3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   My plan got changed! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/108305-my-plan-got-changed.html)

coopergrrl 03-27-2007 03:21 PM

My plan got changed!

Hi all! I saw my endocrinologist yesterday who said that soy products bind with the thyroid medication that I take and said I need to stop eating them. So I got a note for that and I am thinking I will get refunded on my bars :^: .
Also, I emailed the dietician from the LAWL website and they emailed me back and said I am going on RED NO LITES plan. the plan is:
2 1/2 proteins, 4 vegetables, 3 fruits, 3 starches, 1 fat, 1 dairy, and 0 LA Lites
Its only 1/2 more protein, one more veggie and one more starch than I had on Gold. I think that its more balanced than eating the bars and also, possibly fewer calories so I am hopeful that weight loss will continue. Plus I am glad that they have addressed (finally!) the fact that I am nurse who works 8 and 12h shifts, as they said this is more appropriate for shift work.
Does anyone else do red no lites? Are serving sizes the same for all plans, or is a protein on one color a different size than on the other? I ask because I am not going back to the center for a few more days yet and I 'd like to get this going asap.
I won a 3 month membership to a local gym that has lots of cool aerobic programs, so I am going to try to get a schedule going for working out as well; hopefully I will maintain some motivation with that and kick start some losing.
Hope everyone is having a great day!

juliemarie 03-27-2007 03:24 PM

The protein sizes on Red are bigger than the ones on gold-2 oz for most things. The COD will give you a new book . . .

coopergrrl 03-27-2007 03:25 PM

wow, now i wonder if it will be too much food!

smjezzy 03-27-2007 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coopergrrl (Post 1628710)
wow, now i wonder if it will be too much food!

It is! They told me I could cut the chicken portions. 7 oz of rotissere chicken was almost half the chicken! They said I could go down to 6 which is still a heck of a lot.

That does answer questions I had about the lite/no lite plans. What I'm on is obviously the no lites and they've been trying to push the lites on me.

coopergrrl 03-27-2007 03:50 PM

I looked on the LAWL website and red no lites is the same as red but...of course ..without the lites. I can't find much of a difference between them. I just hope that I can continue to lose. I think I willl because basically I will have the 1/2 pro, veggie and starch as a snack instead of a bar so it makes sense.

Mama Nicole 03-27-2007 06:03 PM

I usually do red no lites......and I very much like that plan. It may seem like a lot of food at first......but if you eat whole foods, you will lose like crazy. I just switched to purple with lites to see if I can tolerate them again......but I am not really finding that it is working too well for me. Once I start eating things that are sweet and naughty......I have a hard time stopping.......even if it is a protein bar type product. I am going to think this all over tonight, and then decide what is best for me. I seem to have had the most success on red w/o lites...........so that is probably what I should do. Let us know how you like the no lite plan.....:)

coopergrrl 03-27-2007 06:10 PM

Thanks Nicole! I will see how it goes. I am quite excited about not having to do the bars--I was never thrilled with them to begin with. I'll keep everyone posted.

marzbe 03-27-2007 08:44 PM

I do the Red w/ the Lites because I'm such a gym rat. :strong:

The best advice I can give for the abudnance of food is Mini Meals, 1/2 Proteins, Mini Meals, 1/2 Proteins, and Mini Meals! :stars:

Most days I break it up to 7 sometimes 8 tinier mini meals. I rarely eat any exchange alone. And most days I break up my proteins to do 3 1/2 proteins and 1 whole. COD also suggested breaking up the proteins to do for example on the turkey breast 6 ounces, 7 ounces, 7 ounces. If you need any advice I have it down practically to a science, plus I developed the science during x-mas time when I was working 80 hour weeks!