3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   Hello Everyone! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/104166-hello-everyone.html)

The best ME I can be 02-07-2007 03:12 PM

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to say Hi to everyone. I'm new to the site, and fairly new to the program (almost 5 weeks in). So far, I have been more hungry and annoyed than ever! Haha. I read some of the previous postings and everyone is so welcoming and supportive and I can't wait to be a part of it!
I have a question already, and I hope I can spit it out in less words than a short novel (I have a habit of being long-winded if you haven't noticed already); I am interested in grabbing some meal replacement shakes because I am on the go a lot and sometimes forget to eat meals. But the LA shakes are so expensive! I read in one of the other postings about some good alternatives, and I think I'll try a couple, but my question is, how much is a serving, and how do I count shakes in my food diary? If it helps anyone, I am thinking of slimfast optima or something with a similar nutrition label. I keep forgetting to ask whenever I am at the center, so I hope someone can help. :)

dolphn545 02-07-2007 03:17 PM

:welcome:

LAWL shakes count as a Protien & Starch.
Others have (myself included) substituted slimfast optima and added a string cheese and counted it as a protein & starch.

Your center may not approve of this (as they are trying to sell their own products). Whenever I wrote slimfast in my diary, they always "reminded" me that those are not on plan, but if I wrote Slim Down (the name of their shake), it's not a problem.

:goodluck:

bizlawchik 02-07-2007 03:22 PM

Hi and welcome! We'll need a name behind the screen name.

The Slim Fast Optima are an excellent choice and one that a bunch of us use. Lea Ann had discovered the wonderful fact that you can have a Slim Fast Optima and a rf string cheese for virtually the same nutritional content of a Slim Down. The Slim Downs have about 250 calories and the Slim Fast have 190. They count as a Protein and Starch. I like using the Slim Fast not only because of the cost, but also because I love being able to chew something and the string cheese is perfect.

bizlawchik 02-07-2007 03:22 PM

Sherry and I posted at the same time!

Yes, I always put "Slim Down" on my diary. They don't check back in your chart to see what you bought and when. It just cuts down on problems.

Repo girl 02-07-2007 04:00 PM

Welcome!

The best ME I can be 02-07-2007 04:03 PM

Thanks

Thanks, those were some speedy responses! add a cheesestring, 1 protein, 1 starch, call it a slimdown - I can handle that!

Someone asked for my name, sorry I don't remember who, anyway it's Kim. I'm 21 and a student. I'm graduating from University with a Tourism Management Degree in less than 3 months! I'm so excited, and figured that I should go into a monumental even like that as "the best me I can be"... I know, it's cheesy but you do what you gotta do to keep yourself going on right?

Barb316 02-07-2007 07:46 PM

I know that alot of people have bought things on ebay and when I substitute something I just write it down as what LAWL item it is supposed to be and 1 counselor asked me where I got it and I told her ebay. She surprisingly did not say anything.

WELCOME to the group KIM!