3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   anyone heard of this? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/103978-anyone-heard.html)

JLem311 02-05-2007 12:52 PM

anyone heard of this?

I saw on the hungrygirl.com website for peanut butter called: Better'n Peanut Butter. Has anyone tried this yet? I don't have a Trader Joes near me anywhere, but was thinking about trying to find some on the internet to buy if there have been decent reviews of it...since I'm vegetarian and that would be a good protein for me. I think I can have 3 tbsp of reduced fat peanut butter to equal 1 protein, I just didn't want all that fat..even the reduced fat still has quite a bit. This new stuff I saw has only 2 or 3 grams of fat! Just curious if it'd be worth buying online or not.

juliemarie 02-05-2007 12:54 PM

I bought some a couple of weeks ago-it's okay-not great . . . .then again-you could love it.

bizlawchik 02-05-2007 12:59 PM

I had e-mailed the dietician with the nutritional info and it was the same count as rf peanut butter (3T=1P)

JLem311 02-05-2007 01:10 PM

Julie--how much was it per jar?

Good to know Cassi--maybe I'll just stick to the reduced fat version since I don't have a Trader Joes near me...just hate ingesting all that fat!

juliemarie 02-05-2007 01:14 PM

It wasn't much-I think $2.50 or $2.99-something like that. I'll probably stick to real pb . . . .

JLem311 02-05-2007 01:24 PM

ok, i figured it was about that price and the sellers on ebay are jacking the price way up. I'll probaby stick to the reduced fat too. thanks for the info, though.

Dan2112 02-05-2007 01:44 PM

Isn't the fat in PB the "good" kind of fat? I seem to recall that being the case.. I LOVE peanut butter... I can eat it with just about anything.. Pancakes, French toast, waffles.. And the old standby travel food in our family.. PB and bacon sandwiches.. Don't knock 'till you've tried it.. Not that we can have bacon, of course..

My only problem with RF PB is that it's not as spreadible as the regular stuff.. I have a Trader Joes right up the street from my office.. Maybe I'll check the stuff out..

Kimphin 02-05-2007 01:44 PM

I've bought it, and I'd rather have the R/F version. I have heard that it works best as a substitute when baking, but sadly, I never do that anymore!

juliemarie 02-05-2007 01:48 PM

Dan-pb and bacon sandwiches are soooo good . . . .They were our travel breakfast too when i was a kid. . .

dolphn545 02-05-2007 01:51 PM

PB and bacon. Never heard of it. Is that a "west coast" thing?

Mama Nicole 02-05-2007 01:57 PM

I eat real peanutbutter, and I LOVE it. I don't have it that often, but you know, there are just some things that are truly great, and should not be messed with, as far as I am concerned. I know a couple of other people here use regular PB too, and they have all lost substantial amounts of weight. If you put real peanutbutter on celery, it is simply HEAVENLY. If you have an alternative that you like, stick with it. If not, it is COD approved to eat the real stuff. You just have to be careful not to eat it too often.

It is also important to remember that FAT is not a 4 letter word. Our bodies REQUIRE fat to work properly. If you think of your body as a symphony orchestra...and one group of intruments is missing........others have to work harder to make the melody flow. (Not my best analogy, but that is all I can come up with right now). No, that is not good enough, cuz it mises one of the most important concepts. If you deprive your body of needed fats, it does not operate at optimal efficiency. It may have to burn calories it would have normally used for something else to find the fats it needs. This results in calorie deficiency. This program was designed to include some fats in order to keep the body working at optimal efficiency. If you are derpriving it, you may be taking in too few calories, which will only set you up for faliure, (ie, binging, shutting down your metabolism....) I won't go into the physiology of it all (I would have to look it up....memory sucks), but we do NEED some fat. Fat in it's natural states are what our bodies prefer and metabolize most efficiently. I am not trying to lecture......I am just saying, be careful. My COD is always asking me, "are you getting your added fats in?" I think that fats are often misunderstood.

Boo'sMom 02-05-2007 01:59 PM

I tried the Better'n PB and was not impressed--tossed it eventually. Again--you may love it. I found it at Albertson's--seems it was slightly higher than regular--$4ish.

Cassi--I am surprised they count it the same--the nutritionals are a lot different. You never know what those silly chefs will say.

mamato2girls 02-05-2007 02:01 PM

Hmmmm...never heard of PB and bacon sandwhiches, but I love PB and banana sandwhiches!! I personally use Simply Jif with less sugar and a whole lot less sodium. It's not reduced fat, but the reduced fat only has 4g less than the regular anway. To me, it has a better flavor.

dolphn545 02-05-2007 02:04 PM

I tried PB and banana once. It was pretty good. Surprisingly. (this coming from nervous nellie who eats the same stuff all the time...)

juliemarie 02-05-2007 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mama Nicole (Post 1561905)
It is also important to remember that FAT is not a 4 letter word.

So true! It's a three letter word . . . :D