3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Need to ask COD, but maybe someone knows. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/104448-need-ask-cod-but-maybe-someone-knows.html)

JLem311 02-11-2007 08:56 PM

Need to ask COD, but maybe someone knows.

I plan on asking my COD this when I go there on Tuesday morning, but I was wondering if anyone on here knew.
I'm a vegetarian and I know that the veggie protein section of LAWL isn't huge and a tad vague, but I was wondering if the morningstar farms chik'n strips (suppose to be equal to grilled chicken cut into strips) is ok and would count as a protein? It's very low fat and calories, and not too terrible in sodium..but I have no clue. I mainly get my protein from the veggie crumbles (which are made from textured vegetable protein) or the veggie burgers.
Just curious. I printed out the nutritional info from the morningstar farms website to bring to my COD, but I don't think that they're too knowledgeable on the vegetarian version of LAWL (they told me I'm their first "real vegetarian!"

Dan2112 02-12-2007 12:19 AM

So it's always good to be a guinea pig.. :lol:

I would see about getting a hold of the LA at home chef online and ask.. I unfortunately don't have the email addy..

aphil 02-12-2007 09:27 AM

When you go see your counselor, bring the nutritional information for the chicken substitute AND the nutritional information for an LAWL allowed serving of chicken breast.

Since they don't deal with vegetarians much, they will probably need to SEE that the calories/protein grams/fat are similar for them to "okay" it for you.

Make sure that they write it down as an approved substitute in your chart-since you may not get the same COD the next time you stop in the center.

marzbe 02-12-2007 03:31 PM

Jill,

I'm a former veggie who still tries to keep at least 1 meals a day meat free! Yes, I had the same issue with the COD, there was a counselor who was in shock that I actually ate tofu. (Then again, this was the same counselor that told me any resistance training is detrimental to my weight loss, so I don't take her word too seriously :o !)

I could live on the morningstar buffalo wings, I just simply count them as the vegetarian chicken nuggets which are on plan. There's about a 10 calorie and 1 gram protein difference between the servings of the two, so it's pretty much close enough. :carrot:

Have you done the Ricotta cheese thing yet? That stuff is loaded with protein! Lunch tommorrow is tossing it with sauteed yellow squash and tomato, I can't wait!

JLem311 02-12-2007 11:03 PM

Hey Meg, thanks for the tips and I'm not a huge ricotta cheese fan but may try it with the squash! Thanks!

marzbe 02-13-2007 02:55 PM

Actually, I had a massive craving for nuggets around 11 today, thank goodness for MorningStar farms, I got the fix in while staying on plan! Now if only I could figure out whath the new brocoli bites count as! Those look good! :cbg: