Old 01-28-2007, 01:30 AM   #1  
Justasweety

S/C/G: 338/274/150

Height: 5'8"

Question My hubby needs help.

My hubby needs help. I am going to start the Fat Smash diet myself as soon as I can get out of this hole in nowhere to go to town and get the book. But my hubby is in a pickle. Short background, he is in the army, 36 years old, 268 and 27% body fat. He is allowed 211 and 24% body fat. The weight goal is not the main issue, he needs to lose bodyfat the most. He is very muscular and works out every single day. He does 60 min cardio on the elliptical trainer and then does weight training(varies is body parts each day as recommended). The problem is, he doesn't ever lose inches off his waist, equalling body fat loss(the way the army calculates it.) He has tried 1800 calories a day for 30 days and lost NOTHING. We tried Atkins together because I had previously had good results. He has only lost 1/4 inch off his waist in 8 weeks. He is so frustrated and I am trying to be his support. He and I are both confused on what diet/or way of eating to try. We have the 6 week body makeover and he is going to try that starting tomorrow but if this doesn't work does anyone have any recommendations? He can be discharged from the military if this doesn't work. I prepare his meals and I know he sticks with the plan. I'm doing everything I can to help but I need a little input.
Justasweety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 03:41 AM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

My step-daughters DH is about 5'6 and weighs 255 lbs. His body fat is less than 10 % and he works out constantly. I'll try to ask him what he has done to lower his body fat percentage. He has the biggest leg muscles I've ever seen. He doesn't look fat, just huge muscles. Sorry I'm not much help, but I will try to get back to you on what he does. He is 30 yrs. old so not far from your DH's age. You might ask Meg in the maintainers forum, I think she has a lot of experience with body fat %'s and works at a gym. She is a wealth of knowledge for anyone needing to lose weight.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote