3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Intuitive Eating #4 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/105438-intuitive-eating-4-a.html)

Suzanne 3FC 06-01-2007 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spinymouse (Post 1715546)
My thoughts about eating have been quickly evolving. I don't know if there is a branch of 3FC that would be a good match for it, but my path has taken up a fast lane. I'm more concerned now with ethics and energy conservation than anything else.

Oh my gosh! ME ME ME! I've become almost obsessed with this topic lately. I've also ordered Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, after reading an interview with the author in Plenty magazine. I would LOVE to start a forum on this, though we might be in there by ourselves :lol: However, the Whole Foods forum might be a good match for the moment :)

Spinymouse 06-01-2007 01:55 PM

Thanks, Suzanne! I will pop into the Whole Foods thread.

But I vote for that new thread too!:dizzy:

jo

carolr3639 06-02-2007 05:51 PM

I had a few good IE days lately, but we've been super busy and traveling so that doesn't leave much time for eating. We're at my dh's 35th class reunion from vet school. Most of the wives didn't come so maybe I can get some extra time in the exercise room and pool. This is really a man's reunion and I wanted to stay home but at least it is a break from the normal. I do miss my eliptical and they don't have one here at the motel...........just a treadmill and bike......oh and swimming pool.

Obsidianbbw 06-03-2007 10:10 AM

I haven't posted in a bit. Well I kinda relaxed a little in terms of eating last weekend since it was a holiday and was alittle hard going back although it has been mostly eating when I am not hungry that has been an issue. My body internally says no when it doesn't want anymore so thats nice.

No scale till the 15th so no idea what damage memorial day did. I have a trip to jamaica next month and I refuse to buy cloths till I get closer since I have been pretty consistent with the weight lose. Would love to be under 300 by then, but I'm ok if it does happen.

Nothing else to report, things are stable with the ex, and life is good. My next goal is to find a pool somewhere so I can do laps on the weekends.

carolr3639 06-04-2007 09:20 AM

Good to see you Obi. We have had a lot of banquets and other invitations for eating so I'm with you on relaxing a little. I'm a routine type of person so I really like staying at home where I know how it will be most days. I've been tired from so much running around and late night visiting. Getting too old for that ha! I'm hoping to rest up and maybe exercise later as right now I just feel like I'm in a fog. The other thing about trips I don't like is that sometimes you are starving before you can find time to eat. I've just never gotten used to carrying food around with me so I just wait. Obi, Are you giong to Jamaica for business? I've never been there.

Obsidianbbw 06-04-2007 09:33 AM

Hey carol, I understand about the eating thing. I have I try and keep a 100 calorie pack, fruit, or a pack of peanuts with me for those just in case times. I get grump if I get too hungry.

Nope, Jamaica is all pleasure. I have been there twice before, but never left the resort. LOL. We are going six days this time so much more time to look around. I'm actually going with my ex, we made plans way before everything ended and since I don't hate him see no reason to give up my non refundable hotel and air. LOL

Travel is my passion, love going away.

Well Seems as if the stopping when I'm satisfied is working.Down another few lbs.The under 300 lbs goal is looking better and better.

carolr3639 06-04-2007 01:14 PM

Way to go, Obi!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carolr3639 06-05-2007 09:56 AM

home

Can't wait to get back to routine. I miss my eliptical. It just makes me feel more energized. I've never liked an exercise machine before. Kind of reminds me of a ride at the fair. ha! Fiddler, looking forward to seeing your new pictures.

Obsidianbbw 06-05-2007 11:02 AM

Funny you say that carol. I always feel better on the days I workout. Trying to figure out how I can add in something on my long days when I don't have alot of time.

Well I went for my first Dr. visit since I've been on IE and losing and I was 361 as of January of last year. Just reminds me where I was headed before I found you guys. Dr. scale has me lower, but sticking with home scale for consistency.

Spinymouse 06-05-2007 11:29 PM

Hey, Obi - You have really been dropping the pounds! Congratulations!

Hi IE Pals -
I've been having all kinds of fun using up all my HUGE weekly amount of vegetables from the Harvest Share. Some of it all being things I have never deliberately bought - fava beans, fennel, chard. I LOVE it.
I miss you guys -- even during the times I don't check in.
jo

carolr3639 06-06-2007 10:22 AM

Hi Jo, We miss you too, and Fiddler, though I know she said she was very busy at work. I'm finally home and going to get on the elipitcal right after this. I hope I didn't lose too much ground. So tired today but that's the way it usually is after a trip. In July we are going to see our son in Alaska. I don't know how I will survive that. ha! At least now I don't gain after I go on a trip for which I am very thankful.

carolr3639 06-06-2007 10:26 AM

Forgot to say that our garden is doing good but we are late in getting vegetables here. Should have snow peas first. Tomatoes usually take until Aug. Also have pumpkins, squash, green beans, cucumbers, onions, eggplant, broccoli, cauliflower, watermelon, and strawberries. The strawberries should be ready in 2 weeks.

Spinymouse 06-06-2007 11:45 AM

Hi IE Pals -
Carol, I envy you your garden!

Trying to be on IE topic here: I completely agree with the concept of stopping eating when satisfied and I'm doing well with that. I still can't bring myself to use the word "hungry" though. I just can't seriously say that as an overweight woman with a full refrigerator, that I'm "hungry" just because it's been six hours since my last plate of shrimp creole. "Hungry" is about those people I donate money to. I know it's just semantics but I believe that words are powerful, even subconsciously. "Hungry" sounds so serious.
I do know the feeling that my brain needs fuel however. That is strongest in the morning. I know my brain needs fuel more than my stomach needs to be full. I don't ever feel that my stomach needs to be full. But I feel I need to ingest something very healthful and pretty substantial in the morning or else I'd just sit at work making that buh-buh-buh- noise with my lips and not getting anything done. Later on in the day I don't need much. With the harvest share I've been doing a lot of cooking in the evening but then eating it in the mornings to mid-day. And I've discovered that you can put just about anything on a pizza and it works. Carrots and radishes are great pizza toppings.

Have a good day everybody,
jo

carolr3639 06-07-2007 10:02 AM

It's going to be a wild day here today. Both our new granddaughters and parents are here plus another son and his wife and and the 2 kids still at home. (One boy just for the summer....he'll be a senoir in college in the fall.) Three of the sons are working on a new deck for our house. They all want marianated pork chops for supper so I'll have to get on that soon. I'm getting tired just think about it. ha! And I want to get my eliptical done so hope they aren't to upset when I come up missing for awhile. Eating is good so far and all the company just might dampen the appetite!!!!

carolr3639 06-09-2007 10:25 AM

2 frus, Missing you here at IE. Saw that you were sick and hope you are getting better. Summer is a rough time to have the flu.......don't know why that is. I'm trying to do 40 min of elipitical each day and it does seem to make me feel better. Recently I had to up my prednisone because the blood calcium was going up but my appetite seems normal. Hope it stays that way. We've had lots of company lately so there is lots of cooking and temptation but really with IE some things don't seem as aluring anymore.....like donuts. I used to be so crazy about them but not any more.