extra food on gold w/ 5+ hours of exercise per week

• Hi, I am currently doing gold w/ lites on my own because I am not going to cod anymore. I have been exercising a lot over the past month and seem to be so hungry when I exercise. I have been exercising more than 5 hours per week. Sometimes I exercise twice in the same day....I did strenth training for an hour yesterday morning and then ran/walked for an hour last night. Can you guys please tell me what I am supposed to add since I am doing all this exercise. I would call the cod but I am technically on maintenance.

Since I haven't been going to cod they keep calling me and leaving messages about all these maintenance weeks I have left and how I can buy more weighloss weeks if I want and they will "work with me."

Thanks for listening and for any advice that you have
  • Quote: Hi, I am currently doing gold w/ lites on my own because I am not going to cod anymore. I have been exercising a lot over the past month and seem to be so hungry when I exercise. I have been exercising more than 5 hours per week. Sometimes I exercise twice in the same day....I did strenth training for an hour yesterday morning and then ran/walked for an hour last night. Can you guys please tell me what I am supposed to add since I am doing all this exercise. I would call the cod but I am technically on maintenance.

Since I haven't been going to cod they keep calling me and leaving messages about all these maintenance weeks I have left and how I can buy more weighloss weeks if I want and they will "work with me."

Thanks for listening and for any advice that you have
    I would talk to your COD, if you have weeks, then they can probably let you use them as weight loss weeks and they can help you best. Good luck!
  • I was in the same boat, with exercising more than 5 hours and with being on gold and being too hungry. They moved me up to red- which is another starch, 1/2 protein, 1 more vegetable, and your protein sizes go up (8 oz for chicken). HOpe this helps! Also, give yourself a bit to adjust, you may stay the same for a week or two.
  • If I have done a particularly intense workout, or multiple cardio classes in a row, I usually have about a 1/2 protein afterward (additional). Not COD approved, I just did it on my own. Sometimes if I can plan it out enough, I will make sure I have a Lite or something before I go to the gym. It seems to help.
  • Quote: I would talk to your COD, if you have weeks, then they can probably let you use them as weight loss weeks and they can help you best. Good luck!
    The manager at my COD said I have to purchase more weightloss weeks, I cannot use my maintenance weeks.
  • Quote: I was in the same boat, with exercising more than 5 hours and with being on gold and being too hungry. They moved me up to red- which is another starch, 1/2 protein, 1 more vegetable, and your protein sizes go up (8 oz for chicken). HOpe this helps! Also, give yourself a bit to adjust, you may stay the same for a week or two.
    Wow! That is a lot of food. I was thinking of upping my protein. I usually eat more than 3 vegetables per day anyway but that extra starch sounds really tempting. Thanks for your input.
  • I'm on Red soley because of the exercise. I do between 6 and 7 hours a week on top of being pretty active at work. What are you currently eating on gold with maitenence? I would definitley add the 1/2 protein and starch a day. You need the extra calories if you're burning calories.
  • Quote: The manager at my COD said I have to purchase more weightloss weeks, I cannot use my maintenance weeks.
    dang.....
  • Quote: The manager at my COD said I have to purchase more weightloss weeks, I cannot use my maintenance weeks.

You know, that is crap. I would fight that if I were you. You should be able to use some maintainence weeks (you paid for them!), or they should float you some weeks where you are so close to goal. I would call the 800 number on the Lites box and talk to them, because there is no way that you should have to buy more weeks.
  • I agree that is cr@p! When I joined last month I made sure to ask twice what if it takes me longer, will I have to pay more/buy more weeks and they told me no both times. I think I would call their headquarters too. Especially since you are sooo close. Good luck!
  • mamabanana, Katie and Stephanie,
    When I first started LAWL I was going to COD 3x per week and I used their lites and I even purchased $400 worth of supplements thinking that if I was going to do this I would really "buy into it" and do the program. Then after a few months I started coming in to the COD twice a week, then once a week and I started fudging on the diet. So I did buy 10 more weightloss weeks last year after I was 10 pounds short of reaching my goal. I just figured that I didn't hold my end of the bargain by not coming in 3x per week and I started to stray.

I quit going in February out of frustration of being on maintenance but still needing to lose more weight but I did go back last week only because I still had 26 boxes of lites left. Looking back I should've remained strict for those original 25 weight loss weeks...I know, duh! or maybe when I started stabilization and maintenance I should've went in to COD more often and maybe I would have slowly lost those last 10 pounds. I just get discouraged when I have to weigh in front of them and I'm still stuck in the 150s.

Oh well, this time 2 years ago I weighed 215 pounds and huffed and puffed just going up my stairs at home and now I am running and feeling great about it! So maybe I shouldn't be so stuck on a number on the scale.

Thanks for listening!