Old 02-07-2007, 08:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 211/211/155

Height: 5'7

Exclamation Slim-Fast????

Anyone on slimfast???? Whats your take on it??
Sexynewme77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 295/289/265.5 (10% Goal)

Height: 5'9"

My mom used to give it to me to take to school for breakfast when I was in High School. I didn't think it was particularily filling and usually ended up hitting the vending machine for m&ms, which was counter productive.
Personally, I can't be on a diet if I feel hungry all the time - I don't have that much willpower. I've been doing the weight control oatmeal packets for breakfasts. I can take them to work and make them really easy (just add hot water) and it's much more filling to me.

PS. I haven't been in HS for 6 years now so they might have some new products that are more substantial?

Last edited by compscinerdgirl; 02-07-2007 at 09:34 AM. Reason: adding PS
compscinerdgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 09:34 AM   #3  

I've had luck with it losing about 20 lbs, but always fall off. I'm on the upper end of their weight range, so I have something to eat with the slimfast, but I find it easier to just try to watch what I eat in general. I do like the convenience of the cans, so even now I take one with me sometimes for breakfast when I'm in a hurry so I don't skip a meal.
shelby897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 10:57 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 211/211/155

Height: 5'7

Thanks for your responces. I just need something to get me started. I know I won't stay on slim fast "forever" but just long enough to get a few pds off and moitvate me to keep going. I'm kinda an 'all or nothing' person, so doing something like this just to get me started sounds like it should work.
Sexynewme77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 211/200/155

Height: 5ft 7in

I did slim fast in the past and lost around 30 lbs in a few months. It is hard to stay on it cause you get hungry about a hour after have a shake. I've found that if I sip on it over 30 mins it fills me up till lunch. I am currently doing it again. For some reason it's the only diet I can stick too, once I get started. I agree don't do it forever I found myself trying to cut my calories even more than 1200 most days I was only getting around 900 that was at the end and one of the reasons I stopped. Be careful when you start something else you might gain weight. I managed to keep the weight off that I did lose. Go into it slow if you start slim fast having 2 shakes a day cut it to 1 when you start something else. then eliminate it all together once your doing good on your weight loss with another program.
Krissy818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 05:55 PM   #6  
Whittlin

S/C/G: 170/144/140

Height: 5'6"

One big misconception about SlimFast is the idea that you drink 2 shakes to replace 2 meals and that's it until dinnertime - making the whole point deprivation. That isn't the plan at all. Deprivation results in gaining the weight back, no matter what kind of diet it was.

Go to www.slimfast.com and click on SlimFast Optima Diet Plan (at top of main page), then click on Sample Plan and enter your weight to see a photographic explanation of a sample day's meals on their plan. All the way down to a weight of 141, you'll find that both your breakfast and lunch would be followed by a snack and your lunch would include a small sandwich or the equivalent. If you join as a member on their site you get all kinds of suggestions for lunches and snacks every day on your member page.

I've been using the SlimFast powder at home in addition to my main focus of exercise to lose weight and I have lost 2/3 of the weight I need to lose and still like the shakes fine. I usually combine a snack and meal, such as a half banana in the blender with the powder, milk and ice for a smoothie, with sandwich. I make sure I get close to the plan as far as calories, but I don't stick just with their suggestions and pretty much do my own thing. If I want a completely different lunch, for instance, I just try to stay close to the same calories as if I'd had their shake and example lunch.

BUT once before I did what I assumed was the plan (depriving myself on too few calories) and lost 10 pounds only to gain it back. Going to their website this time and finding out what they really recommend was a surprise for me.

I figured I'd change, too, but I never have gotten tired of it, it works, and not having to think about "diet" leaves me time to concentrate on my exercise to firm up.
Whittlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 02:07 PM   #7  
I'm doing it this time!

S/C/G: 189/175/145

Height: 5' 4"

I've been drinking the cans for years and love them. I have to have one for breakfast now, every day, and they fill me up till lunch. At work I drink one for lunch with a bag of 100 cal. popcorn. This gets me to 4:00, when I get home.

I never get hungry. Drinking them is like habit to me now and I think that's why I have stuck with it for so long. I only have about 30 lbs. to lose and I'm taking it slowly, and the slim fast helps me cut calories. I'm a work in progress. I lost 10lbs. since Aug!
doIlookfat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 02:42 PM   #8  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 205/see ticker/150

Height: 5,4

I was on the Slim Fast Optima Diet Plan for 2 months and lost 12 pounds with very little effort. I only drank 1 shake (it was a quick and easy breakfast) per day the rest of the day I ate a lot of fruits and veggies. I tried a lot of the recipes offered on slimfast.com, and found that they were pretty good. I bought an elliptical and was using it for about 20 mins per day 3 days a week and walked home from work (40 min) twice a week.
I slipped off the wagon for a few months when the cold weather arrived. I have not been on the elliptical and I have no desire to walk in the snow. I am still drinking a shake in the morning but that’s where the diet stops. The encouraging thing is that I have not put any weight back on, even over the holiday season.
I have decided to get serious about losing weight again and I am going back to the Slim Fast plan. I found it easy to follow, the online nutrition tracker made it simple to count the cals. I was not hungry at all it seemed like I was always eating. I highly recommend the plan to anyone wanting to lose weight, I suggest going to the website, register and take advantage of the tools that are offered, the tools make it easy and its free!
cablgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:19 PM   #9  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I used to like some of the slim-fast in a cans, but I always hated the tastes of any of the powders. I found a "clone" recipe online for a slim-fast like meal shake at home, which tasted great, and had a lot less sugar (can't find it now, of course). I could never stay on the shakes though, as I never found them very filling, and got very bored with them.

For me, what worked better was instant oatmeal for breakfast (I found a sugar-free instant oatmeal in the healthfood/vegetarian section of the grocery store) and a low calorie veggie soup (based on the WW zero point soup, I make a large pot to last several days) for lunch and snack - and sometimes as a first course for dinner.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:07 PM   #10  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

I started Slimfast a 1 1/2 week ago and im totally loving them! I like the powders more than the cans. I usually add 1/2 banana to my chocolate royale one and im good to go! I have one in the morning and it fills me up till lunch, where I will have another one with 1/2 sandwich or soup. They taste alot better than they used to! So far ive lost 5 lbs, and i cant wait to lose more!
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:46 PM   #11  

I need a jump start to my weight loss and this beats other options (i.e. a high protein diet or master cleanse or very restricted diet). I need to get back to onederland. I've never been this heavy and this is getting ridiculous.
missqt is offline   Reply With Quote