LAWL Success?

• Is anyone else experiencing problems? B/C I am having a dilemma. I tried LAWL once and lost about 20 lbs. Gained all of it and more back. Tried it again and ditto. I am currently my heaviest ever.

I never took the "pills". I only used the bars. Part of my is buying into the hype and feel I was sold a bill of goods. However, some of the men I work with have tried LAWL and have seen AMAZING results. And kept the weight off!

I am thinking about trying WW.

Advice?
  • Lots of success stories here from women doing LAWL. The program absolutely works if you follow it (and you do NOT need their pills nor their LA Lites to succeed). WW is also an excellent program, but you have to follow their program for that one to work. If you've never done WW before, I would suggest you try it since (a) that is a great program and (b) I'm a firm believer in the quote "if you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always go." Personally, I've done WW about 10 times in the past 30 years. I lost slowly because I would play with the points they allocate to you; I would not necessarily eat a good balance of exchanges on WW (meaning getting in my fruits, veggies, protein, dairy). In the end my progress on WW was slow and I wasn't giving my body the nutrition it needed.
    There are some great posts on this site. Search through the various topics and I think you will find some great info.
  • I'm have a lot of success with it, but I too, worry about "after the program" and gaining the weight back..

The thing to focus on after the program is that you can never go back to eating the way you did before starting the program, and I would assume the same holds true for WW.

I think of LAWL as a training program for changing my eating lifestyle. I'm learning how to eat the things I've loved in the past, without having them pile weight on. Plus, I'm reintroducing foods that are good for me and help me deal with the foods I eat that aren't exactly the healthiest choices.
  • Not every program works for every person, but if you think of it as a diet, to lose the weight and then go back to the way you were eating before, then it is almost guaranteed that you will gain the weight back and it doesn't matter what diet you are doing at the time. You need to think of it as a lifestyle change and not a diet. LAWL has a program that you can easily do for the rest of your life once you get into maintenance. Moderation is the key. Eat whatever you want but with moderation. If you look in the LAWL losers and friends threads and look at the tickers in there, you are going to see a lot of success stories.