3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   LA Weight Loss (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss-171/)
-   -   La Lites (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/la-weight-loss/101476-la-lites.html)

Booger 01-07-2007 10:12 PM

La Lites

I've been using LA lites through the center but im not a big fan of them.

So I know you can use other types of bars for LA lite substitutes such as Luna.

But what flavors can you use... any of them??

Im trying to get back on track after having my Gall Bladder removed and not being able to be on LAWL for about 7 weeks or so. :(

Any advice would help!

Sam

emmysmom 01-08-2007 09:12 AM

You can substitute with Pria Complete, Luna and Kashi Go Lean...any flavor. I personally like the Luna bars the best.
You're almost half way to goal...that's awesome!

Dan2112 01-08-2007 10:18 AM

I don't like many of the lites either.. Thank God for the carmel and peanut butter.. If you nuke the PB in the microwave (sans wrapper!!) for 15 seconds, it makes it even better!!!

SaskNewfie 01-11-2007 06:47 PM

I'm thinking I may have to break down and buy some lite bars. I'm finding that the past few days I've been craving very bad. Yesterday evening I ate 4 small chocolate chip cookies. This evening I ate 2 plus a handful of chocolate coated raisins. I'm not as bad as I was before I started lawl, but I don't want to be eating that stuff. Dan, you mentioned in another thread that they help with cravings...would you recommend them in my situation? Are there other alternatives that anyone knows about? If you don't eat the la lite bars, can you substitute other foods in their place? I think I read somewhere in here that you can eat extra veggies without any real risks to your diet, but I'm not sure a stick of celery would curb my craving for a nanaimo bar! lol...thanks!!

Angie 01-11-2007 09:47 PM

Jason, I've been shopping for lites and lunas on Ebay, there are some deals there, just remember to check the shipping costs to Canada before you order.

ETA: I mentioned to my COD today that I might order them online rather than buy them there...I think that was a mistake. They were thrown for a loop and want me to speak with the manager on Saturday. I should have just said a friend gave me some.

Dan2112 01-12-2007 01:00 AM

Jason... I find they are VERY handy in killing off my cravings in the afternoon.. Right around 3 o'clock, I start getting hungry and in the past, usually made a trip to the vending machine.. But since I have the lites, I have not needed the vending machines....

I'm not a sweets person, so I was afraid the lights wouldn't be that great, but the carmel and peanut butter (and to a certain extent the chocolate crunch) seem to really do the trick..

If you don't want to go down the road of buying lites or one of the store bought alternatives (haven't tried them, so I don't know how good they might be or not), you could always save a fruit and eat that in between meals instead...

You have to be really careful about those little cheats.. Sometimes it can be VERY hard to stop at just a "handful"...

This is a mental game as well.. You've got to really fight the urge to blow it... Just focus on the money you're spending and WHY you're spending it!

You and I have a slight advantage over the ladies here, in that men usually tend to lose faster, and those little cheats tend to affect us less.. Be that as it may, we can't get complacent with the losses we've had so far.. You've dumped a ton of weight in a short span of time.. For that you're feeling pretty good.. But it's easy to become comfortable with the loss so far and lose sight of the overall goal... Stay strong!!

Kimphin 01-12-2007 09:32 AM

Dan - I'm a 3PM snack hunter too. My carmel deluxe bar fits the bill nicely. It's actually the only flavor I like anymore. Carmel crunch is OK too.

Jason - they're not nanaimo's, but they do help, I think. Get one box and see what you think.

Angie - Yes, you need to become wise to the ways of the COD... LOL. I always say that 'my sister was on LAWL and she has a ton left' or something. Not because I care what they think, just because I don't want to waste time arguing with them. I write down 'Slimdown' when I have slimfasts, Take Off juice when I use the Knudsens, etc... My file is so thick they would never think to look back and see when I last purchased those items.

Dan2112 01-12-2007 10:14 AM

There are two kinds of carmel bars??!! My COD only has one kind (the crunch I think) and they are so popular that unless you get them when a shipment comes in, you're SOL... I've become a hoarder of the carmel bars!!

Kimphin 01-12-2007 10:40 AM

Major hoarder! I leave with 5 boxes at a time! (some for work, some for home)

There are Carmel Crunch and Carmel Deluxe (like a fat person's Snickers bar, LOL)

Dan2112 01-12-2007 10:45 AM

I'll have to ask about the other kind.. Or Maybe they're just for you Upstate folks... My family is from Upstate, NY.. Mom was born and raised in Saranac Lake and my uncles lived in and around Syracuse and Plattsburg for years..

Thanks for the tip!

Prazteam 01-12-2007 10:58 AM

I agree that the lites seem like a treat to me but since Dr. Oz has enlightened me about the HFCS, I'm a little less excited about them. I usually have one every other day or so. I love the Caramel deluxe also!!! It took a while to finally get them here, but they are my favorite along with the mint. DH loves the coconut (says it tastes like a Mounds candy bar but I don't think so) and his other favs are the peanut butter and the choc crunch. His COD gives him a deal whenever he buys 5 boxes at a time (if you think $100 is a dea!)
Jason - be strong! Another thing I like for a "sweet treat" is a caramel rice cake with peanut butter on it. YUM!! COD told dh that a rice cake is like eating next to nothing when you need a treat.

Kimphin 01-12-2007 10:59 AM

Ooh - I'm not THAT far upstate! Saranac was -30 today... Brrrr. I'm near Albany.

Lite flavors are a weird thing.... Franchise vs corporate means different flavors available, east vs. west. You'd think with a large corp like LAWL there would be more consistency.

Kimphin 01-12-2007 11:01 AM

Yeah, the high fructose corn syrup is a baddie, but if it keeps me out of the Hersheys, I'm OK...

I tried the mounds ones - first bite good, second bite YUCK! I think it is a texture thing.

KrispieD 01-12-2007 11:01 AM

SasKNewfie
You can buy their chocolate biscotti that counts as a fruit and starch or their snacks like toffee popcorn, cheese curls etc. I take these to parties or events where there are chips etc. as they each only count as starch and you can still feel like you are having something fun other than celery!

Angie.. if you COD has been low on stock or out of stock like mine tell them that you heard of the bars on Ebay and wanted to ensure you can get product and that may hush them up quickly since they are tripping over themselves right now being out of everything. Or like someone else said tell them you had a friend etc that bought them but had a problem with soy and she gave you some. They can be intimidating but you are the customer.. they are the staff.. if you mention lack of stock I'm sure they'll hush quickly!

emmysmom 01-12-2007 11:23 AM

Pearl - I've been very aware of HFCS lately as well...bad stuff! Even most salad dressings have it in. It takes me forever at the grocery store because I'm constantly reading labels, but it's worth it.