Old 04-11-2007, 05:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/214/150

Default LAWL without books or center

I have never done LA weight loss before. One reason would be that I really cannot afford to go to the center. I am a SAHM of four children 8, 6, 2, 15 months. I have done WW before and really don't want to go that direction again. I'm not ready for that again. I know some people who have done LA and have really lost alot of weight with it. I would really like to try it but was wondering if there was somewhere I could find out the information I need to do the program. I know that with WW you can find out enough information on the internet to do it without having to go to meetings. When I did WW I did the at home program and did not go to meetings. We just cannot afford for me to go to meetings. Any help or advice would be greatly appericated.
Thanks,
Dawn
ministerswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Welcome Dawn.

We can't share the plan here, since it's copyrighted and we had to pay LAWL for our copies. But you might check ebay, as it's sometimes available for sale.

That being said, you can feel free to check out our different threads because you can generally get most of the information here. Also, if you provide us with your height and weight, we could help you with the color plan you would use.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:58 PM   #3  

Thanks! I'm 5'5" and weigh about 216. I really want to know where to get started. I've seen these post about the TO and FF and other things, but can't figure out if this is what I start with. I keep reading about these bars, and the substitutes like the Luna and Kashi bars. I really think I would like to do a plan with these if possible. I would like to get to about 150 lbs. Is there a link someone could provide that would tell me where to start? I read in one on the links a basic plan but I think it was for the TO plan.
Thanks for the help.
Dawn
Old 04-11-2007, 07:16 PM   #4  

You would start with the Fast Forward plan, which is in the newbie thread and then I would think you would be on purple until around 185 and then move to gold. The difference between purple and gold is that the protein sizes for purple are 2oz more than on gold (8oz chicken vs 6oz, 7oz fish vs 5oz, and 6oz beef vs 4), and on gold you get one less veggie (3 instead of 4).

You can do a search of the forum posts for more specific information, but on purple you get 1 dairy, 1fat, 2 protein, 2 starches, 3 fruits and 4 veggies. You also get two lites per day. That should help you get started.

I would also recommend you call your local LAWL center to see if they are running any specials. You could maybe sign up for a shorter period as a trial, which would give you access to some basic beginner counseling, as well as the official plan. Ask if they are having an open house soon because there are deep discounts offered then as well. If it still isn't financially possible, hang around here and I'm sure you will find a lot of support. Most of our chatter is in the Losers and Friends thread.
Old 04-11-2007, 07:41 PM   #5  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Welcome Dawn, good luck!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:16 PM   #6  

Thank you so much!
Old 04-12-2007, 12:22 AM   #7  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Dawn,
If you personally know someone who has been on LAWL, you can also see if they would possibly let you have one of their old menu plan books too. A lot of people on here that don't go to the centers have gotten the plan from friends or family. Good luck with what you choose.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

even though I go to the COD and I paid for the program I bought the Ebay version a while back, it is a download so no shipping and it usually goes for around 3 bucks. that is what I spent anyway. it is an older version but close enough to jump in here.

Good luck.......
Lettie
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 12:59 PM   #9  

What do I search for on Ebay for this version? All I could find was the bars, drink and some cookbooks. Thanks for the advice.
Dawn
Old 04-12-2007, 01:19 PM   #10  

One other suggestion: Check out the Daily Menu Thread (check previous months too) for menu ideas and portion sizes. We usually put what plan color we're on and then list our meals.

As for the plan on Ebay, it comes and goes so just keep checking.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:34 PM   #11  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

It may not be something on Ebay right away but you may see it. It could possibly be restricted due to copyright laws as well as you would be selling their printed materials.
Cassi's idea is a good one to use menu threads. Without going to a COD you don't have the counsellors to guide you along, (part of the big price tag). but there are several women who do the LA at Home.. the online plan. That may be the best solution as you would get the plan, costs less and you could get answers to your questions.
Good luck!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote