Anyone know??

• Does anyone know if you can use any of the Healthy Choice canned soups on LAWL? I am new and my counselor was not able to help me (suprise - suprise). I really like soup - I would like to be able to work it in somehow and still be legal.
  • Unfortunately, no. I e-mailed the LAWL dietician a few months ago and even the low sodium progresso are not on the plan either.

Here's the text of my question and their answer that I saved:

Thank you for submitting your question to our Nutrition Department. We do not recommend any canned soup during the weight loss phase due tothe sodium content as well as low nutritional value. During this time,we recommend making your own soups either using the cookbook or you cansubmit your own recipes to our LA Chef feature for evaluation andmodification. You can also make soup using low sodium broth withchicken or beef and vegetables (sized according to plan). Let us knowif you have further questions. We will forward a copy of this email message to your center so that theymay further assist you with your program.We wish you continued success with your LA Weight Loss Program. Sincerely, The LA Weight Loss Nutrition Department

-----Original Message-----
    I was curious about some of the new "low sodium" canned soups. Can anyof these be used on the plan? And if they can, what would be the LAExchanges? (I'm submitting the information from hungrygirl.com) Thankyou.

Amy's Organic Light in Sodium Chunky Tomato Bisque(1 cup: 120 calories, 3.5g fat, 340mg sodium, 21g carbs, 2g fiber, 14gsugars, 2g protein = 2 Points)Sodium count: 340mg vs. 680 mg

Progresso 50% Less Sodium Garden Vegetable(1 cup: 100 calories, 0g fat, 450mg sodium, 22g carbs, 3g fiber, 4gsugars, 3g protein = 1 Point)Sodium count: 450mg vs. 940mg

Campbell's Select Healthy Request Italian-Style Wedding(1 cup: 120 calories, 2.5g fat, 480mg sodium, 15g carbs, 2g fiber, 3gsugars, 7g protein = 2 Points)Sodium count: 480mg vs. 840mg

Progresso 50% Less Sodium Minestrone(1 cup: 120 calories, 2g fat, 470mg sodium, 24g carbs, 4g fiber, 4gsugars, 5g protein = 2 Points)Sodium count: 470mg vs. 980mg

Campbell's Chunky Healthy Request Grilled Chicken & Sausage Gumbo(1 cup: 140 calories, 2.5g fat, 480mg sodium, 22g carbs, 3g fiber, 5gsugars, 8g protein = 2 Points)Sodium count: 480mg vs. 850mgAmy's Organic Light in Sodium Lentil Vegetable(1 cup: 150 calories, 4g fat, 340mg sodium, 23g carbs, 6g fiber, 5gsugars, 7g protein = 3 Points)Sodium count: 340mg vs. 680mg