all my fruits or lites each day. I'm hoping against all hope that the missing lites and fruits will balance out since I overdid it on the other things. Shame, shame.

Oh, and I had 3 mini-martinis on Sat as well....they were sooooo good, though, and I can't really say I'm sorry, heh.

My home scale has only shown an increase of .5 so far, but I know it takes a couple of days for it all to show, so....am downing the HLW this morning and will see what I can do to get back on track!

:carrot:

OH! And since my unspoken goal was to get to 175 before I got my new back tattoo, and I finally made it at home at least, my appointment is scheduled for Monday to at least get the outline done! :woohoo: I'm excited!!!

Dan2112 04-02-2007 10:33 AM

What kind of tat are you going to get? Flaming skull? Fire breathing dragon? Hawaiian hula girl? :lol:

Boo'sMom 04-02-2007 10:40 AM

Morning ALL!!! Happy April--what beautiful weather we are having so far (knock on wood--in the panhandle it could be snow tomorrow!) Honestly--last week I sunburned on Tuesday during PE and it snowed on Friday--ugh.

Nothing to report--enjoy reading everyone's posts. Glad I am not the only one up--still in ticker denial but I will admit it's 5 pounds off! Misery loves company. My fault and only I can change my eating habits.

Hope all is well with everyone today--have 5 hellions--2 of which their parents decided to try "med free"--it's not pretty!

hdsqrl 04-02-2007 10:46 AM

I currently have a 3-inch diameter dragon on my right shoulder blade...I am going to get that one enhanced a bit, and then will get some kind of a foliage/biomechanical something extended down to about waist-level on the same side. The artist we go to does EXCELLENT free-hand work along that line...my DB went in to get something covered up and was in awe of what this guy came up with just off the top of his head. So I have an idea of what I want, and he'll just draw something on me and if I like it, we'll make it permanent.

smjezzy 04-02-2007 10:47 AM

Morning everyone and Happy Monday!!! Ugh.

I have a question. I made a variation of a southbeach recipe this weekend and I need to know how to count it. The recipe was 1 small carton egg beaters, 1 pkg frozen brocolli, handful of rf 4 cheese mix, 1/2 small onion, 1/2 bell pepper, hot sauce, mortons salt. Mix together and cook in muffin tins (small). It makes 16 quiche cups (small muffins). How would that count? I was going to count 2 of them as 1 P, 1 V, 1 D. Is that reasonable or shoudl it be for each cup? Remember it's the small muffin tins so they turn out to be about 1" x 1".

ElleofALady 04-02-2007 10:59 AM

Hey Everybody! Sounds like everyone is having a good day. I am still psyched about my weight loss last week. I think I maintained over the weekend. Tried the Pirates Booty and LOVED it, a bit too much. I bought a bag Friday and it is half full. Oh well. We will see at WI today.

Glad to see some of the "oldies" returning.

Barb- No one here is going to validate that you are a failure. So give that up, girlie. Just start fresh.

Wendy II- Your family sounds like it has so much fun.

Deb- Thanks for the cook book! It will be put to use!

Jillian- Congrats on your awesome weight loss last week! There must be something in the "Southeast" waters.

Kristen- Hope your daughter gets better soon! And...I know you will meet your goal within a day or so. Pre-Congrats!

And hello to everybody else! I have to open another tab to do personals byt I am in a rush! I will catch up later! TC

smjezzy 04-02-2007 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdsqrl (Post 1636093)

OH! And since my unspoken goal was to get to 175 before I got my new back tattoo, and I finally made it at home at least, my appointment is scheduled for Monday to at least get the outline done! :woohoo: I'm excited!!!

I know - get a really fat girl tatoo so when you lose all your weight she'll be skinny too!

Dan2112 04-02-2007 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smjezzy (Post 1636133)
Morning everyone and Happy Monday!!! Ugh.

I have a question. I made a variation of a southbeach recipe this weekend and I need to know how to count it. The recipe was 1 small carton egg beaters, 1 pkg frozen brocolli, handful of rf 4 cheese mix, 1/2 small onion, 1/2 bell pepper, hot sauce, mortons salt. Mix together and cook in muffin tins (small). It makes 16 quiche cups (small muffins). How would that count? I was going to count 2 of them as 1 P, 1 V, 1 D. Is that reasonable or shoudl it be for each cup? Remember it's the small muffin tins so they turn out to be about 1" x 1".

At first blush, I'm not sure how you'd count it, but they sure sound good!!

smjezzy 04-02-2007 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan2112 (Post 1636222)
At first blush, I'm not sure how you'd count it, but they sure sound good!!

I actually like these better than the original recipe. In the original you were supposed to use spinich but I really am not a big spinich person so I thought I'd give the brocolli a shot and it's really much better. You do have to use the hot sauce though cuz these egg beaters aren't very good as far as I'm concerned.

Joni135 04-02-2007 11:48 AM

Dan - great new photo....Liz has herself a real looker!!

SMJezzy - I would think four of those little quiches would count as 1P, 1V (I don't think you have enough dairy in there to count any dairy...plus it's FF cheese vs low-fat.) To be sure, you can PM Mama Nicole and ask her to send it to the LAWL Online Chef Police. They do sound good and would make a nice easy breakfast.

Morning LeaAnn - Just call me "misery" and I'll call you "company." Sounds like we are both in the same boat these days. But, I'm five hours into my day and still doing good.....yeah, Joni.

Mama Nicole 04-02-2007 11:50 AM

Hey everyone..........did Cassi start culinary school today? For some reason I am thinking today is the day........

So I had a morning from ****.........to be brief (please stop laughing, as we all know I am not so hot at being brief).....I only lost 0.4 lbs this week.....then hoped on the computer to realize that I had forgotten to pay the gas bill.......then YDD was late to school...........and ODD tried to play sick. I dragged her out of bed and told her she was going no matter what.........and actually pulled it off........she is at school.

On a good note............YDS, who was pooping on my floors for the last two weeks, finally decided last night to go on the potty. It was the funniest thing.........I have been patient, and haven't said much of anything (most times......I'm no where near perfect) each and every time he made a gross shi*** mess............and kept thinking......tomorrow will be the day.........and low and behold, last night he looked up at me and said, "mama.........poop in the potty." So, we rushed to the toilet........gave him his privacy..........and he did it. He did it again this morning. Here is a funny tip..........and if I shared it with you potty training mama's already.....forgive me for repeating..........but after potty training many many children (home daycare days + my 5).........I just realized with YDS that some kids simply cannot "go" with an audience. It only makes sense........none of us would want to be watched..........so when he seemed somewhat aprehensive........I aksed him if he wanted me to shut the door......and he looked soooo relieved.......and then within 1 minute........he announced his accomplishment. Also.........I did try one of the mom's acts of desperation (sounds like a chapter title, doesn't it??).......and told him a few days ago that if he went, I would give him a blow-pop. Well, yesterday when he was about to go, I told him, "and remember, mama will give you a blow pop after you go,"........and he got so excited they he did it, and at my positive reaction to him going........he forgot about the blow pop. (only makes sense.......the real reward of going on the potty is not a blow pop). I really struggled wondering if I should give it to him anyway...........but I opted not to. I am so glad I didn't give it to him.......cuz he went like he has been doing it his whole life this morning........so I may have to add this to my chapter called Pooping for Presents.

Ok, wow......thanks.........I feel so much better..........you all (this little group of losers) are like the world's best friend :) I seriously wonder some days what I would do without ya ;)

It's only 10:50, and I have already had lunch.......do you think that is a bad thing??? LOL

I have to get to work.............XOXO

Mama Nicole 04-02-2007 11:53 AM

hooray, Joni..........5 hours..........sometimes you have to count success by the hour........Pearl was always good at reminding us of that :) I PM'd her too.......no response. I'm sure she'll be back one day, like no time had passed. After my BS loss this week.........I am going to have a hard time staying positive........but if you can do it..........I can do it :)

Barb316 04-02-2007 11:54 AM

Good morning everyone. I thought i would check in... I packed a POP lunch today. I am gong to work very hard at getting this doen right this time~
I will catch up later!