Old 03-07-2007, 09:29 PM   #346  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

OK my chunky little friends.......I am NOT going to eat any of these *^&*^$^&&%^&**^Y$^&&^$^Y$%^&%$#$@@$&(*^$$^&%%&* Girl scout cookies. I told DH on the phone that I was lovesick and might have to eat some....and he said, "nooo, wait and enjoy them with me!!!" And I was like, "but, yeah, I'm so lonesome and bored........"and then he told me to imagine........well......anyway, I have decided to listen to him and not eat the cookies. I am proud that I am not going to eat them today. I think I have decided that on Sunday, on the way home from Wisconsin, I will have some cookies. I soo have to plan for it, because I need to be in control of the cookies. They must not find out that they have the power to make me their b****. LOL. OK, now I am going to go watch Idol with my girlies, eat a grapefruit.......maybe a bit of HLW (just to occupy my hands instead of cookies) and then TRY to go to bed early....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. I never get myself to bed early.......but one day, when I'm all grown up, I will
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:29 PM   #347  
Post-Master

Hooray Ms. Hawthorne is back. XOXO
Old 03-07-2007, 09:37 PM   #348  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

nicole--your posts are freakin' hilarious! good job on not eating the cookies! i personally love the samoa's. i'm obsessed with coconut and caramel.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:39 PM   #349  

S/C/G: 264/264/199

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamato2girls View Post
Jason - I had chicken wings tonight and thought of you.
Ahhh...how sweet...lol. When I eat wings, I think of the next wing I'm about to eat!
SaskNewfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:42 PM   #350  

S/C/G: 264/264/199

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziewan View Post
Jason -- You're on red plus or red one or something aren't you? I thought I remembered that it was not just plain old red. I'm guessing because of all your extra exercise, that must be what earns you those extra starches, right?
It's "Red 2"...yeah, you're right...the reason I'm on that one is because of all the exercise I do. I was originally on Red 1, but found I was always hungry when i really started exercising more...so, luckily for me, they upped it!
SaskNewfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:03 AM   #351  
LAWL Salt Police

Evening all... Morning to others...

As I sit here having my wine, uh, fruit serving for the evening, I'm really starting to worry about Liz...

I had a very long talk with the owner of the little gym I work out at tonight.. We were going over my latest body mass reading results and he commented it seemed that I'm not getting enough protein, even though I'm losing weight..

But it got me thinking that Liz may not be getting enough protein on her Gold plan, especially since she's pretty religeous about working out 3 times a week at Curves.. Duane, the gym owner, said that protein is crucial when you're working out, as it aids the body's ability to burn off fat.

So I've decided to talk to the ladies at our Santa Fe office when I WI tomorrow to see if there's a way for her to boost her protein levels without boosting her food intake, and still be on plan..

Liz is getting really frustrated hearing different ideas from different counselors (and her meddling husband) and not seeing any results from any of that said advice..

Duane gave me a packet of a protein suppliment he takes as a powered drink mix.. It tasted pretty good, has only 70 calories, no net carbs and 14g of protein.. It's sugar free, so it might be ok to use.. I'm afraid to ask our local counselors, but the gals in Santa Fe have been pretty open minded, so I'm going to run it by them..

I don't think I'll get into too much trouble by commenting that Liz is apprehensive about trying new things, especially if the word "suppliment" is included in the title, but I think it might be worth it to see if these help...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:34 AM   #352  
Lorraine on LAWL

S/C/G: 207/181/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi all!

Sign me up for the cross country excursion to Cassi's! I'll bring some Seattle Coffee to keep us all awake for the long journey and loads of fun we're going to have when we all finally get to meet face to face! (Wouldn't that be a total BLAST!?)

Angie & Cassi: Thanks for the kidspeak stories. They absolutely MADE my day! I love the way you spell the words out so all of us can get the best idea about how your little one would have said it! Thanks for sharing! I don't have any children so it's fun to live vicariously!

Nicole: I crack up laughing at many of your posts. Thanks for the laughs today about the !#$%*& girl scout cookies. I have to give you credit... those things are dangerous to have around. Keep fighting the good fight, my LAWL friend!

Dan: You may be on to something with regard to Liz and her exercise causing the slow weightloss. I'm in the same boat... and it is frustrating but press on. The inches lost certainly make it all worth it!

To Deb, Barb, Jennifer, Michael, Kristen, Jillian, Paula, Pearl, Wendy, Wendy II, Jason, Nichole, Kim, Sara, Sherry, SHEA, Kate, Aleta, Joni and all my other LAWL friends whos names are escaping me at this moment, may we all see the scale move south this week!

Thanks to all of you for the smiles!
KoffeeDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:21 AM   #353  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Michael-There are actually 3 red plans. Red - Red plus and Red 2. It also depends if you are doing lites or not. If you are not, you get an extra 1/2 protein and 1 starch.

Shea- Hope you like the recipes. I try to cook all day on one of my days off and freeze foods for later. I have a few more recipes to post. I gotta try them before I will post them.

Rhonda- I hope you all are on the mend quickly

Kristen- How is that sanity of yours holding up?

Angie & Cassi- That was too cute!!

Megan- there is no way I will ever get down to 118. I was probably that much in 3rd grade. Plus DH likes a woman with a little meat on her bones anyway.

Kim- LMAO- People would think it's an anorexia group cruise instead of LAWL!!

Wendy- Checked out the link, pretty cool. It did say that ideal weight for me was 118 - 155 and the peer weight was 144, so I am pretty much in the ballpark on the higher end of it.

Lara- Welcome back!

Libby- Hope you had fun bowling

Nicole- Stay strong and don't eat those cookies!!!

Tomorrow, I go pick up my new coffee table. DH is such a TV addict that we cannot eat at the dining room table like normal people, because you can't see the TV from the table, so we eat at the coffee table. I am getting hunchback syndrome from bending over to eat, so I got a lift top coffee table. I'm jazzed.

Ok, gotta get to bed, night all....
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:17 AM   #354  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

I had WI this am and I stayed the same. But in actuality I was down cause earlier in the week I was up almost 3 lbs from the previous week for some reason. So I was pretty happy because I figured my getting back to plan was working as I had lost my gain. The girl at COD said to me " You are not losing weight...you are doing something wrong". I know I have struggled here and there but I had reasons and I have always bounced back. I know the oweness is on me but I guess I was looking for a little help or suggestions from them...not you screwed up now fix it. She offered no help, didn't ask me about my diary or how I had done that week food wise or anything. Maybe she was just in a bad mood today. For the most part I really like the girls at my COD. There is one that is fantastic and I love it when I get her. She is on the plan too so she really understands when you talk to her. Oh well, I know I am doing a helluva lot better than I was 2 weeks ago and that is all that matters to me. I feel better and I know I am making better choices and staying almost POP each day. I still have problems getting all my food in most days but I come very close.

Well, gotta get to work!
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 08:55 AM   #355  

S/C/G: 300.4/233/175

Height: 5'8"

Dan- Liz and I sound like weight loss twins, as well.

I'm convinced my COD really doesn't have a clue. I started LAWL 2/14 and was placed on the wrong plan...I was put on Red 1. However, I lost 6 lbs. Last Thursday, a new CM comes in and tells me she is going to change my plan to the correct one...Red. If this plan is right, then it's wrong for me. I have gained 3lbs since last Thursday and I am hungry as all get out. The counselors are all shocked...hello- ME TOO! A call has been placed to a dietician, but until the info comes back, I am to add a fruit to my plan and it can only be a citrus fruit. HA HA HA HA HA I need my starches!!! I am too busy during the day. I will have to let everyone know what happens at WI tomorrow.
ElleofALady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:26 AM   #356  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Nicole -- You crack me up. Leave the cookies -- you'll thank yourself for it later. (Says the woman who just ate a chocolate mini egg...)

Dan -- How much protein does the trainer recommend per day? God knows I feel like a protein eating machine between normal proteins and the lites, so I was surprised to hear we might need more. I'm really interested in what the COD does to help in this.

Deb -- We eat at the coffee table 95% of the time too. I know we shouldn't, with a 2 yr old and all, but old habits die hard I guess. I would love to have a lift top table!

Alannah -- That was a crappy thing for her to say to you. Are you documenting everything in your diary, even the cheats? That might help them know when/what your triggers are in order to make suggestions aimed at your specific needs. Next time you go in, you can always ask to see someone specifically in order to avoid the grouchy one.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:31 AM   #357  
Post-Master

Alannah............don't let them get you down..........if you stay the same, it is a victory. Think of your life before LAWL. I bet your weight was never dropping, and never consistant. I'm sure your next WI will be much more uplifting. I like all of the ladies in my COD except that dreaded, one lady. I hope this doens't get you down.......just hang in there.......it will get better soon.

Dan.........I just bought some protein powder stuff to use in place of slimfast. Mine is a whey combo protein and it is also very low in fat, carbs, sugar. I didn't ask COD, but it seems much healthier than slimfast......and it has way more protein as well. Let us know what the COD has to say about it. Is yours whey also?

My sclae is such a jerk. I resisted the ^&%^^*^%*((&*U^ girl scout cookies last night........and it showed me a 1.2 gain. WTF???? I don't care.......I think it is an a$$ anyway. I was almost POP all week.......so it should only be good. Oh well. I did miss a couple of exchanges the day before yesterday........but that really should't show me a gain. Whatever. It will not stop me........LOL.

Ok, I hope everyone is having a good day...........I will be back
XOXO
Old 03-08-2007, 09:46 AM   #358  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

LOL, Nicole - A$$ sclae! You are totally cracking me up. You make a post that is 75% *&^*&%$%*, and end it with "have a nice day!" You are my hero. We need to get together, really.

Dan and Liz - While I am committed to LAWL, I truly believe that the plans need to be tweaked for individuals. I too, had not been losing much and was working out (the only thing that was keeping me sane was seeing the results from working out) AND, I was seriously craving protein. So, those last few weeks before I went away, I would have a 1/2 protein serving (extra) immediately when I got home from the gym. It really worked for me. Now, I am not trying to lure anyone away from the set plans - I'm no expert. I can only say what worked for me. I hope the COD or someone can give Liz new answers.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:49 AM   #359  
Post-Master

Kim..........see my post in 6 week challenge......I do think we share the same brain sometimes....LOL.

On the protein discussion.......my friend works out everyday.......and has a personal trainer.....she is on WW and doing very well. Her trainer told her that she needed to up her protein while working out as well. There does seem to be a theme here..........
Old 03-08-2007, 09:54 AM   #360  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Creepy!
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote