Old 04-06-2007, 08:36 AM   #361  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Kristen - if you did mention your converting to the Catholic church, I didn't know about it. That's wonderful for you and your family, and how special is it to baptized right there with your children. Have a wonderful weekend with family and my fingers and toes are crossed that the last pound will be history after this weekend.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:54 AM   #362  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Paula - egads....put some padding on your walls and don't leave the house this weekend....just kidding. I'm glad your DH is okay and I'm sure your results will come back fine as well. We're here for you.

Allanah - glad you and the ex are clearing the air. From experience, I know it's hard to move on sometimes, but move on we must. From what little you've said about your ex, I want to say you are in a much better position without him. You may not realize it yet, but you are! So, is there any chance the furkid can stay at your place vs you always having to go to HIS place? Sort of a joint custody arrangement? Just curious.

Debbie (Nashville) - great loss for the week. Sorry your COD was such a pain, but at least you knew how to handle them (makes me feel sorry for the uninformed newbies!!).

Dan - I may have missed this, but can you explain your siggy - "Go Somewhere Else in 2007 - www.marillion.com"

Wendy II - I can't believe you said that "...marsha, Marsha, MARSHA.. Welcome!!" My DH uses that line all the time when we get togehter with our friend named Marsha...lol.

Hi Sara -- glad you are back. Who's the cutie in your avatar.......?

In case anyone missed it from the hungry girl site: FOUR all-new amazing flavors to the Wish bone Spritzer lineup. In addition to the Italian, Red Wine Mist and Balsamic Breeze vinaigrettes, there are now the following ones, as well: Asian Silk, Raspberry Bliss, French Flair, and Caesar Delight!

Morning to Nicole, Cassi, Evette, LeaAnn, Shannon, other Wendy, Jillian, Katie (I think she's camping already??), and everybody else. Once again, I need to TRY to limit my play time today and get a lot of work done. Oh, who am I fooling....I'll check in later!
Old 04-06-2007, 09:05 AM   #363  
Kate - LAWL since 10/06

S/C/G: 211.0/154.2/130.0

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning guys. I just wanted to check in really quick, don't know how much time I have to play as I have SO MUCH work to do.

Kristie - How great that you are getting baptised with your girls. Have a great weekend!! I just iknow that last pound will come off for you.

Debbie - Sometimes visits to the COD can be rough. Way to get through it. Hopefully next time, you will be able to see a counselor you like.

Paula - So glad to see you. My goodness your plate is full. You are so strong. I will definitely be thinking about you. Hope your husband recovers soon. Hugs.

Wendy II - I did it!!! It took everything I had to get my butt to the gym, but I made it there. I had an awesome workout! I feel so much better. Thanks for the kick in the hiney.

Nicole - DF tried the peep thing in the microwave. Very funny, very sticky too. And I did not eat one. I figured the two I ate at work were enough for one day.

Everyone else, have a great day!!!
katiebug77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:23 AM   #364  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Hi guys! No, not camping yet, just crazy busy! We are leaving this afternoon. We were supposed to pull our camper out to our spot last night, but our lights will not work, so I am going to do it this afternoon. Pray for me. I finished TO really well. No cheating! Just a deep seated fear of starving to death, LOL. The puppy is looking a little better to me. He is finally nursing on the right teets. I am still giving him puppy formula 3 times a day. Just filling his tummy with an eye dropper, then letting him suck my finger for a while after so that he feels satisfied. What a darling baby he is. I am falling hard for him, I have to admit. No name yet, but I am thinking about calling him Bobby. We are not taking him camping because the mommy is still bleeding a bit from having the puppy, and I do not want her in the camper. We are only going about 10 minutes from our house, however, so I will still run home and feed him 3 times a day.

Cassie- How is school? We are dying to hear about it!

Nicole- Thats it, I have got to get a webcam and you and I can bet on Peeps matches! Also, seeing how much you miss babies gives me a brilliant idea. Screw HD, you can come and work for me. No worries, you will not be homesick, as there are copious amounts of sh$t, p$ss, and puke here on a daily basis as well!

Kristen- I hope that you have a wonderful weekend!

JM- Josie's room is adorable. I love to dress my little girls up too. BTW, we have a daycare baby named Cedee (Sadie) who looks a lot like the pictures of Josie. I think of that every time I hold her.

Joni- Oh, work, schmerk. We like seeing you here!

Paula- Holy cow, girl! You have had a ton to deal with. Sorry to hear about your DH.

To everyone else, have a great day, and weekend. BTW, I only bought Easter candy for my kids that I do not like. No chocolate, that is for dang sure!

I am going to the COD in a bit, will report back!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 09:24 AM   #365  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Joni - for the time being I do have to go to his place to see Chancey as I am only in an apartment and that won't change until at least fall. I can't have dogs here - even for a visit. So we are making the best of everything for now. I hope to get my own place in the fall after some debt is brought down and then I will take her for weekends and such so I won't have to go there but to pick her up. Thanks for the words of encouragement - I really appreciate it.

I guess I am lucky I don't like Peeps - now creme eggs and eggies are another story - but I can resist (or at least I keep saying that until they are out of the stores!!!)

I am in the middle of laundry and getting a bit of house work done. Luckily there isn't much to do but then I need to go and get some hair color and do my hair tonight as the roots are really bad!!! Not sure if I will stay the same as I am now or go back to one of my berry hues I like from 100% color line. I like both. Oh well, I'll figure it out in the store.
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:11 AM   #366  
LAWL Salt Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by LottaMe2MiniMe View Post
Dan - I may have missed this, but can you explain your siggy - "Go Somewhere Else in 2007 - www.marillion.com"
Thanks for asking Joni.. I was hoping someone would...

Marillion is, in my opinion, the second greatest rock band in the world (behind Rush, of course)... Their new CD, "Somewhere Else" will be released next week on the 9th...

They are primarily known in England and Europe, but they had a huge hit in the States back in 1985 with a song called "Kayleigh".. Known mostly for sounding like Genesis in the early days, that changed when they got a new lead singer in 1989, and with him, came a new musical direction.. They are still pretty "progressive" when it comes to their sound, but if you like bands like Muse, Radiohead, Keane and Massive Attack, you'll love the band that gave them their inspiration - Marillion...

Can you tell that I do pro-bono promotions work for them?

If you go to marillion.com, you can hear samples of their new CD, or link to their MySpace page to listen to entire songs... On their website, you can even request a free "Crash Course in Marillion" CD to be mailed to you... It has a selection of songs from years past...

I encourage you all to take a listen... Hey... If I can get Liz to like them, maybe y'all will too!

Have a POP day, all!!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:35 AM   #367  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Quote:
I only bought Easter candy for my kids that I do not like.
Katie - so, which kids don't you like??....LOL!!!
Camping 10 minutes from the house.....sounds like MY kind of camping....it rains, I run home! Oh, and Moderator Cassi starts school next week.

Dan - just for you I will go listen to your band........I'm not a rock fan......Liz is probably just being the good wife!

Katiebug - is that you with the boa?.........I think I'll wear a boa on Easter Sunday; I don't do hats nor bonnets.

Alannah - hugs to Chancey. I gotta do the hair thing too. I wish I was gutsy and could do the berry hue thing....I should do it in Gina's memory (American idol gal had some serious red streaks in her hair!).
Old 04-06-2007, 10:41 AM   #368  

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone! Just read all the posts but can't remember enough to do personals. I had to get caught up on about 10 pages!

The family and extended family are all going to Easter brunch on Sunday. I am quite nervous. The brunch is a buffet and I always tend to overdo it a bit (that's putting it mildly!). Any suggestions to help me stay POP? Help!!!!
BobbySam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:41 AM   #369  
LAWL Salt Police

Thanks Joni... I and they appreciate any attention...

All I ask is an open mind!

On another note.. I need everyone's best wishes as I prepare to smoke a brisket for the first time in my life.. I'm going to put the dry rub on tonight (SALT FREE - of course!) and get 'er done tomorrow...

I'm a pretty decent cook, but stuff like this scares me.. I come armed with a sure fire recipe from a coworker, whose briskets are better than ANY I've ever had, home cooked or at a restaurant, so I'm hoping that gives me an advantage...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:07 AM   #370  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Krispie! Congratulations on joining the Church. I'm Catholic also-and Holy Week is both exhilarating and exhausting! I sing in the Portland Cathedral Choir and we have 5 masses in 7 days! Last nite was a beautiful service-but, for me, nothing beats Good Friday. And the Vigil is awesome (and long!)-but it's great to witness all the baptisms.

For the past couple of years I've hosted Easter-but didn't make any plans with the fam this year because we didn't know what would be going on with Josie. Also-my grandparent's 60th wedding aniversary is Saturday and they are having an Open House. So-I'll go down for the day and then boogie back up to Portland for the Vigil. Then after Mass on Sunday-i can either head back down to Salem (doubtful due to gas prices and the fact I will be WIPED!) or just take it easy and catch up on all the chores I didn't get to this week.

I have the plastic eggs-and we'll have a egg hunt at my grandparent's on Saturday. But-because I have the eggs-I have to fill them. sigh. I guess I'll have to buy all non-chocolate candy, otherwise I'll eat it. I just need to be REALLY strong when I go to the store.

Katie-congrats on the successful TO and enjoy your camping trip! Take care of that adorable puppy . . . . .

Paula-wow-what a time you've had! Hang in there . . . .

Dan-I've never had brisket . . .at least i don't think I have. let us know how it turns out.

Hey to everybody else -I probably should get some work done today.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:07 AM   #371  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Paula- what a streak you are having! So Sorry. Will be praying for you today, for peace and a good biopsy. Glad DH is ok! That is scary. Get a good ladder this time!

Kim – have they told you how much weight you might lose just from the surgery? Like don’t they usually weigh the ……….uh………. left overs….. I hope we see some tummy pics sometime… you know like after all is healed and you are in that bikini for the first time in a long time! So cool, I can’t wait for my turn! Next year I hope.

Kristen – Congrats on the baptism, how special to do it with your girls. Is your husband already Catholic or is it just going to be the three ladies? Have a fabulous 1st Easter post-baptism, and just keep telling yourself it is not what goes in your mouth that makes the day special it is what goes out of the mouth…… the conversation, the Love the kisses, the time spent with friends and family.

Alannah – I am with Joni, why does the ex get the furkid? I think there should be more of a joint custody thing and Dads don’t usually get custody they are usually the ones to visit, ok I know we are talking 4 legs not 2 but still….We had a black lab for 2 years. He was the most wonderful friend. When he was 2 years old he had a heat stroke and died. It was so sad. His name was Melvin. He was really my husbands dog. I have three pugs, but I loved him just the same. That was 2 years ago this 4th of july I would love to get another lab, but really three dogs is enough!

Debbie- The COD is not called Doom for nothing! Boy I feel for ya. I just went in today and was telling my counsler my goal for Memorial day. 15 lbs in 7 weeks and she looked at me like I was nuts. I said, “I know it will be tough” and she was like, yea……… well, good grief, that is just slightly more than 2lbs a week average. I expected her to go “that’s great, you can do it” grrrrrr I am just glad we have each other on here. Its just too bad they are the ones that get the money!!

and on that note, even with my moment of insanity, (which did slip right under Dan's radar last night hehe! ) I was down another .6 from Wednesdays weigh in. so I am at 214.2 and I wanted to be 214 by monday so that I could start the 7 week challange with exactly 15 to lose to get to 199. so I am excited.

I am restricting myself to three visits on here today. morning noon and night. I have got to get my house in order! Have a great day all. sorry if I missed anyone, I will try to catch up at noon.

Shutting the computer off now
Lettie
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:09 AM   #372  
Wendy II

S/C/G: 206/201/160

Height: 5'4"

Katiebug- you did it!! I'm glad we both took that first step-- it feels good to get back at it. I'm proud of you!!

Dan - MMmmmm.. brisket. I love brisket. I'm sure that if you have a good recipe and instructions, you'll do great. Are you cooking for a crowd, or just immediate family? I checked out your Marillion website the other day when you posted the new phrase -- I've been trying to think of which band they remind me of and I haven't come up with it yet. I like what I was listening to though! I've had it playing at work the last 2 days. Just may have to take the jump and order the cd.

Joni - I do the Marcia thing to the Marcia in my Bible study too.. she thankfully has a great sense of humor. Don't you just love that Hungry Girl site?? For anyone who hasn't visited it.. [URL="http://hungrygirl.com"] Check it out! Great tips and ideas on it for eating better. Haven't heard an update on YOUR furkid lately...

Debbie - sorry your cod visit was so rocky... we go there for support and encouragement (at least I do) It's a shame that yours is such a hostile environment. Chin up -- we love you and we don't care if you eat a banana and a hamburger patty in the same day! Just stay away from chocolate bunnies and salt.

Alannah - It's great that you got some things off of your chest with the ex. It takes a while to work through that stuff. I wish I'd said more to mine!! The good news is that it gets better -- time does heal things. It's good that you can work out furkid visits at least.

Letisha - Spa day??? How wonderful for you! I love spa days. Good luck at WI.

Kristen - You're coming over to the Dark Side?? Can I ask what you were before converting? And no, you can't give up kids for lent.. some years it's sounded like a great idea though. I applaud you for having turkey and salad this weekend -- I will be having chicken (not ham) and small doses of the other stuff that people are bringing. I am making my own strawberry cheesecake though. (The Cheesecake Bites are scrumptious with some sugar free strawberry jam!)

Katie- Puppy is eating better -- that's great. Are you sure you're going to give him away? Sounds like Bobby needs someone like you.

Well.. back to work.. my boss leaves at noon and I'm thinking maybe that's not such a bad idea either. I guess we'll see!
Wendelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:15 AM   #373  
Wendy II

S/C/G: 206/201/160

Height: 5'4"

Dang.. I must type slow.. JM and Lettie both snuck on while I was posting!

Be strong JM! Don't let those bunnies hop in your basket while you're not looking!

Lettie - see you at noon!!
Wendelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 11:18 AM   #374  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Lettie - I'm going to try and remember what you said...SO true! Matter of fact, I'm supposed to bring a couple dishes to Easter dinner and I think I'll just pass and tell everyone what you said!
Quote:
just keep telling yourself it is not what goes in your mouth that makes the day special it is what goes out of the mouth…… the conversation, the Love the kisses, the time spent with friends and family.
Wendy - I'm sure glad you said this.....I sort of want details from Kristen too.
Quote:
Kristen - You're coming over to the Dark Side?? Can I ask what you were before converting?
Alannah - I meant to ask, what are eggies? I am not a fan of those creamed eggs (Cadbury things, right??)....just give me the solid chocolate anything and I'm good to go! which reminds me of this funny easter picture....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Easter bunny.jpg (16.7 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Joni135; 04-06-2007 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:20 AM   #375  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

You know-bunnies aren't my issue-it's the Reese's PB Eggs . . . . .Oh jeez-I'm drooling . . ..
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote